Bed question

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by kdeans1010, Jan 14, 2013.

1. kdeans1010

kdeans1010 DIS Veteran

I booked a family room with verandah. Dumb/silly question:
    Can I get a room with 2 full beds or do I get a queen and 2 twins?

(Asking because I sleep on a queen- alone. I am taking my mom, who sleeps in a queen- with 3 dogs and my dad. Neither of us want a twin bed. And we don't want to share. I hit/sucker punch people in my sleep... So the idea of us sleeping in the queen isn't appealing.)

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. PrincessShmoo

PrincessShmoo DIS Veteran

The bed arrangement on the Dream & Fantasy is 1 queen bed, one sofa bed, a pull down upper berth, and (in some) a murphy bed. Except for the queen bed, all the other beds are twin beds.

:cutie:

4. Meghatron

Meghatron DIS Veteran

Which ship did you book?

Magic/Wonder all rooms have a queen bed that can split into twins.

Dream/Fantasy all rooms have a queen bed.

The additional guests sleep in a combination of sofa bed, pull-down bunk, and Murphy bed.

5. PrincessShmoo

I figured it was the Fantasy, since her ticker says Eastern Caribbean on it.

6. kdeans1010

kdeans1010 DIS Veteran

Fantasy. I booked once and loved it so much I thought my mom had to go for the second cruise. I just am kinda' bummed because I am a mover in bed and so is she.... I do wonder if I can get the top bunk though. I mean if it's going to be there... I may weigh too much.

7. kcashner

kcashner DIS Veteran

If there are 2 of you, logically one of you will sleep in the queen bed and one in the sofa bed.

8. PrincessShmoo

I think the weight limit is 200, could be 220 lbs.

9. kcashner

kcashner DIS Veteran

On the Magic, it is 220. And I won't climb the ladder.

10. Meghatron

Meghatron DIS Veteran

No signatures show up in the DISboards app, so I couldn't see the ticker.

11. TLSnell1981

TLSnell1981 Tiny bubbles... make me happy... make me feel fine

I misread the title of this thread. I thought, it said "bad" question. Oops! :rotfl:

12. HermanTriplets+1

HermanTriplets+1 DIS Veteran

If your mom is used to a Queen bed with a husband and 3 dogs :eek: then probably sleeping alone on the sofa bed wouldn't be so bad! Then you can have the Queen and no one needs to have the upper bunk. Am I understanding right that it's just the 2 of you in the room? I'd LOVE to cruise with just my Mom:hug:! Have a great time!:goodvibes

13. kdeans1010

kdeans1010 DIS Veteran

Yep, it's just my mom and I. I don't have kids. I took my dad last year (after I graduated nursing school and he pushed me through.) and we had a lot of fun together (he loved doing the FE). So I thought since Mom watched my kid/Tucker, my golden retriever (who apparently cried the entire time I was gone), I'd take her. The difference is Dad is very "I can sleep anywhere!" and go with the flow. My mom is "I need a queen bed to sleep. You can't expect your mother to sleep in a twin bed."

I am getting kinda' nervous because the two of us have very different sleep patterns (I am a NOC shifter and on my days off I fall asleep around 6pm, wake up at 3-4am. She goes to bed at midnight and wakes up at 9 or 10am.). I am totally psyched for this vacation, the only thing kinda' stressing me out is the sleep stuff because we both have weird sleeping ticks (I posted a thread about Nyquil earlier as well).

14. KurlyStarr

KurlyStarr Earning My Ears

You'd be surprised at how your usual routines (sleeping, eating) kind of change on a cruise. LOL

Don't worry... and have fun! :-)