Bejeweled Blitz players (Facebook)

Discussion in 'Community Board' started by KarenB, Oct 18, 2009.

1. Aimeedyan

Aimeedyan <font color=blue>Why get all excited about somethi

This thread must have given me a dose of good luck because I just scored 477,700!! :cool1::cool1: Never had that high of a score or seen one from one of my friends! :cool1:

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Cindy B

Cindy B <font color=blue>Have taken some furniture polish

I"ve topped out at 197,000 lately. The new version makes for much easier play, IMO-- but the multiplier buttons seems to take longer to arrive than in the first version.

4. Mickey527

Mickey527 DIS Veteran

My high game is 322,750 but it will be gone tomorrow.
    I did post that I will never see a game that high again. It was sheer luck, I would get a match and a group would just fall into place, I didn't clear that high a score on my own.
    I try to set up a 5 in a row as much as possible but that takes away from the smaller matches and takes time. My normal scores are between 50,000 and 100,000 but every once in a while I get a 12,000. It is just luck of what they give you to work with.

5. ckay87

ckay87 demented and sad...but social

It's been the opposite for me. With the old version, I was hard press to get over 50,000. With the new version, it's a snap. My new high score is like 180K which was unheard of with the old version.

The big difference I see is that you can keep making matches, even while your last match is "settling"

And what is this "last hurrah" thing? Where the board makes matches and boosts your score in certian cases even while time is up? That is where I got my big numbers. My game would end at, say, 40K and then the score would bump itself up to like 80K after time's up. I don't get it, but I like it.

6. ICF

ICF DIS Veteran

It will 'blow up' any special jewels you have left on your board when time ends...suchs as your x3 or x4, flashing jewels and the like. In the "old" version, the game just ended and now they all explode and new jewels fall down so you have the possiblity of making lost of points.

My current score is 254K, which I thought was good until a friend of mine got pver 350K....and I saw someone here got 477K to which I just have to :worship: to.

Like others, some games I get 20K and others I get 200K. I would say my normal is somewhere around 100K give or take a few points.

7. swandiverpatt

swandiverpatt DIS Veteran

Agree with all of this -- I hit 426,600 this weekend! :eek: Yes, I'm proud of that. ;-)

My sisters were asking me how I get such a high score and I told them to just go for the white and gold jewels. :lmao: But, yeah, the list of 5 above is basically what helps!

8. KarenB

KarenB <font color=green>Goes to the mall and sniffs Yank

Here is a question.....when I get 5 in a row, I have that cube appear. When I click on it most times I get a bunch of 250 points, but once in a while I get 500, 750 or 1000 points. How do I get those higher points?

9. DISNEY1975

DISNEY1975 DIS Veteran

You have to get a 2x or 3x to get the higher points. When you are in the beginning, regular points you will get 250, once you get a 2x set, you will get 500 etc..

Im jealous of all of you. My computer can not download flashplayer 10, therefor, I cant play bejeweled anymore. I score over 100K once on the old version and over 75K all the time.

Im waiting for a day after Thanksgiving supersale to buy a new desktop. I cant justify paying regular price for a new computer, that I really dont need, just to play a game!

10. KarenB

KarenB <font color=green>Goes to the mall and sniffs Yank

I get it now! Thanks

11. Vivig

Vivig <font color=teal>Addicted to DISboards<br><font co

I am TOTALLY addicted to this silly game! Plus I did not think that I was as competive as I have become. The silly thing is that I cannot score anywhere near the totals you all have posted. Any hints out there???

12. Sheree Bobbins

Sheree Bobbins DIS Veteran

I am fed up with Bejeweled Blitz and have sworn off it. I got a score of 20,000 once. That was it. It's not worth my time. However, I tip my hat to the many high scorers. I vainly tried to ask for help on Facebook so I am happy to see some help here. But, like I say, I'm off it.

13. allison443

allison443 DIS Veteran

I don't have a facebook profile, but I play on my dd's page (i have her password). She doesn't mind if I play. I used some of your tips and got her a high score-one of her friends commented why was she up so late playing games on fb ;) of course it was actually mom...

My dd offered to make me a fb page just so I can play the games ;)

14. choirchic

choirchic DIS Veteran

YAY! I'm so glad to know that I'm not the only one who's addicted!!! :lmao:

My highest is 236k but I'm working on getting it higher! I start before Go time, I play A LOT, and I go as fast as I can because speed gets you extra points!

15. impression13

impression13 Earning My Ears

Bejeweled Blitz is the fourth among the Bejeweled family, a series of fast-paced games in the puzzle category developed by PopCap Games, in which players swap and match gems to make at least three of the same color and shape to form a row on the eight-by-eight grid of game screen.

16. joviroxx

joviroxx <font color=blue>rectally reporters television pro

OK, I must be a real nerd because my scores are really high (insert embarrassed smiley here). My weekly scores are regularly 350,000-400,000, with some weeks higher and my highest being in the 775,000 range. :scared1:

I can usually hit at least 200,000 each day. I do have bad games though. 3 tips I learned was 1) get the multipliers and 2) keep going even though you have a match. You can still move balls even though the screen is adjusting from the previous one. Don't wait until it settles, keep going. Stay one step ahead and dont sit and watch the screen settle down. 3) Start as the game starts while the screen is dropping the balls. Don't wait.

I also make sure to get my coins, including the daily spin. I only use them to harvest the Phoenix Prism. When I use that gem is when I score the highest.

I don't really sit and play for long periods of time. This game is like a stress reliever. I play it here and there, one game at a time, as a stress reliever LOL.

17. Tigger&Belle

Tigger&Belle <font color=blue>I'm the good girl on the DIS<br><

Thanks to seeing this thread, I'm going to get back into playing that game! :scared1: :laughing: I'm currently on a Solitaire Blitz kick, with some backgammon thrown in for fun. Let me head over there and see how badly I now am at Bejeweled. :rotfl2:

18. ColoradoDisneyFreaks

ColoradoDisneyFreaks DIS Veteran

Zombie thread!!!!!

19. joviroxx

joviroxx <font color=blue>rectally reporters television pro

Ah crap! I missed that... :eek:

20. wiigirl

wiigirl DIS Veteran

:scared1:

21. Lintasare

Lintasare Holy Carp!

Aw dang it. Sucked in by a zombie thread. And I was going to post my current high score.