Been There, Done That, Going Back Day 10-Epcot

darthtatty

Been There, Done That, Going Back!
Day 10
Saturday 23rd May 2009 Epcot

Had a bit of a lie in today, didn’t get up until after 8am.
Had breakfast at the Contempo Café.
We had planned to go to DHS and then walk to Epcot, stopping at Beaches & Cream along the way. As we had such a great day at DHS yesterday and done everything there except Fantasmic (this was planned for another day during the week) we decided to just go to Epcot.
We started by doing Spaceship earth and then did the always-brilliant Test Track- Matt and Luke said it wasn’t any different to me driving. Cheeky boys!
On our last holiday we looked around World Showcase anti-clockwise, think we got bored by a lot of the shows half way round and just walked through each world. It wasn’t until I found DIS that I realised how much we’d missed. So we decided to do it clockwise today and take our time looking at each country. Looking in all the shops and basically just looking around.
Mexico-Did the boat ride
Norway-Boat ride.
Also tried the school bread, another DIS tip. This was very yummy!
1533.jpg

China-watched the 360 film
Germany-
Italy-
America- saw a lot of this last time so skipped it.
Japan-
France-watched a short film, tried to look in their bakery but it was small and very crowded so we didn’t bother

We then left Epcot via the international gateway, until DIS I never knew it existed
1608.jpg

We walked the short walk to Beaches & Cream. Since showing Matt the video of how they made the ‘Kitchen Sink’ we all decided we had to try it.
We had to wait about 40 mins for a table but it gave us time to sit and look around the Epcot resorts area. This holiday I was working out a lot more where everything was and how close other resorts were to Epcot and DHS.
B&C was a cute little place, a lot smaller than I imagined but it was well designed.

1583.jpg

1596.jpg

Now before we came today id warned Matt how big the portions were and suggested we share a meal, especially if he wanted the Kitchen Sink but today he said he was really hungry so we got a meal each.
Luke - hotdog
1599.jpg

Matt – Maple and pecan milkshake, Burger
1595.jpg

1600.jpg

Nicky- cola float (been wanting to try one all holiday) Burger.
1594.jpg

1598.jpg

We then went for it and ordered the kitchen sink, little did we know when they brought it out they had lights and alarms that flashed and they announced it to the whole restaurant. I bet we all went very red.

1605.jpg

1604.jpg

Now I’m not really a pudding fan. Matt has eaten some big desserts before but I don’t think any quite this big! I’ve got to say we failed miserably at this, think we only ate about half. What we did eat was very nice but very sweet for me.
I think with hindsight it would have been ok if we’d shared a meal and not got milkshake type drinks.

We headed back to Epcot and finished off the world showcase
England
Canada-saw a 360 film

Now although it had been very hot and sunny all day it started to really tip down with rain. So instead of doing more things until Illuminations-which was about 2hours away. We did what most people did and exit the park. Went back to our hotel for an early night……….

Only on a Disney holiday is getting up at 8am considered a lie in!! :lmao: Great day, shame about the weather though :goodvibes

Another great day Nicky. That Kitchen Sink looks amazing, I'd love to try one, but my lot aren't big ice-cream fans ~ nevermind ;)

I look forward to your next installment :)

Only on a Disney holiday is getting up at 8am considered a lie in!! :lmao: Great day, shame about the weather though :goodvibes

i know, well after a lot of mornings getting up at 6am and a couple at 5am. 8am was def a lie in :rotfl:

Another great day Nicky. That Kitchen Sink looks amazing, I'd love to try one, but my lot aren't big ice-cream fans ~ nevermind ;)

I look forward to your next installment :)

yeah Luke and i arent big ice cream fans, there a lot of cake in it though. We probably wouldnt get it again but would probably go there and try a few of the other sundaes. :thumbsup2

Thanks Nicky, I enjoyed reading all about your day. Can anyone go out through the International Gateway or do you have to be staying onsite at Disney?

Kitchen Sink looks enormous! We visited the Boardwalk for the first time in Feb and had a walkabout. Loved the place. Unfortunately Beaches and Cream wasn't open until 5pm and we were there in the morning for part of our chill out day.... rest was shopping of course.

Another great report. :)

what a fab day and well done for taking on the THE KITCHEN SINK!!!! love the piccies. it looks like you are all having a great holiday :hug:

Sounded like a more relaxing kinda day,well done for trying the kitchen sink-Hubby wants to try that.I could eat one of those burgers right now-they look really scrummy.x.

I never knew about the kitchen sink before & would love to give that a go :goodvibes

:lmao: when i saw what you had ordered as mains i knew you wouldn't finish the kitchen sink.

Great day.

I don't think we could eat the kitchen sink either....we shared a banana split in December & didn't even finish that. :lmao:

A great day. We have done the Kitchen Sink, and probably will again. We must try some of the other stuff too though as I am sure we are missing out.
Some great pics as well. Loved the one from Germany showing the Ockoberfest as this is our favourite place to eat when at Epcot.

Wow Nicky, I don't think we could even manage the kitchen sink on its own let alone with mains first. Well done for trying though ;)

Another great day, well done for trying to tackle the Kitchen Sink:thumbsup2

Love the report!! What were the two 360 films like?? I didn't get to do either last week!!!

>Pete.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter