beach wedding

ShiraLee

Earning My Ears
I have been toying with the idea of having a beach wedding at WDW. Does anyone know guest max for a beach ceremony? I can't find it online.

Thanks!

For Wishes Collection events there kind of isn't one, unless you're talking about, like, 400 people or something. Now if you're thinking of the Memories Collection event at Luau Beach, that has a max of 6, including the bride and groom.

Well that stinks. I was thinking about an Escape wedding for about 50ish people.

Oh, wait - did you mean the guest minimum? You need a minimum of 20 people for a Wishes event, so your group of 50 would be no problem. Memories and Escape don't have minimums, just maximums. :thumbsup2

I have been reading these boards for years and just watching and learning. And I guess my issue is that I love Disney and love the beach and would LOVE to be able to combine both for my wedding. Does anyone know if that's possible? And if so does it have limitations?

Sorry I'm not always clear

Yes, there are several ways to have a beach wedding at Walt Disney World.

• Memories Collection ceremony at Luau Beach, between the Polynesian and the Grand Floridian. Max 6 people, including the bride and groom. More Memories Collection info here. Price: $2,495
  • Wishes Collection ceremony or reception at Shipwreck Beach at the Yacht & Beach Club. Wishes events are a la carte with a minimum amount you must spend on any wedding-day service provided by Disney (food, entertainment, venue fees, floral, etc.) of $10,000 in 2013.
  • The Swan & Dolphin resort is not Disney-owned, but it offers a beach ceremony location for weddings that might interest you.

You used to also be able to have an Escape Collection Disney's Fairy Tale Wedding event for 10 or fewer people at the Sunset Pointe beach location, but it sounds like that venue is not available at the moment, possibly due to the rumored Disney Vacation Club addition to the Polynesian resort.

Another idea would be to have your wedding at Disney's Vero Beach Resort or Disney's Aulani Resort & Spa in Hawaii, both of which have beach ceremony locations.

Hope this helps! :thumbsup2

ShiraLee,

I am having a beach wedding at the Swan and Dolphin this July I wanted the same thing as you and found myself with the same issues. The Swan may not fall in as a Disney owned Resort but "Disney" tells me it is on Disney property and not to expect anything less! I have spoke to many S&D brides and they have been very happy it may be an option you may want to look into and you can still have Mickey at your wedding!

mom914 said:
ShiraLee,

I am having a beach wedding at the Swan and Dolphin this July I wanted the same thing as you and found myself with the same issues. The Swan may not fall in as a Disney owned Resort but "Disney" tells me it is on Disney property and not to expect anything less! I have spoke to many S&D brides and they have been very happy it may be an option you may want to look into and you can still have Mickey at your wedding!

I think I'm going to look into that. Thanks for the advice

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter