Beach Club Villas vs Board Walk Villas?

luke6t6

Mouseketeer
We haven't stayed at either resort in the past, but plan to add on a couple of days prior to spending a week at Bay Lake Towers.

Of the two resorts, any insights or preferences?

Thanks in advance.

Luke

For us it depends on time of year and age of travelers. BC feature pool is absolutely amazing. Hands down the best on property. When we do an adults only vacation we like the BWV better. Just seems to feel like a more adult location. Either way you will enjoy the vacation. Have lots of fun.

For us it depends on time of year and age of travelers. BC feature pool is absolutely amazing. Hands down the best on property. When we do an adults only vacation we like the BWV better. Just seems to feel like a more adult location. Either way you will enjoy the vacation. Have lots of fun.

I think this reply has a lot of merit... kids will love the pool... but adults may like being closer to the clubs.. walk from Epcot is a wash.....

Baloo

It's all going to be personal preference. I personally like BWV over BCV. I have four young children and the pool at BCV makes me a nervous wreck. Both are pretty difficult to book so, I would book whatever was available.

We've stayed at BC once and BWV too many times to count. As a PP said, the walk to Epcot is about the same. We love beating the boat from the B/W dock. But when staying at BWV, we always walk to Hollywood Studios too. The nice pool at BC is kind of a walk from the vacation club villas. But nice places to eat (Cape May, Yachtsman Steakhouse, Captains Grill). And our 2 bedroom there seemed enormous! The deck stretched all the way across. But point-wise, there is only one category.

BWV standard views are good point savers but hard to get at certain times. There is always entertainment on the Boardwalk at night and lots of places to eat. ESPN Club is a big draw, too, but not my thing. The only thing that I can think of with difference in the rooms....I think the B/C has a pocket door to close off the toilet. But other than that...kind of the same set up for a one-bedroom. The bathrooms are big and split, but still just one toilet, one shower, one jacuzzi tub, but two sinks.

Either way, you will enjoy.

We love them both. My kids probably prefer BCV and my DH and I probably prefer BWV. Have a great time.

No pool hopping at the BCV... So your chances of getting a beach chair are much better! (If you plan on hanging at the pool).

Agreed - its totally personal preference. We bought at beach for two reasons: my husband loves the Yacht (but no DVC there) and its the closest to Epcot for F&W. We have stayed non DVC at BWI and loved it, my MIL and FIL have used our points to stay at BWV and loved them, but we are very happy at beach. There is a little path behind the resort that drops you right on the sidewalk to epcot and I love the quiet BCV pool. If you have kids, I'd vote BCV because of Stormalong Bay (and you could pool hop, I think, over to BWV if you wanted to but not vice versa).

I prefer BWV, but for the life of me I can't give a good reason why.

BCV is slightly closer to Epcot, but you can walk to Hollywood Studios from BWV more easily.
The views at BWV are nicer, but not bad at BCV.
They are really comparable properties, IMO, except for that stupid clown on the slide at BWV. For some reason, that tends to be a stopper with me.

In my opinion, it depends on what is available. At certain times of year, both can be tough resorts to book.

If you are lucky enough to be able to book at Boardwalk View at seven months - take it. You won't have that opportunity too many times. If you want to save points and a standard view is available, take that - again, not often available at seven months. If both those are unavailable, the other BWV rooms usually have availability when BCV doesn't, so I'd book BCV next, and a preferred (non BWV) at BWV last - its the most likely to be available next time you try and swap resorts.

We prefer BWV ourselves, but its personal preference.

BWV has awesome views of the Boardwalk if you get a Boardwalk room, BCV have no good views at all. The Villas are behind the Beach Club so your view choices are quiet pool, trees, road and if you're lucky maybe an angled view of Spaceship Earth. We own at BCV and stayed at BWV this past Christmas, I loved waking up and enjoying coffee on the balcony looking over the lagoon, and sitting there at night watching the activity on the boardwalk. I'm always disappointed at my BCV view.

As others have said both great.

Our Home resort is BWV, so we are partial to BW.
The things I like at BW vs Beach Club
1- Bakery on BW, restaurants and shops on BW. Downside for some is no restaurant without stepping outside. Never has bothered us.
2- Some people don't like the long hallways, again never bothers us. I prefer that rooms are part of the main building vs. a separate building. You still need to walk outside for restaurants.
3- Totally personal opinion here, there is something about the Beach Club and Yacht Club lobbys that I don't care for. I think its is the low ceilings in parts. (just my quirk). Lot more hustle and bustle due to resort size.
I like BW having a lobby with plenty of seating as well as porch with chairs overlooking the water/green
4- The views from BWV IMO are great. Either Pool/Garden, or Boardwalk depending on your preference and availability.
5- The BC pool is tremendous. peak season very crowded and I have seen idiots almost kill themselves trying to get the perfect seats. A dad actually jumped the hedges and almost did a face plant. But if you are going to spend a lot of time at pool and not go to water parks this is something to consider.
6- Pool bar with Quick Service at BC is very nice. Since the bar is accessible for those not at the pool, we have sat there for a quick bite.
7- Walk to EPCOT is closer at BC but if boat is timed right BW is last stop to EPCOT and first from EPCOT.
8- Night time boardwalk entertainment for kids/family is fun.

We love the area and really like being able to boat or walk to 2 parks. Can't go wrong with either one.

Last edited:
BWV is being refurbed right now so you may end up with a fresh room there. BCV is on deck to be refurbed but not sure when (and oh boy do they need it). That said, I would go by one of two things - theme and vibe OR your pool usage. If you have older kids that are good swimmers, they will love BCV and you will too! If they are very young, BCV will drive you nuts because it's massive. BWV's pools are smaller and a bit quieter / less crowded so when we travel without our daughter, we almost always stay there. Distance difference to Epcot / Hollywood studios is negligible when compared to how much walking is done overall at any of the parks.

I have stayed at both and just find the Bwv are more to my liking . The view across the lake from a boardwalk view room is one of the best in all of WDW. The lobby has a warm vibe to me . I like being part of the main hotel and not a building in the back with really no views at all . The pool is not something I really care about one way or the other as long as there is one. I prefer the restaurants on the BWV side for a quick bite but the walk is pretty quick around the whole lagoon area so not really a consideration.

My kids love BC because of the pool, but they've enjoyed Luna Park pool very much too. Personally, I prefer BW because it is quieter and closer to Boardwalk Bakery and Seashore Sweets! The newly renovated rooms were very nice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter