Beer on the Fantasy

Any idea what they serve in the concierge lounge? If there is Guiness, my husband will never leave. :rotfl:

Did anyone else infer they where bringing their own beer to the pool? While I'd love for this to be the case it's technically not allowed, correct? (Although I'm sure it really just comes down to whether a CM would call you out on it)

Did anyone else infer they where bringing their own beer to the pool? While I'd love or this to be the case it's technically not allowed, correct? (Although I'm sure it really just comes down to whether a CM would call you out on it)

You're right, but they made it pretty clear that's what they were doing... that's a no-no on DCL, but they were also wrong in the amount of beer you can bring on board by limiting it to the cooler bag only, technically if you wanted you could have multiple roller carryon bags in your party all full of beer, wine, soda, etc...

Did anyone else infer they where bringing their own beer to the pool? While I'd love or this to be the case it's technically not allowed, correct? (Although I'm sure it really just comes down to whether a CM would call you out on it)

Correct: You shouldn't be bringing your own beer to the pool. Here's the policy as outlined by DCL.

While adult Guests ages 21 and older may bring alcohol onboard, the following guidelines apply:

Alcohol brought on board may not be consumed in any lounge or public area.[
/B]

That being said, an interesting question to ask on this forum would be, Has anyone ever had a CM confront them about the beer they were drinking? I might just post it. I expect hardly, if anyone, will say he or she has been admonished for drinking his or her own beer.

What's not allowed? Drinking the beer you brought? Why would you be allowed to bring it on board but not be allowed to drink it?

You are allowed to bring it onboard but you are to consume it in your stateroom, do people bring it to public areas.... probably.... would disney reconsider the policy if they noticed everyone with a cooler bag at the pool and a drop in sales that hurt the bottom line, probably...

Another reason beyond $, is that it limits the ability for bartenders to cut off those that appear to intoxicated.

Heres the official policy

While adult Guests ages 21 and older may bring alcohol onboard, the following guidelines apply:

Alcohol brought on board may not be consumed in any lounge or public area.
Guests who arrive in the dining room with a bottle of champagne or wine that has been brought on board will be charged a corking fee of $20.00 per bottle.
Beverages must be packed in your carry-on bag—which must not exceed 22 inches wide, 14 inches high and 9 inches deep in dimension
Coolers filled with personal items (e.g. soda, alcohol, chips, candy, etc.) may not be brought on board.

Ocspartan, I should have checked the policy before I posted. Right after I posted my first reply, I rechecked and edited my reply. We have been on several Disney cruises, dh drank his own beer in "public areas" never realizing it was against the rules. Now, we know.

I have never had a problem bringing beer to the pool. But I am not stupid about it. I usually pour it into an insulated bubba cup. Last cruise my brother in law and I poured glasses of beer and them walked around the ship with them and even walked into the MDR and Palo with them. No one ever asked us or stopped us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter