Beer on the Fantasy

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by thdarragh, Feb 4, 2014.

1. thdarragh

thdarragh Mouseketeer

I was wondering about this and maybe you are also. Here is a link to what beer is on the Fantasy and where to find it. If this has already been posted, my apologies

http://www.hoperatives.com/?page_id=4668

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. jplum13

jplum13 Earning My Ears

Nice find. Thanks.

4. cruizincathi

cruizincathi Mouseketeer

Any idea what they serve in the concierge lounge? If there is Guiness, my husband will never leave. :rotfl:

5. DisneYE

DisneYE Mouseketeer

wow what an awesome link...thanks for sharing it!
    love me some Peroni beer...

6. wiigirl

wiigirl DIS Veteran

:thumbsup2

7. Zeppelin

Zeppelin DIS Veteran

my hero!!!

still think their tap choices are mediocre....

8. RhodyChief

RhodyChief Earning My Ears

Did anyone else infer they where bringing their own beer to the pool? While I'd love for this to be the case it's technically not allowed, correct? (Although I'm sure it really just comes down to whether a CM would call you out on it)

9. ocspartan

ocspartan DIS Veteran

You're right, but they made it pretty clear that's what they were doing... that's a no-no on DCL, but they were also wrong in the amount of beer you can bring on board by limiting it to the cooler bag only, technically if you wanted you could have multiple roller carryon bags in your party all full of beer, wine, soda, etc...

10. mtchurchmonica

mtchurchmonica Poster formerly known as yazee1

Correct: You shouldn't be bringing your own beer to the pool. Here's the policy as outlined by DCL.

While adult Guests ages 21 and older may bring alcohol onboard, the following guidelines apply:

Alcohol brought on board may not be consumed in any lounge or public area.[
    /B]

That being said, an interesting question to ask on this forum would be, Has anyone ever had a CM confront them about the beer they were drinking? I might just post it. I expect hardly, if anyone, will say he or she has been admonished for drinking his or her own beer.

11. ocspartan

ocspartan DIS Veteran

You are allowed to bring it onboard but you are to consume it in your stateroom, do people bring it to public areas.... probably.... would disney reconsider the policy if they noticed everyone with a cooler bag at the pool and a drop in sales that hurt the bottom line, probably...

Another reason beyond $, is that it limits the ability for bartenders to cut off those that appear to intoxicated.

Heres the official policy

While adult Guests ages 21 and older may bring alcohol onboard, the following guidelines apply:

Alcohol brought on board may not be consumed in any lounge or public area.
    Guests who arrive in the dining room with a bottle of champagne or wine that has been brought on board will be charged a corking fee of $20.00 per bottle.
    Beverages must be packed in your carry-on bag—which must not exceed 22 inches wide, 14 inches high and 9 inches deep in dimension
    Coolers filled with personal items (e.g. soda, alcohol, chips, candy, etc.) may not be brought on board.

12. mtchurchmonica

mtchurchmonica Poster formerly known as yazee1

Ocspartan, I should have checked the policy before I posted. Right after I posted my first reply, I rechecked and edited my reply. We have been on several Disney cruises, dh drank his own beer in "public areas" never realizing it was against the rules. Now, we know.

13. hamilton23

hamilton23 Earning My Ears

I have never had a problem bringing beer to the pool. But I am not stupid about it. I usually pour it into an insulated bubba cup. Last cruise my brother in law and I poured glasses of beer and them walked around the ship with them and even walked into the MDR and Palo with them. No one ever asked us or stopped us.

14. mikerobrewer

mikerobrewer Disneymaniac

Below mediocre I would say.