• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Been off the DIS for a while. What have I missed?

The monorail will be down during a large portion of the spring/summer for daytime maintenance...

Can someone clue me in if I am correct or not?? Thanks....

I think that remains to be seen. That is the question of the day, or well, the month maybe? As of now staying on site gets you 3 FP+ that you can schedule ahead of time. Off site guests will most likely be getting three a day as well but I don't know if it's confirmed yet whether or not you can pre schedule them.

It's also still a mystery as to whether or not staying on site will get you extra FPs. That remains to be seen.

Oh and anything posted today probably has an 80% chance of being different tomorrow.

What is the one thing you learned on the DIS in in 2013 that I should know?

I learned from a lot of super intellectual Disney fans on here that MB/FP+ is horrible, broken, and the beginning of the end of mankind. Oh, and they don't understand the definition of "beta"

I'm with you OP, I hadn't been on here in nearly a year. When I came back a couple weeks ago, my head nearly exploded.

Thanks for the updates! I was there last summer and experienced FP+ soft openings. Not being involved in those, as a regular FP tour, it was horrible.

I didn't know about the monorail closure. Yikes :scared:

And I'm not sure I understand "the rule" yet.

And not mentioned here, but did I read you can buy ornaments to customize your band? Is this just another ploy to get my money??? ;)

As an infrequent WDWinfo follower, here is a question: With the changes to FP, is it a fair statement to say that Disney will be rewarding people who stay on site? Do you get FP perks if you stay onsite? Of every 5 trips to WDW, I may stay in a WDW resort one time...so by doing that, am I losing something that I would have received or benefited from before these recent changes????:offtopic:

Right now? Maybe. Once FP+ roll out is complete? Maybe not.

The perk to staying onsite right now is that FP+ is in its testing phase, and it is easiest for Disney to do that with their own resort guests. Disney resort guests get magic bands that manage their whole vacation experience, FP included. Disney guests are currently able to make most of their FP+ selections 60 days out (with the exception of certain dining and entertainment experiences.) Offsite guests can make same day FP+ reservations when they arrive at any park that isn't currently offering legacy FP (the paper tickets you pull from the machine.)

Disney has been fairly hush about the future of FP+ so it's hard to say exactly what the future has in store. I imagine that Disney will try to offer FP+ as fairly as they did legacy FP in regards to onsite/offsite. I don't know how they will do this, and they haven't really said.

In summary, whether or not you're "losing something" is sort of up to your and how you look at it. Are you missing the chance to pick early? Sure. Does that bother you? That's the question to ask.

To bring this back to the OP's point, FP+ and magic bands have been huge, ongoing changes to Disney. Disney seems to be flying by the seat of their pants with this new technology so once you catch up, keep up!

Thanks for the updates! I was there last summer and experienced FP+ soft openings. Not being involved in those, as a regular FP tour, it was horrible.

I didn't know about the monorail closure. Yikes :scared:

And I'm not sure I understand "the rule" yet.

And not mentioned here, but did I read you can buy ornaments to customize your band? Is this just another ploy to get my money??? ;)

Yes, they make little trinkets to clip into empty holes (like those Croc charms.) They're really cute but I've heard a couple people say they fall off easy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter