beach themed snacks- any ideas?

lattemomof3

DIS Veteran
Ds8 brought a note home from school today, they are having a beach-themed party on Wed (yes, this Wed, wish the teacher had given us at least a couple of days' notice, she does this often:headache:). He is supposed to bring a beach-themed snack to share. Anyone have an idea for a budget-friendly, quick beach snack? TIA!:)

How about Swedish fish gummies? They come in different colors, not just the red. Goldfish crackers?

clear cups filled with vanilla pudding topped with graham cracker crumbs and a paper umbrella

fishbowl filled with blue jello with swedish fish

watermellon? The jello idea is great..and to make it easier and indiviual, get the smaller size clear plastic cups, (solo makes 9 oz that would be good) you can line them up on a cookie sheet to transport them to school with foil over the top. Don't forget the plastic spoons!
There is Global Brand who manusfactures ocean/fish themed gummy snacks, not sure if any of your local stores may carry them, to put in the jello or just serve as is.
I agree a little more notice would have been nice, but given the winter we have all had, a beach themed anything sounds fun :beach:

Salt water taffy. Not really budget, and maybe tough to find, but definitely beachy. I got some at Marshalls once.

Clear plastic cups filled with Berry Blue Jello, then inside place Swedish fish. You now have an ocean :goodvibes

When I think of beach snacks I remember PB&Js with sand on them. Hey I was little and didn't get all the sand off my fingers. Same thing with chips :rotfl2:.

Capri Suns

What about making smoothies (in small Dixie Cups) with an umbrella.

Pineapple

Watermelon

Tropical fruit kabobs are always beachy....

Also, celery sailboats- celery filled with cream cheese or peanut butter and a triangle shaped cracker on top for a sail. You could put them on a plate spread with blue tinted cream cheese so it looks like they are in the ocean.

One of the snacks DD had in kindergarten for "g" week was graham crackers with blue frosting, and then each one had three goldfish on it. They were like mini-oceans.

Sand cups are very cute

1 container (4 oz.) JELL-O Vanilla Pudding Snack
1 square HONEY MAID Honey Graham, crushed
3 TEDDY GRAHAMS Honey Graham Snacks
2 ring-shaped chewy fruit snacks
Make It

TOP pudding snack with graham crumbs for the sand.

DECORATE with graham snacks and fruit snacks.

GARNISH with a paper umbrella, if desired.

Cream cheese ritz crackers and goldfish crackers.

use blue food dye for the cream cheese, spread on crackers, place a few goldfish on top, looks like they are swimming in the ocean.

You could put pretzels in a sand pail and they can use the shovel for scooping out the snack

I like the idea of getting the bucket and shovel and putting the store-bought snacks (pretzels were suggested) in there for the kids to scoop out. As a classroom parent volunteer, this makes it way easier to make sure that kids with allergies can eat the snack vs. trying to figure out what went into a homemade snack. Plus, our local dollar tree store often has the buckets with shovels attached for $1.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter