Beach Club walk to epcot monorail.

jtheodore

Earning My Ears
How long of a walk is it from the Beach Club Villas to the Epcot monorail? Is there talk of contract extensions at BCV

From BCV to the back entrance of Epcot is about 5 min walk.From there maybe 10 walk to the front of Epcot where the monorail is located.

Well, you have to walk to the Gateway entrance, then walk thru a couple of countries, then thru Future World to the front exit. Not that terrible, but not what you would want to do each time you wanted to visit the MK.

I own at BCV, and we have heard nothing about an extension. I would think that BCV would be the last place they would want to offer one, too. They would much rather sell them all over again, I would think. :faint:

How long of a walk is it from the Beach Club Villas to the Epcot monorail? Is there talk of contract extensions at BCV

You have to enter Epcot and use park admission to get to the monorail.

The OKW extension was pretty much a flop, so I doubt they plan to do any other extensions right now. Why pay $15-25 a point now for years you may never get to use? The extended contracts at OKW that are for sale are not getting the equivalent increase as the owner paid for the extension.

Yeah 15 minutes would be about as fast as I could walk it. 20-22 minutes total might be a little bit more in line.

The "straight line" distance from the Epcot Monorail Station to the front entrance to BCV is 2,925 feet.

Many routes will be longer than 'straight line' measurements due to obstacles like buildings, water or other barriers. "Typical Path Distance", estimated by adding an additional 10% to the 'straight line' value; makes the distance approximately 3,217 feet.

Boardwalk Prof

It takes me about an hour or two to get there cause I just cant pass the Rose and Crown without having a few beers for some reason.

The "straight line" distance from the Epcot Monorail Station to the front entrance to BCV is 2,925 feet.

Many routes will be longer than 'straight line' measurements due to obstacles like buildings, water or other barriers. "Typical Path Distance", estimated by adding an additional 10% to the 'straight line' value; makes the distance approximately 3,217 feet.

Boardwalk Prof

plus the crowds of people who you would need to be avoiding - 30 minutes min wo/crowds

w/crowds - 40 to 45 minutes

the bus is much easier

Boardwalk Prof

I guess it would all depend on how fast one walks but since a mile is 5280 ft your estimate is a little over a half a mile. So 30-45 mins to walk a little more than a half mile seems a bit long to me. But again it all depends on how fast one walks.I will add that it takes 30 minutes to walk a mile at 2mph which is not very fast. So at a little over a half a mile we would be talking about 17-20 minutes.Studies have shown that the average walking speed of younger pedestrians is about 3.4 miles per hour and older pedestrians average about 2.8 miles per hour so even with crowds a walking speed of 2mph is very reasonable.

The OKW extension was pretty much a flop, so I doubt they plan to do any other extensions right now. Why pay $15-25 a point now for years you may never get to use?

I agree completely with this point. I don't see VWL, BCV or BWV getting extensions at any time.

When we were going to buy DVC we were deciding between AKV and VWL. AKV's contract goes out like another 15 years. But at the end of our thought process we just didn't put any weight on that. We'll be in our mid 60s when VWL expires in 2042. It's impossible to guess if we'd still want to be going to WDW at that point. If an extension to VWL was offered today I don't think we'd buy it. It's just way too early to pay cash up front for something you'll see no benefit to for another 30 years.

I think DVC will just let all the contracts expire, then massively renovate the structures of these early DVC resorts and then resell them as new DVC's. That seems to make the most sense all the way around.

We did this a few times from YC last year. Its a nice walk but if you're looking for a quick trip to MK, take the bus. In addition to the time it takes to walk through Epcot, the monorail stops at the TTC where you have to switch trains. The kids love the MR, its like another ride to them and I prefer it to the bus, but I bet it took us 45mins -1 hour each time to get from YC to MK via Epcot Monorail. Bus takes ~15 mins.

One thing I thought about but didn't try yet was to hit Epcot on a day with early morning magic hours, ride Soarin, TT or MTM and catch the MR to MK for rope drop. Not sure if it would work or not just an idea but that would make a pretty cool start to the day.

The one and only time we decided to do that?? The monorail had an issue. It was shut down!! We all had to be bused to the TTC. There had to be close to 1000 people there, by the buses, waiting to be bused out, due to the monorail being closed. That is something I will never take a chance on again...close to 3 hrs total to get to MK that night.
BUT...as far as the walk from BC? 5 mins to bag check and park entry. Then about 12-15 mins to the entrance to FutureWorld from the IG. Another 8-10 mins on top of that to get out to the monorail platform. All while pushing past the hordes going against you! I have actually done it in about 18 mins early in the morning. Had to get to the front gates for tour. The park had just opened for EMHs, so not many people to walk against. But I have to tell you....I was close to speedwalking. And I have very long legs!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter