Belle, Aurora & Snow White switcharoo

FWIW, when we saw ETWB last Friday, one of the Dads who participated did pick up his small daughter to join him for the pic with Belle. The pics were not especially rushed---one little boy got caught up in hugging Belle and rushed off before the photographer could catch them together and he was called back for a second chance. He took two pics of each of my two girls with Belle in addition to those taken during the story. There are no autographs, or long conversations, but Belle did do a little chatting here and there--it is in front of an audience, so personal conversation is limited. The pics all go on one "event" photopass card so everyone gets all the pictures of the show. It would be quite easy for an adult with a shy or small child to participate together---in our show there were 2 brothers who were going to be "Maurice" together. It was a wonderful Belle too.

The line does move very slowly...40 people at a time is a generous guess, 25 was more my guess.

Ok, so let me see if I have this right. So during the CM only previews, meeting Belle in her gold ballgown won't be possible anywhere in the MK ? Am I understanding this right ?

:confused3
FWIW, when we saw ETWB last Friday, one of the Dads who participated did pick up his small daughter to join him for the pic with Belle. The pics were not especially rushed---one little boy got caught up in hugging Belle and rushed off before the photographer could catch them together and he was called back for a second chance. He took two pics of each of my two girls with Belle in addition to those taken during the story. There are no autographs, or long conversations, but Belle did do a little chatting here and there--it is in front of an audience, so personal conversation is limited. The pics all go on one "event" photopass card so everyone gets all the pictures of the show. It would be quite easy for an adult with a shy or small child to participate together---in our show there were 2 brothers who were going to be "Maurice" together. It was a wonderful Belle too.

The line does move very slowly...40 people at a time is a generous guess, 25 was more my guess.
This is disgusting. I'm a disney stock holder and i wonder what were they thinking. I love Belle and know that there are alot of other people who love her too. I guest i will have to see her in Epcot or take another cruise.I'm just going to have to write about this enchanted tales with Belle. I had such high hopes only to be dashed. Mabey if enough of us write they will have another M&G>

Thanks so much for your report. Maybe they're trying to slow it down a bit????? (fingers crossed).

I'd love to hear more reports. With it operating every day now, hopefully more folks will chime in.

Ok, so let me see if I have this right. So during the CM only previews, meeting Belle in her gold ballgown won't be possible anywhere in the MK ? Am I understanding this right ?

My understanding is that Belle is now out of the TST and CRT rotations. So previews or no........ Storytime is it. That is not slated to change at all as far as I know. If you go when they're doing CM previews and it's closed again to the public, you could just be completely out of luck. I'd like to think they'd stick Belle out behind the castle or something for those folks, but they don't seem to like to do that for whatever reason. I personally LOVE having characters out and about as part of the scenery, whether I'm getting in line or not.

:confused3This is disgusting. I'm a disney stock holder and i wonder what were they thinking. I love Belle and know that there are alot of other people who love her too. I guest i will have to see her in Epcot or take another cruise.I'm just going to have to write about this enchanted tales with Belle. I had such high hopes only to be dashed. Mabey if enough of us write they will have another M&G>

I do hope that you (and others) will indeed take a moment to write in. I have to think that in this time of change they are probably watching closely to see how this goes over.

It just seems so crazy to have her with a lower profile just as her new section of the park is opening.

Yes that's what it seems at this stage.

Well all I can say is that I am glad we aren't paying a truckload of money for the BBB now. I can't imagine her disappointment if we gotten her all done up, all for for a pic with Belle in matching outfits, only to be told "Nope, sorry, can't see Belle today, or for another two weeks for that matter."

But my goodness, there is going to be a lot of furious parents out there when they find out they won't be able to see Belle at all at the magic kingdom. Especailly after paying a small fortune to see their daughters and Belle in matching dresses.

I am still going to write. This whole set up stinks.

Ok, just sent Disney an email stating how unhappy I am about the current meet and greet situation.

Like any experience in WDW, it's only a big deal to a kid if the parent makes it a big deal. On my trip in August I made a big deal out of meeting characters, going to PL and BBB, and character meals. Had not done any of those my kids would not have known any better, thus not be disappointed about missing something.

Ok, just sent Disney an email stating how unhappy I am about the current meet and greet situation.

I also just sent Robert Igor an email as well as disney. This is just not right. People pay huge amounts of money to see Belle. I may just have to go another cruise at least there i knew that she would be there and at what time.

Hopefully with all of the complaints Disney will reconsider the Meet & Greet. Some Little princess' especially are going to be dissapointed.

I experienced Enchanted Tales with Belle yesterday. I thought it was great! Every person that wanted a part in the story got a part. Even a young man in a wheelchair got a part as well as a very shy kid who had his mom help him with the part of Maurice. Everyone that wanted could take part in the "parade" around the library. I didn't think the part with the picutes was rushed at all. I was part of the "story" and when it was picture time Belle commented on my Belle t-shirt. Each participant was given a Belle bookmark and was announced by name before the picture.

I'm a huge Belle fan and really enjoyed the experience.

Like any experience in WDW, it's only a big deal to a kid if the parent makes it a big deal. On my trip in August I made a big deal out of meeting characters, going to PL and BBB, and character meals. Had not done any of those my kids would not have known any better, thus not be disappointed about missing something.

Yes that is true, but what about the parents that have no idea of the changes happening. Imagine how they will feel, after paying about $200 for a matching Belle dress and a matching Belle hairdo, marching their little princesses over to meet Belle only to be told, "Nope sorry, if you want a picture you will have to participate in a play, but you can't ask her anything, can't give her a hug, but hey, you will get a quick picture" or in our case "Nope, sorry only cast members can see Belle for the next two weeks." I understand that there is no guarantee about any of the characters, but come on, we are talking about Belle here, one of their most popular princesses. She should not be this inaccessible and I don't blame parents one bit for being angry.

Again, we go on the 21st, and I imagine there are going to be a lot of angry parents when they find out they won't be able to see Belle on that day. I understand that Enchanted Tales with Belle is a fun experience, but it should be done in addition to a meet and greet with Belle, not instead of.

I experienced Enchanted Tales with Belle yesterday. I thought it was great! Every person that wanted a part in the story got a part. Even a young man in a wheelchair got a part as well as a very shy kid who had his mom help him with the part of Maurice. Everyone that wanted could take part in the "parade" around the library. I didn't think the part with the picutes was rushed at all. I was part of the "story" and when it was picture time Belle commented on my Belle t-shirt. Each participant was given a Belle bookmark and was announced by name before the picture.

That's great to hear. I sure hope they've slowed that crazy pace down. (fingers crossed.....)

I also just sent Robert Igor an email as well as disney. This is just not right. People pay huge amounts of money to see Belle. I may just have to go another cruise at least there i knew that she would be there and at what time.

Would highly recommend the cruise route. The entertainment team there gets it.

My previous issues with the greet are small compared to the newest rumor that this is considered enough B&B to finally close the DHS show

Well that is good to know that it won't be so hurried. Doesn't help us because we are going during CM previews, but it seems it isn't as bad as I had seen on videos.

Would highly recommend the cruise route. The entertainment team there gets it.

My previous issues with the greet are small compared to the newest rumor that this is considered enough B&B to finally close the DHS show

I just got off the fantasy september 29 and you bet they get it. i saw belle three times durring the cruise. belive me after i read this i'm relly considering taking a cruise. I also know some one who used work for DCL

hildyp said:

The issue is that people don't know they HAVE to participate to get a picture with Belle. That is not explained anywhere before you go in. I told everyone in line around me so they could make sure their kids participated.

And my 1 year old cant participate unless I carried her around bc she doesn't walk fast enough and she would get all of 5 seconds of interaction with Belle. The pictures were very rushed yesterday when we went.

Since BOG hasn't opened yet, we're all speculating. But there was a recent report that Beast would appear as you arrive (like Cindy at CRT or Belle at Akershus). No other characters have entered the conversation for BOG.

Stay tuned.

ETA: Once again, mom2rtk and I say the same thing at the same time. I should probably just stay away when she's around. ;)

No, we need you both. And Kenny. And Berlioz.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!