Beach Club Villas Refurb Renderings!

Late to joining the thread so don't shoot me if I ask the obvious! Want to stay here in June 2016 but only if refurb of studios done. ANY time line predicting completeion? Thanks!
Thought that I read that completion is anticipated December of '15. Even with delays, I would imagine that you will be FINE!:cool1:

We very much enjoyed our trip but as to the room, well!!! We did not get a refrub'ed room and the location was not the best(451). The condition of the room was:
Microwave was broken, they replaced it with a new one and between the call to fix and the new one being installed they gave us a counter top one. When they replaced it they did not take the counter top one away so we had 2 the entire stay. There was no hairdryer and one had to be delivered. The large frying pan and the broiler pan had food on them so we washed everything to be safe. One of the pillows in the master had what appeared to be a small amount of blood on it, I did not tell my wife about it or she would have gone nuts, I just at night put it on the floor and said nothing. The entire room was scratched and worn out but clean otherwise. I am sure they did not repair knowing they were doing a refrub. Overall we very much like our trip and will probably stay there again, the kids loved the pool area and our youngest would have spent the entire time there if we let him...smjj

Wow! Our trip is late November so I hope I get a refurb room. I don't want to experience this.

We just got back last weekend and they haven't even begun yet. People are getting confused because the BC may have started, but the villas are not suppose to start until August. I was there for 18 days and can tell you there was nothing going on other than some power washing of balconies. The refurb is going on at the BWV right now.

Guest Room renovations 10/13/2014- 8/22/2015. The Villas will be renovated 5/31/2015-12/16/2015.

As you can see the confusion is some DVC folks thought the villas were being done when it's the regular Beach Club rooms. The villas are due to begin next week.

We kind of figured that one out after reading more detail of the renovations. Had BCV booked for Sept and decided to move over the BWV instead. We've been through a couple of vacations where renovations were going full force and I have to admit, though not horrible, it was not very peaceful either.

We really would appreciate anybody reporting what their stay was like this summer. Pictures would be a big bonus. We'll be there in September and I will try to take pictures and find out what I can about the refurbishment at BCV.

We really would appreciate anybody reporting what their stay was like this summer. Pictures would be a big bonus. We'll be there in September and I will try to take pictures and find out what I can about the refurbishment at BCV.
Just stayed there last weekend of sww. Our studio was fine. Nothing broke. Clean. Was in a lot better shape than okw rooms I felt. The first floor off main building lobby was getting done when we were there. No big deal but I only walked through it a few times a day. Personally everything with our first stay at bcv was fine c

Just stayed there last weekend of sww. Our studio was fine. Nothing broke. Clean. Was in a lot better shape than okw rooms I felt. The first floor off main building lobby was getting done when we were there. No big deal but I only walked through it a few times a day. Personally everything with our first stay at bcv was fine c

First off thank you for the update. When you say off the main building lobby do you mean the resort lobby or the villa lobby (main entrance)? What I'm calling the villa lobby would be at the bottom of this snippet where you enter from the BCR.
upload_2015-7-6_11-53-38.png

I'm sorry I meant the floor above the lobby. We were in the villas. DVC member. Nothing going on over there except they were sanding two sections of the hardwood for a few days. Why I have no idea of they r going to be doing major construction soon. The floor above the lobby was covered by white construction tArps and they were working but it wasn't very loud whe walking through the lobby

We just got home for BCV room 528, a wheel chair accessible studio. It has no counter space at all in the bathroom which was a problem for us. It has a large almost shared balcony with room 516. Great view of the villas pool and I watched the entire Wishes show from the balcony one night.

When I asked for a refurbed room at check in, the CM at check in told me the refurb has been pushed off a year for the villas. I watched a lot of work being done on the 2nd floor of the BC rooms. Lots of inspections of elevators and a few Cms were taking pictures of the public rooms.

We just got home for BCV room 528, a wheel chair accessible studio. It has no counter space at all in the bathroom which was a problem for us. It has a large almost shared balcony with room 516. Great view of the villas pool and I watched the entire Wishes show from the balcony one night.

When I asked for a refurbed room at check in, the CM at check in told me the refurb has been pushed off a year for the villas. I watched a lot of work being done on the 2nd floor of the BC rooms. Lots of inspections of elevators and a few Cms were taking pictures of the public rooms.
So odd. Why would they do the mock up rooms and not begin work for another year?

I just do not understand why. We were there in mid June in room 451. I let go all the many worn and just junky room condition because I was under the impression these rooms were going to soon be rebrub'ed and they were waiting for it. To delay another year if true is very disappointing seeing as how it should have been done a couple of years ago anyway. I am beginning to think DVC is nothing more than the poor stepchild that is always last on the list..smjj

I just do not understand why. We were there in mid June in room 451. I let go all the many worn and just junky room condition because I was under the impression these rooms were going to soon be rebrub'ed and they were waiting for it. To delay another year if true is very disappointing seeing as how it should have been done a couple of Wago anyway. I am beginning to think DVC is nothing more than the poor stepchild that is always last on the list..smjj
WHAT'S up with that? Have heard too many comments about "worn and in need of rehab". BWV is getting their rehab and MS has said that BCV will not be far behind. LET'S HOPE SO! :thumbsup2 From reading comments over the last year, it seems like it is time!:scratchin:goodvibes

This rehab is longggggg overdue and I am disgusted with the possibility that it's being put off a year. Every time we have visited over the last several years the villas are in worse condition. Our most recent trip in May the kitchen cabinet door literally fell off when I opened it. The cabinets were scratched and dinged as was everything else in the villa. Hallway carpets were in very poor condition. i could go on but you get the idea. The villas should never get to be this bad. Not for what we pay to own.

Since the refurb was supposed to start in March 2015 the one year delay would be over by March 2016.

I have always heard that the DVC refurb would not begin until after the BC cash refurb was completed. I don't know why the DVC work couldn't be done simultaneously, does DVC have to use the same contractors as the cash resorts?

That's just great! I was hoping for a refurbished room for our trip later this year. Why prolong it for another year?

At BCV now. I was told by a housekeeping supervisor this afternoon that the Villa's refurbishment will start when they finish the Beach Club and the Yacht Club. They were told to expect the work on the BCV to begin in January '16. For what it is worth, the condition of our room is excellent and the resort, overall, seems to be in very good condition. Quite happy with our stay so far.

At BCV now. I was told by a housekeeping supervisor this afternoon that the Villa's refurbishment will start when they finish the Beach Club and the Yacht Club. They were told to expect the work on the BCV to begin in January '16. For what it is worth, the condition of our room is excellent and the resort, overall, seems to be in very good condition. Quite happy with our stay so far.

I was wondering if they were encountering more delays at BC/YC. I still do not understand why BCV can't be remodeled at the same time.:confused3

Why wasn't the BCV refurb prioritized over the BWV refurb considering BWV has already had at least one refurb? I see so many threads with complaints about run down rooms at BCV that you'd think they would want to get that refurb done ASAP. We stayed at BWV last June and our room was not in any need of refurb.

I have never stayed at BCV and have held off in recent years after seeing so many complaints but I booked for this October on the off chance we might get a refurbished room. Oh well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter