Beaches & Cream

disneymom727

DIS Veteran
I just finished making ADR's for our trip in Oct. The only place I could not get a ressie for was Beaches & Cream, evidently they don't take them for this restaurant. My question is, how popular is this place? We've heard wonderful things about it and really want to try but can't wait 2 hours with 2 kids for a table. Is it really all that great too? Just wondering others opinions. Thanks!

Warning - you are definitely going to get a range of opinions on this one!

Most of the (IMHO over) hype about B+C revolves around the "Kitchen Sink," a mass of supermarket grade ice cream covered with candy/syrup etc. Some think this is a gastronomic high whereas others (including yours truly) think its gooey, sloppy appeal really resides in a "more is better," excess-obsessed mindset.

Whatever, the rest of the menu is relatively standard malt shop fare, which is O.K but no better than what is at most CS spots in WDW. And because of the small size of the establishment (an element common to other over-hyped, really-tough-to-get-into spots in WDW like LeCellier) long waits here are generally common unless you go during off seasons (which October at the Epcot-area resorts is not) or at odd hours (read: non-prime times).

And now that I've given my 10 cents, get ready for some "it''s-a-don't-miss- to-die-for" posts. Again, all opinions here are subjective!

I agree with CandyMandy that you'll get a range of opinions on this place...and I think that's true of virtually all dining at WDW! I agree that the Kitchen Sink is dis-gus-ting ;) but it's a novelty item and I understand its appeal to a group. I wouldn't say that B&C is on par with counter service restaurants, though! There is no CS burger as good at B&C!

If you don't want to encounter a long wait, my advice is to go between 2pm and 4pm. We stay at BC quite a bit and never find it crowded during this time unless there's been an afternoon thunderstorm that has lasted a while - that drives people out of the pools and suddenly they decide eating is a good idea. ;)

It's a cute little place, hence why there's a long wait. I've eaten there plenty of times. I love the burgers and grilled cheese.

I usually like to go eat in there to take a break from SAB & the hot Florida sun. If I'm not staying at YC or BC, I usually stop by there for lunch while at EPCOT.

It is a very very very very small place( just a few tables and counter seating).Waits at traditional mealtimes can get to be over an hour depending on party size.I also think it happens to be just average. The ice cream is good, but it is only Edys icecream with some flair to it.The food is again average.If there are no waits, and you are in the area ,it is worth the look see.But I would NEVER make a trip out of my way for it.

The cheeseburgers and chicken burgers are superb, some of the best to found in WDW. Did I mention the onion rings? Lovely.

I've learned to lower my expectations from that of forum overhype of Disney restaurants (ex. Le'Cellier); by doing this I don't expect to have an almost "orgasmic" (can I use that word? LOL) experience as opinions would make you expect to experience at some places.

With that said, Beaches & Cream is a fun little place, but is one of those places that fails to live up to the forum hype as mentioned above. The burgers are decent but far from great, and I personally have found the ice-cream to be your typical ice-cream parlor quality place. This don't make it bad, but it certainly is not the taj mahal of ice cream either.

I would certainly attempt to put Beaches & Cream on your itinerary, but know what it is in advance, a fun place that is good but not great. As others have stated, it can be very busy. I would also suggest going during non peak hours such as 2-4.

I am also a huge fan of this place. Their burgers and onion rings are fantastic!!! However, there is a wait for a table (especially if you want a booth, which we had to wait close to an hour for). We didn't mind because we loved the food and as a group of older kids (youngest being 17 lol) we were able to sit and have some drinks from hurricane hannahs while we waited.

You can read a full write up with lots of pictures of our last visit to B&C in my dining review linked in my signature.

It is good and fun, but not amazing. Not the best burger in WDW, but better than most CS burgers. We found the burgers at Sci-Fi to be better, for example.

We did not get a Kitchen Sink - think about it: multiple people all dipping their used spoons into the same vat of ice cream that is all melting and blending together into a mixed-flavor soup of sugary milk? No thanks. Close family only, and even then it gets nasty fast.

The individual sundaes are quite tasty, but huge - much bigger than any human needs to eat in one sitting - they are horribly unhealthy (dangerously so). A fun place to attempt to get into once, maybe, but expect it to be what it is and not the most amazing little malt shop ever.

I seem to remember that Beaches and Creme used to be a larger place.
I swear it used to be 2 rooms of tables, and now it is only one room.

Am I correct on this?

We will eat there if we are staying at BC/YC and there is no line. We don't think it's worth the travel or the wait.

Am I correct on this?

Not sure..I remember Ariels that used to be a TS restaurant at the BC, but that is now used for special events only

I love B&C but I wouldn't wait two hours to get a seat there. We've been three times and the most we've had to wait was 10 minutes. It all depends on timing and luck. The last time we ate there we were seated immediately. While we were waiting for our food I mentioned to our waitress that I was surprised that they weren't that busy, she looked at me odd and said there was a 45 minute wait. I turned around and looked out the door and there was a ton (yes I'm exaggerating) of people out there. So if we had arrived just 15 minutes later, we would've been in the same boat. It's best to eat at more off times, like a very late lunch or early dinner.

I think the food is good but not exceptional. A burger or chicken sandwich can only be so good. The desserts are great and I like the feel on the place.

We love B and C. We feel like the burgers are better there than any other restaurant at the World. And the amount of food seems like is larger than other CS restaurants. Last year the kids and I were setting around on a Sat AM and were thinking what we could do to suprise the wife for her Bday. As a joke I said we could take her to her favorite restaurant for dinner. They said that they did not want to go to Outback, I said no how about B and C. They loved the idea. They were packed in about ten minutes. So I got a hotel room for the night and loaded up the wife and kids for the six hour trip. The kids were so excited that they could not wait to tell her. About half way down they could not keep it in any longer and told her. That was a fun trip even without going to the parks.

The only down side about B and C is that it is small and you can wait over an hour. But what better place to wait than poolside at SAB.

The other thing I'll add about B&C is that you can get a grilled cheese sandwich there, something that has been traditionally harder to come by in many 1TS credit restaurants IME.

We went last month during Spring Break (UG crowd levels of a 10) and truly enjoyed it. We were there when they opened at 11:00 and there wasn't a wait when we left which was around 11:45 or so.

Am I correct on this?

I don't think so. I stayed there the year the Beach Club opened and I remember it being exactly the same. Maybe I'm remembering wrong?

Ate there tonight. At the Beach Club Villas and we go because our kids love it. Good burgers and sandwiches and well-done sundaes. We waited an hour tonight, but figured anywhere else would have been a long wait too because it was dinnertime. It is a fun place, great atmosphere.

It's a fun place. Neat atmosphere and good (not great) burgers and ice cream creations.

Waits can be long at prime times due to the limited seating. There is an arcade next door if that helps with the wait. Or go during off times.

Am I correct on this?

I don't think so. I stayed there the year the Beach Club opened and I remember it being exactly the same. Maybe I'm remembering wrong?

I want to say they were the same since my first visit to Beaches and Cream in 1996, but for some reason I could have sworn there was remodeling involving the arcade vs. B&C space.

At any rate, this place is similar in scope to Johnny Rockets, but I think Johnny Rockets is better quality at this point in time. I'd rather grab a burger at The Fountain at the Dolphin. It's better than Beaches and Cream of today, IMHO. 5-10 years ago, I would have said Beaches and Cream for sure.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter