Beach Club transportation

MommyBou

Earning My Ears
We are trying to decide whether to stay at the Beach Club or Contemporary during our stay 2/5 - 2/12... BC seems more our "style". We stayed at the CR previously -- loved the convenience but wasn't thrilled with the hotel itself. We tend to go to the MK ALOT so I have concerns regarding transportation from the Beach Club.

Have you stayed at the Beach Club? What's your opinion of the transportation? (...particularly to MK, but also to AK)

Thanks!
Shannon

from the BC you need to take the bus to MK and AK....convenient bus stop right out from the main entrance with buses that come rapidly, never waited more than 10 minutes. Does stop at all the epcot area resorts, but we never had difficult time getting a seat. Easy to come home at night too....

you will love the BC and I would not not stay there just because of the lack of the monorail...it is beautiful and the convinience of astrolling over to EPCOT in the evening to catch dinner or Illuminations was so great!

if you same theme park is MK - stay at the Polyn or WL - you have to stop at all the EPcot resorts before it leaves - the BC is almost the last one - then BW - then it goes - it takes it around 30 minutes to get to the MK. Yes you are on a bus - but then again you are on a bus.

Walking through Epcot and riding the monrail - can be just as slow - probably slower - that is a long walk.

so you have decide MK and Epcot - then Polyn, EPcot and Studios then BC, the only deluxe close to AK is AKL.

We usually stay at the YC, which shares a bus with the BC. Bus transportation from YC/BC to MK is generally pretty good. Buses run frequently and the ride itself does not take too long. However, the bus ride to AK just seems to take forever; for that reason, we usually drive to AK on those days we are going there.

BC is otherwise a great location! It's great fun to walk to Epcot (where we spend a lot of time) and the boat to MGM is also very convenient (and, if you are impatient, you can walk to or from MGM as well).

Routing for the buses is dynamic, and demand based. Contrary to popular belief, the bus DOES NOT ALWAYS GO TO ALL FIVE RESORTS!!!!! Morning routing may include YC->BC->BW, but typically does not stop at all 5 unless demand is very low.

After 11:00, the bus route is YC/BC *only* for the MK.

Actual travel time from the Epcot Resort area to the Magic Kingdom is around 12 minutes.

Chip 'n Dale Express said:
Routing for the buses is dynamic, and demand based. Contrary to popular belief, the bus DOES NOT ALWAYS GO TO ALL FIVE RESORTS!!!!! Morning routing may include YC->BC->BW, but typically does not stop at all 5 unless demand is very low.

After 11:00, the bus route is YC/BC *only* for the MK.

Actual travel time from the Epcot Resort area to the Magic Kingdom is around 12 minutes.

Would 2nd week in February typically be considered low on demand?

When you say after 11, YC/BC only for the MK... Is this all year or also based on demand?

Thanks, everyone, for your responses. I'm slowing leaning towards the BC for the change but I know how we tend to be at MK all the time! Also, I didn't mention before but I will be hauling a stroller with me (a pain on and off the bus) and will likely need to go back to the resort for short rests for my DD (15mos) on some days. So many factors to consider, and I just can't decide! :blush:

Shannon

Hi. We are staying in BC Villas may7-12. we're taking our 6yr old, 4 yr old and our 20 month old. I know that sounds crazy, but we go as the whole family when we vacation. It's always fun. The little ones get a different experience out of it than the older child. We spend most of our time in MK too! We plan to haul a stroller around as well. I have a plan though!We've done this before so I'm not worried. We stayed at Contemporary last time. Monorail was great when we had a 3yr old and 1 yr old. I can hep you compare places. But BC is ery popular. If you have questions, I may be of help. -Faith

We stayed at the BC Christmas 2003 and the Poly this Christmas and found the bus transportation from the BC to the MK to be efficient. Many times the bus was practically empty, so it was easy to haul the stoller on the bus. We found we spent more time in Epcot that year and this year more time in MK. For our family we enjoy the Epcot area more. AK seems to take awhile from either resort. I think you'll be fine with their bus transportation. Have fun!! :wave2:

thanks chip'n'dale - but I generally stay in the BCV in Sept - very slow season - so that is the problem?

I stayed at BC for a week and the transportation was great... I don't even remember going into BWI, not even once.... definately yacht club (that is right next door)

The waits for buses were reasonable.. no complaints at all.

MommyBou said:
Would 2nd week in February typically be considered low on demand?

When you say after 11, YC/BC only for the MK... Is this all year or also based on demand?
By demand, I do not mean time of year. I mean, actual right then and there, demand. Dispatchers are constantly monitoring the load zones, and dispatch buses accordingly. I haven't worked mornings in awhile, so I'm not sure if the routing has been tweaked with the Boardwalk or not, but typically they'll send a bus to S/D/BW and then another to Y/B/BW... routing can change as needed, nothing is set in stone. In fact, a bus can be dispatched to BC then YC. It's all a matter of how things go. If there is low demand (say, a bus just went though, but filled up), they might send a 'cleaner' bus in to do all 5, and pick up what the others might have left behind. However, it should be noted that the vast majority of all buses that go through in the morning only do a few of the resorts, and not all 5. Year round.

Also, post 11:00am, YC/BC is a separate bus for the MK year round. Same with DTD after 5-6pm.

My family stayed at the BCV in late January '04, and we found the transportation to all parks via boat (MGM/Epcot) or bus (AK/MK/DTD) to be wonderfully efficient! Obviously, you were able to experience travel via the monorail, previously staying at the CR, and there is nothing that zips like that monorail. But, I really would not hesitate to stay at the BC, and think you should find the transportation in early February to be great.

I read about others having transportation woes, but I honestly can say that every trip we have ever taken to WDW we have been so impressed with their transportation. We have stayed at WL, AKL, OKW, CBR, BCV and the Swan. I have not one complaint about transportation during any stay.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter