Beach Club or Boardwalk??

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by momhmmx2, Dec 4, 2012.

1. AlohaPolynesian

AlohaPolynesian DIS Veteran

I agree with others that if your 12 year old is very active and social that he may prefer BC with the SAB pool.

BWI has an awesome pool, too. I swear the clown isn't as creepy in person. There is also a quiet pool there that is super nice.

My mom and I love the BWI because it seems to be much quieter than other resorts on the inside, but so much activity going on just outside.

ETA: I would base my decision on the pool, since both places are equally as nice and close to both Epcot and DHS. Go with BWI if you are not interested in the big pool at BC.

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. Robbi

Robbi DIS Veteran

Beach Club has a nicer pool but it is usually very crowded when we've been. If your son loves to swim, I'd go with BC. That is the only reason I'd choose it over the BW.

4. Disney  Doll

Disney Doll DIS Security Matron

You can't go wrong with either, they are equally as nice IMHO and location-wise basically the same as well... BC has a better pool, so that would probably tip the scales toward it if I had a child with me. I don't find the BW clown pool "scary" per se, but it's basically a big pool with a rollercoaster themed slide. SAB is an event.

Plus DH & I stayed @ the BC on our honeymoon, so it has sentimental value to me. :love:

5. arjones31

arjones31 Mouseketeer

Agreed! SCARY pool - especially at night when it lights up... :sad2:

6. nursie

nursie Earning My Ears

Stephen King "It"......just sayin.........:scared:

We are booked there for June, Hope I can get over my fear of clowns after that novel from the '80s;)

7. fisherjenn

fisherjenn Caught the running bug

I enjoyed the Boardwalk when I was younger; the atmosphere is fun!