Being thrown out of the Animal Kingdom for littering?

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by old lady, Aug 27, 2013.

1. old lady

old lady DIS Veteran

I heard they will thrown you out for littering in the Animal Lodge for dumping stuff on the savannah or at the park or teasing the animals and such even if you pay already? Is that true?

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. dansdad

dansdad DIS Veteran

That would be great if it's true.:thumbsup2

4. bethclayton

bethclayton DIS Veteran

i sure hope so!

5. Sandy1892

Sandy1892 Earning My Ears

If it isn't it should be

6. fla4fun

fla4fun DIS Veteran

I believe any thing you do that could cause harm to to the animals (whether physical harm or psychological harm) could get you evicted from the resort, whether you've prepaid your room or not. They give you a lot of info when you check in about what is allowed and what isn't, and if you aren't the type of person who likes to be told what to do, then AKL might not be the best resort choice for you. I know a lot of people get upset about the no balloon rule (they will store it for you and give it back when you leave), but I totally understand why it's in place.

7. kapoof

kapoof DIS Veteran

I have read that there are cameras on the savannah rooms to see if anyone is throwing stuff to the animals. Disney really wants the animals to be as safe and as natural as possible. My friend was disappointed that you can't touch and pet the animals there, but I explained this isn't a petting zoo! Just look and watch and enjoy...

8. rickers353

rickers353 Mouseketeer

Disney takes great pride in keeping the parks clean. This could not only hurt the animals, but the peolpe that would have to pick it up.

They also have the animals trained to go to certain areas to be fed, mainly in view of the guests at the park. This would upset that pattern too.

9. bluejasmine

bluejasmine DIS Veteran

Im sure the cameras aren't IN the Savannah rooms as that would be illegal they are probably on the outside and also pointed towards the rooms to insure the safety and well being of the animals which is the right thing to do..

10. OrangeCountyCommuter

OrangeCountyCommuter DIS Veteran

Yep. If you do stupid stuff you get to leave.

11. Mousemommy1

Mousemommy1 DIS Veteran

I can't imagine how that would not be a rule. :confused3

12. dmccarty

dmccarty DIS Veteran

There are cameras at AKL and AKV that watch the balconies. There are stickers on the balcony rails and I think on the sliding glass doors telling you about the cameras. You need to keep the blinds shut or you might be on CCTV. :rotfl:

I would expect that Disney security would pay a visit if people were throwing things off the balcony. I suspect most of securities room visits are for smoking on the balcony not for throwing things at animals. Last visit, at least one smoker was filling up the parking garage with smoke. It was unreal how bad it was down there and Disney did not notice for some reason. Given how bad the smoke was it had to be more than one person. If it was not a group of smokers, someone spent a fortune on cigarettes.

The savannahs are designed so that it is hard to throw items from the balconies that would land across the line of electric fence. You can see odd items on the ground that have obviously fallen from the balconies. Usually it is stuff a kid would be holding but that was dropped by accident. Most of the animals will not cross the electric fence, though we have seen one that did.

Later,
    Dan

13. aaarcher86

aaarcher86 DIS Veteran

I certainly hope so.

I don't see why not, honestly. They can kick you out for many reasons not just at AKL - paid or not.

14. Tonka's Skipper

Tonka's Skipper DIS Veteran

I hope so as well!......

AKK

15. I Love Pluto

I Love Pluto DIS Veteran<br><font color=green>I guess that make

Animals cannot clean up after humans who try to poison them with their trash. They can't hold the trash bags, and they can't hold the broom! :thumbsup2

16. tiger4me2

tiger4me2 DIS Veteran

I agree with the others not only at AKL, AK but others resorts & parks as well. I am rather tired of people dropping their trash anywhere they are when there is a trash can is nearby.

Last time we stayed at the AKL you were not allowed to bring balloons in the resort or into room. Maybe they change this but was the back in 2008.

17. spritna

spritna Mouseketeer

Not sure why this questioned was even asked....

18. TDC Nala

TDC Nala <font color=red>1937, what a year that was<br><fon Moderator

Yes. They will. Guests are warned going in that they are not going to be allowed to deliberately engage in behavior that would endanger the animals. Even if they've paid.

AKL and AK park do still disallow balloons.

19. jimmysmom74

jimmysmom74 DIS Veteran

This is all true. They will not let you have anything hanging on the balconies, such as wet towels and clothing. They are always watching the balconies to ensure the safety of the animals. If you are accidentally left a towel on the balcony, they will call your room and ask you to remove it. If you are leaning over the balcony with a drink also a phone call to remind you of the safety of the animals, but if you are deliberately throwing things into the savannah, they will throw you off the property, you can be criminally charged, and banned if it is serious offense. Remember they have it on video. I would think that everyone would agree with this policy, it is for the animal's safety.

20. jimmysmom74

jimmysmom74 DIS Veteran

FYI. Plastic Straws are also forbidden.

21. kamik86

kamik86 DIS Veteran

If your worried about kids dropping stuff they won't throw you out for that (at concierge one day dealing with something else and a mom came with her son and made him explain how he lost his shoe in the savannah and apologize. Then they sent someone to get it for him.)

However if it happened too often with one family I could see being thrown out