Belle New Look On The Way

disneyprincess.gif

VS

201300006128.jpg

They all look like they used Taylor Swift's eye makeup artist.

It occurs to me that one thing that they are doing with this is bringing all princesses into the same animation style. This is important if they are to cross over and appear together. Watching Sophia, again, made me think of this.

Why are the kids in 2013 dumber than all the kids that went before them that had to deal with different artistic styles?

The original artists were employees who drew the characters as directed/approved by management. Their work is not sacrosanct.

This is the one of the most disgusting things I've seen written on these boards.

I'm shocked anyone would have ever considered the work of the 9 old men as simply the work of an employee.

They were and are artists.

The original artists were employees who drew the characters as directed/approved by management. Their work is not sacrosanct.

And while this may be technically true, it doesn't seem to detract from YoHo's point.

YoHo said:
Why are the kids in 2013 dumber than all the kids that went before them that had to deal with different artistic styles?

This is the one of the most disgusting things I've seen written on these boards.

I'm shocked anyone would have ever considered the work of the 9 old men as simply the work of an employee.

They were and are artists.

Wow. Overreact much?

Sure they were artists. That fact doesn't change my point in any way.

You let me know when the Mona Lisa gets updated to better connect with modern art viewers and we'll talk.

YoHo said:
You let me know when the Mona Lisa gets updated to better connect with modern art viewers and we'll talk.

That's a great analogy. This is why:

Someone could paint a new version of the Mona Lisa. Someone probably has. The mere fact that the new version existed would not change the original one in any way, however. Similarly, these updated characters don't change the original art in any way.

I think most of them look like they are modeling for Frederick's of Hollywood, especially the way their hair is styled.

I would have said VS.

None of them have a neck line low enough for Fredricks.

They need a princess of Asian decent. (don't give me "mulan" she's not on par with Belle, Ariel, etc)

Way too many white/blonde princesses. I was thrilled with Princess and Frog and I was greatly disappointed when they came out with Tangled. Another white blonde woman? Seriously? I thought Princess & Frog indicated a new direction.

That's a great analogy. This is why:

Someone could paint a new version of the Mona Lisa. Someone probably has. The mere fact that the new version existed would not change the original one in any way, however. Similarly, these updated characters don't change the original art in any way.

Except the Mona Lisa's image isn't used in a da Vinci theme park. If it were, and they decided to change all the current uses of the Mona Lisa to a more modern look, then you would have a good analogy.

And both instances would be equally wrong.

Honestly, what does it really matter.

I think their look is softer, more feminine and a little younger. They looked more like grown women before when they are all supposed to be in the late teens, early twenties.

They need a princess of Asian decent. (don't give me "mulan" she's not on par with Belle, Ariel, etc)

Way too many white/blonde princesses. I was thrilled with Princess and Frog and I was greatly disappointed when they came out with Tangled. Another white blonde woman? Seriously? I thought Princess & Frog indicated a new direction.

Mulan is my favorite. She outshines the other princesses because she is a girl/woman who can take care of herself.

To me, it's like they are trying to make them look "sexier", especially Belle's come hither look and hair style. Eww.. :rotfl2:

A princess of Asian decent? Jasmine would be one.

Cinderella's change was basically just subtle differences to the dress and a mildely revamped hairstyle. It's subtle enough that I didn't even notice it when watching Sophia the First the first 93 times until after I heard that there was a change.

The same is likely to happen to Belle. Her unfortunate hairstyle will get better and her dress will be mildly different. I have no doubt that she will still be instantly recognizable.

Her face is much slimmer and she appears to have on more make up... she no longer looks like cinderella to me...apart from the hair colour and the dress

Tangled was based on Rapunzel, which was written in the 1800's I believe. "Rapunzel, Rapunzel, let down your golden hair"... hence the blonde haired princess for this movie.

angelmichelle said:

According to that top photo, Snow White had a makeover from the original artwork a long time ago. I don't remember any outcry over that *shrug*

Jasonkat said:
Way too many white/blonde princesses. I was thrilled with Princess and Frog and I was greatly disappointed when they came out with Tangled. Another white blonde woman? Seriously? ...
You can take solace in the knowledge that she ends up with short brown hair.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter