Bec & Chris' Big Trip! Completed!!

Chickyann - no way! I lived in Gunnedah for about 10 years or so. Small World...

To everyone else, sorry I'm taking so long to finish this! I'm just getting so confused, and I'm making it worse for myself by not getting on and finishing it sooner!

I'll try and post an update after work this arvo...

it is a small world huh!? :)

I grew up there, my Mum & Dad are still there, in fact Mum's lived there all her life.

Hi Bec,

I've just read your TR to date, and I'm LOVING it :) (I think in part because it's helping me get so excited for our own trip :goodvibes )

Can I ask, what sort of camera you used ? They are some great photos. I have a very good digital SLR, but don't want to lug that to DL every day, so will be in the market for something like a Sony Cybershot.
Another question - is it just the DISers who take photos of food on display ? Does one get stared at for doing things like that ? LOL ! Not that it's going to worry me, am just interested....

Ohhhh, so excited ! Thanks for sharing. Keep it coming :thumbsup2

:woohoo:

Cheers,
Sally (who will start a TR probably tomorrow, with plans in the lead-up)

emum - it's just a Kodak Easyshare, but it does take some lovely photos.

I'm just putting the next post together now!

Next we must have gotten on the Mark Twain. I seem to remember this being more eventful... We must have watched some sort of shoot-em-up show from the boat last time around, but there wasn’t any of that this time. Maybe I’m imagining things.

101_1907.jpg

Next we must have wandered around Fantasyland...

101_1930.jpg

101_1929.jpg

We may have ridden something in Fantasyland... We rode snow white at some stage... I’m not sure if it was today...

Then we headed into Toon town again. Lots more photo ops.
101_1934.jpg

101_1935.jpg

101_1939.jpg

101_1941.jpg

101_1949.jpg

101_1955.jpg

We rode Roger Rabbit, and Gadgets Go Coaster, and wandered around the shop that’s there.

Then by the looks of our photos, we must have headed out... After first taking a photo of Main Street getting ready for the parade.

101_1967.jpg

And then, because DCA was already shut – stupid early closings... We played around with the letters again. We started with our initials.

101_1982.jpg

101_1973.jpg

And then we played with the O and the A, because they’re more fun than our initials...

101_1983.jpg

101_1979.jpg

101_1972.jpg

We headed back to the hotel, and then went out and got Chinese food to eat while watching the Disney channel.
Then we must have fallen asleep...

Hi Bec

We're really enjoying your TR. We really appreciate the photos.

I can't believe the number of strollers as seen in the Sword In The Stone Photo. Wow. And DH had a good chuckle at Chris's T-shirt!

Hi, I see in your pictures from Fantasyland they were haveing a big stroller meet that day you were there....lol J/K ...My friends and I are planning a trip to DL this Oct.... Im getting so excited and enjoying your Trip

Tuesday 4th of March – Yay! I can wear contacts again!

We got up this morning, and I was finally able to wear my contacts again, without the possibility of them getting infected again! A little too much info, but hey, I was excited!

Today was early entry day! So we got there before opening, but unfortunately, not early enough...
101_1987.jpg

We decided that we’d try for Finding Nemo today... By now, I’d sort of explained many things Disney to Chris, so he understood about what the lines would be like, and that we needed to do a quick walk to get there. He didn’t quite get the long lines for everything in Fantasyland though, which would probably be a better way of spending our early entry time. But that’s ok. We lined up for Nemo.

101_1989.jpg

When we got there the sign only said 15 minutes... But by the time where we were in the line had looped back to where that sign was, it had changed to 60 minutes... It took us the early entry hour to do the line and ride Nemo. That’s ok though, we can now say “I’ve ridden Finding Nemo at Disneyland” which is something a lot of people can’t say.

101_1999.jpg

Yeah, it’s a cute ride, but like many people have said, not worth the wait...

101_2001.jpg

After Nemo we rode Buzz Lightyear. I really enjoyed this ride! It’s become one of my favourites! I think it’s because I’m so competitive. Chris managed to beat me every time. Damn him!

101_2009.jpg

This picture was from a later time in the trip, but it had my best score on it... For some reason though the score didn’t come up on the picture... Damn that too!!

buzzlightyear3.jpg

Next we rode Space Mountain. This was another ride that Chris was a little scared of. He didn’t like the idea of not knowing what was coming next. So the nerves set in, and he was cursing me because he’s already told me that he didn’t trust me when it comes to rides anymore. But he wanted to ride it, so we were in line. This is a great ride too! I didn’t get to ride it last time I was here, because it was getting refurbished or something. So it was good to see what all the hype was about. I would have liked to have ridden it with the rock music. I think that would have been good. Anyway, Chris loved it too, his trust was restored.

When we headed outside the Jedi Training Academy had started. I wasn’t particularly interested in seeing this show, but it was on, so I ducked in to take some quick snaps.

101_2013.jpg

I agree with all of the people who have commented on how massive this guy is! He’s so tall!

We headed back out to Fantasyland, I wanted to get a photo of Snow White’s fountain. We were heading in that direction when some fella, who was about 50m away from us started calling out to a group of people who were walking towards us about turning down the pathway that lead to the Arial fountain. We just figured that he was talking to that group of people, but we looked in the direction he was pointing anyway, and what do we see?!?! The Dream Squad!!! More Dream Fast passes!!!

Yay! We called out to a few more people who were just walking straight by, so they could get fast passes too. Then we headed over to get the photos that I wanted.

101_2016.jpg

101_2015.jpg

Then this little fella caught my eye, and I had to get a photo of him too.

101_2021.jpg

By now it was about 11am, and I wanted to get a water side table for our meal at the Blue Bayou, which was at 11:40, so we headed over there anyway. We had a quick look around the glass shop that was across from it, and then checked in and hung around the lobby.

We got that waterside table that I wanted. And of course I ordered the Monte Christo, with the Gumbo side.

101_2026.jpg

Now the gumbo was probably enough to fill me, but hey, I wanted a Monte Christo... Of course, I only ate 1 quarter, and a couple of bites of another one, and that was it, I was done. But it was sooo good!!! But confusing... It was a confusing meal. Savoury, yet sweet.

Joining your trip report a little late. I thought I had posted before about your yummy looking Pooh Corner photos, but apparently not. Did you enjoy your time at Blue Bayou? We thought it was overrated, but I'm wondering if we should give it a second try?

Great trip report. I haven't been there for 10 years myself so I'm really appreciating your point of view. Your guy is adorable ;)

Joining your trip report a little late. I thought I had posted before about your yummy looking Pooh Corner photos, but apparently not. Did you enjoy your time at Blue Bayou? We thought it was overrated, but I'm wondering if we should give it a second try?

I liked it, mainly for the atmosphere though. If it wasn't on the water like that I wouldn't bother going again, and I would have probably been a bit disappointed...

Great trip report. I haven't been there for 10 years myself so I'm really appreciating your point of view. Your guy is adorable ;)

Thanks, yeah I think I'll keep him...

Next post is coming up shortly!

Next we must have watched the Enchanted Tikis. This is cute. It has a very catchy song. Probably worth only one watch a trip for me...

101_2049.jpg

101_2050.jpg

101_2053.jpg

101_2057.jpg

Then we went on IJ. The line was pretty quick, it was great to see this ride in detail, as opposed to slightly fuzzy! I still missed the skeleton with the Mickey ears though! 

101_2070.jpg

101_2077.jpg

101_2078.jpg

Next we did a quick run up Tarzan’s Tree house. This was cool. Notice how I say everything is either cool or cute? I don’t have much variety to I? Nice views from up there!

101_2093.jpg

We then rode POC again. Another thing that was good to actually see. I think we must have ridden Splash Mountain here, possibly even HM as well... Then I got my photo in this area. It’s such a pretty spot!

101_2136.jpg

We headed over to Tomorrow land and rode Space Mountain again. Then we decided to have a look in Innoventions. I wasn’t too impressed with the computer stuff that was about, but I was delighted with the fact that you could test drive a Segway!! I’m really happy that I did this, because it was great fun! Chris didn’t do it, and I spent the rest of the day telling him how much he would have loved it. I had even forgotten about the fact that you could do a Segway tour of DCA! I wish I remembered that when it mattered!

101_2145.jpg

Chris wasn’t feeling well so I said that we could go back to the hotel to rest for a bit. Secretly thinking “I’ll put him to bed, and then come back!” Unfortunately he can read me like a book, and told me no, I had to stay! The Nerve!! Despite the fact that I’d been sick for weeks, and hadn’t put a dampener on our trip at all, or stopped Chris from doing anything, Chris had a sniffle, so we both had to sit at the hotel and do nothing...

So from now on when Chris complains that I don’t love him, I simply remind him about this day, when I sat with him... In a hotel... Across the road from Disneyland...

No idea what we had for dinner...

We got that waterside table that I wanted. And of course I ordered the Monte Christo, with the Gumbo side.

101_2026.jpg

Now the gumbo was probably enough to fill me, but hey, I wanted a Monte Christo... Of course, I only ate 1 quarter, and a couple of bites of another one, and that was it, I was done. But it was sooo good!!!

Those Monte Cristo's are SO GOOD!

Next we must have watched the Enchanted Tikis. This is cute. It has a very catchy song. Probably worth only one watch a trip for me...

101_2050.jpg

Oh, the Tiki Room. It's a rite of passage, really. Or so some say. I'm not convinced. I'm good doing the Tiki Room once in a lifetime, maybe.

Oh, the Tiki Room. It's a rite of passage, really. Or so some say. I'm not convinced. I'm good doing the Tiki Room once in a lifetime, maybe.

Yeah, it's probably great for kids, but for me it's better for getting out of the heat or crowds, but if I wanted to do that I'd probably see a 3D show instead...

Enjoying your TR!

The Tiki Room is a nostalgia thing for us - that, and it's good to get out of the crowds and heat for a short sit!

Great pictures in Toontown.
Didn't know about the Segways in Innoventions. That's cool. :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter