• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Beauty and the Beast Dooney & Bourke Bag Release Date IS TODAY!

I would really like this in a slouch backpack. Disney could make a sale or three from me if they would release these cute bags as a slouch backpack.

I really want the Beauty and the Beast letter carrier.

Side note: Has anyone found any new information on the release date for the other bags? I looked and looked and cannot find anything. I also have not yet seen the bags that were released on the 23rd on the app yet. We leave on Sunday for Disneyland and my hopes are pretty much dashed that I'll be able to get the bag while I'm there.

I really want the Beauty and the Beast letter carrier.

Side note: Has anyone found any new information on the release date for the other bags? I looked and looked and cannot find anything. I also have not yet seen the bags that were released on the 23rd on the app yet. We leave on Sunday for Disneyland and my hopes are pretty much dashed that I'll be able to get the bag while I'm there.
i've been watching the app but nothing yet. while you are there i would still watch the app because i think you can purchase and just pick it up at disney, but it would keep you from having to chase it down physically. of course, the downside to that is that you wouldn't be able to select pattern placement. still, i think i'd purchase it that way and you could exchange it if you happen to stumble upon a better placement while you are there. best of luck and have a great time : )

I just ordered the pouchette. They're up on the disney store site, too. But I got my AP discount using the app. Of course, now I'm paranoid that there will be a glitch and I won't end up getting it (app didn't correctly determine how many they had left in stock).

I just ordered the pouchette. They're up on the disney store site, too. But I got my AP discount using the app. Of course, now I'm paranoid that there will be a glitch and I won't end up getting it (app didn't correctly determine how many they had left in stock).
If you don't mind, how do you get an AP discount on the app?

Just wanted to let everyone know that the BATB bags went live this morning on the shop Disney parks app!! It is the only place they can be purchased for now (no Disney store.com or on Disney property)

Just wanted to let everyone know that the BATB bags went live this morning on the shop Disney parks app!! It is the only place they can be purchased for now (no Disney store.com or on Disney property)

You beat me to it! Lol! I was also going to let people know that there is a sale on the app that ends today where you can get your shipping for free. Plus there might be a glitch or something, but I was able to get the discount they are offering on the app on the letter carrier. I added the other versions into my cart, but only the letter carrier qualified for the discount. Just a heads up!

You beat me to it! Lol! I was also going to let people know that there is a sale on the app that ends today where you can get your shipping for free. Plus there might be a glitch or something, but I was able to get the discount they are offering on the app on the letter carrier. I added the other versions into my cart, but only the letter carrier qualified for the discount. Just a heads up!

You're totally right!! It didn't occur to me that the discount was lower than it should have been! I have my annual pass connected to my shopping account on the app so I assumed my discount was that! But looking back on it, I bought the letter carrier and the small clutch sized purse and my total was only 222.00! Free shipping too! Haha I feel like I basically got the smaller purse for free with that price! Retail should have been closer to 300.00

Oh man can't decide on ordering a BATB or waiting for the 45th anniversary one to come out. Maybe I'll just go win the lottery so I can have them all!

My problem with this is that I can't choose my bag. The Dooney and Bourke's are all different, just like Vera Bradley. No two items are alike. I love going to the stores and analyzing EVERY bag and get the one that I feel has the best balance. By doing it the way they're doing it, I can't pick out my bag and that's part of the allure for me.

Last edited:
My problem with this is that I can't choose my bag. The Dooney and Bourke's are all different, just like Vera Bradley. No two items are alike. I love going to the stores and analyzing EVERY bad and get the one that I feel has the best balance. By doing it the way they're doing it, I can't pick out my bag and that's part of the allure for me.
That right there is why I won't be getting one. I MUST be able to pick placement. And I can't afford to buy a bunch and pick the best of the lot, just to pay to send the rest back.

That right there is why I won't be getting one. I MUST be able to pick placement. And I can't afford to buy a bunch and pick the best of the lot, just to pay to send the rest back.

Yeah, it really ruined this for me. I went online to just see if it mattered that much to me, but when it came time to pay I couldn't hit the checkout button because I couldn't live with the "what if I don't like the one I get? What if there is one that has slightly better placement?"

I don't get why these would only be sold online. I mean, I thought picking them out was part of the draw.:confused3 I could understand if they sold these online AND in the store, but just online seems a bit awful to me.

well i went ahead and took a chance ordering. fingers crossed for good placement : ) at least it beats resorting to buying from sellers who mark up the prices, and we get the ap discount and free shipping. best of luck on placement to any who order : )

Yeah, it really ruined this for me. I went online to just see if it mattered that much to me, but when it came time to pay I couldn't hit the checkout button because I couldn't live with the "what if I don't like the one I get? What if there is one that has slightly better placement?"

I don't get why these would only be sold online. I mean, I thought picking them out was part of the draw.:confused3 I could understand if they sold these online AND in the store, but just online seems a bit awful to me.
Pretty much same here. I want the Dumbo one coming out, but same thing I believe. Online only. What's the point of that? Why not do both, like you said. Disney just makes me shake my head sometimes...

well i went ahead and took a chance ordering. fingers crossed for good placement : ) at least it beats resorting to buying from sellers who mark up the prices, and we get the ap discount and free shipping. best of luck on placement to any who order : )
I'm part of a FB group that has personal shoppers, and I'm willing to pay a little more for them to make sure I get excellent placement. If it means the difference between me loving my purse and only liking it, I'll pay. For the prices they charge, I'd better love it, otherwise what's the point?

I'm part of a FB group that has personal shoppers, and I'm willing to pay a little more for them to make sure I get excellent placement. If it means the difference between me loving my purse and only liking it, I'll pay. For the prices they charge, I'd better love it, otherwise what's the point?
sounds like a great alternative. so far i have been really really lucky with pattern placement ordered online, but guess i'll have to wait and see : )

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter