Beach Club Neg. Reviews

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by mickeyway, Jul 9, 2013.

1. mickeyway

mickeyway Mouseketeer

I was just on a review site and was surprised at how many neg. reviews that were posted for the BC. The majority of the reviews stated that it is dirty and gross and mousekeeping is horrible. I am set to go in just three weeks and have really went over budget for this trip. I am very nervous about my trip now as I had to really sell it to my DH. Anyone there recently that can share some insight on the state of the rooms? Also if it is really bad how hard is it to get moved somewhere anywhere else?

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. karenklo

karenklo DIS Veteran

I would love to know too as that is where I thinking about staying next year!

4. Marthasor

Marthasor DIS Veteran

We stayed there in a GV room about 2 years ago and loved it! I didn't find it dirty or gross. The CM's there were excellent! We will be back in 6 weeks!

5. Mayhem1976

Mayhem1976 Mouseketeer

We stayed there last August and I don't really have any complaints. I think so of the rugs were a little worn, but our room was always cleaned, no trouble with mousekeeping. But I admit that we are pretty easy going and don't notice things like that!

The staff was great, we had some trouble with tickets to the Aloha dinner and they gave our large group fast passes.

6. mickeynut1

mickeynut1 DIS Veteran

I would take any and all reviews with a grain of salt. We have not stayed at the BC recently so I can't comment on what kind of shape the resort is in, but every resort gets bad reviews, with some being worse than it actually is. We stayed at the Poly in 2007 and after booking, I read a lot of negative reviews about the resort (i.e., dirty rooms, bad housekeeping, etc) and I seriously considered changing resorts. After giving it some thought, I decided to stick with the Poly as it was at the top of our list of resorts to try. No regrets to this day keeping the Poly. Our stay was one of the best Disney vacations we have had (and all of them have been great). So my point is, what someone might report as being bad, someone else might not find it that way. With that said, if you do check in and find your room dirty, etc., you can ask for another room or ask to be moved to a different resort. Moving to a different resort can be done provided there is availability.

7. Scott MC

Scott MC DIS Veteran

The BC is a beautiful resort. We were there in August, and it was immaculate. It is a very busy resort, so I could see how Mousekeeping could occasionally get overwhelmed, but I wonder of the people posting the negative reviews picked up the phone and called Mousekeeping, or just let it go, then posted a nasty review? I think a lot of review sites are full of people with gripes.
    Again, the BC is a beautiful resort, and the staff is outstanding. If something goes wrong or feels wrong when you get there, or while you'r there, pick up the phone and ask to speak to the powers that be.
    I'm sure you'll have a wonderful time! :beach:

8. ocalla

ocalla DIS Veteran

Great resort!! Thus year will be our 4th time staying there :)

9. davale4

davale4 Love love watching my kids have fun

Hope you have better luck than we did! We stayed at BC Club level and the room and bathroom were FILTHY. It was absolutely disgusting :crazy2:. The top of the toilet was full of dark urine and the tub was full of hair. The room itself was very nice....just dirty though. I know this can happen at any other hotel, but it happened to us at the Beach Club and really ruined it for us. It was so awful that we will NEVER EVER consider staying there again.

However, you could probably have different experience than ours and have the best time ever. We always stay at the GF RPC and love it there while others don't because they think it's "stuffy".

10. LittleStinkerbelle

LittleStinkerbelle DIS Veteran

We stayed at the BC in April and while I was much less than thrilled with our stay, the condition of the rooms was not something I had any issue with. Everything looked to be in good shape in our room and mousekeeping was good. The hallways, however, were in rough shape IMHO. The carpet consistently looked like it was in need of very good vacuuming (lots of crumbs and other debris) and it was buckled pretty badly - like ripples high enough that I felt I needed to look down when walking because I was afraid I'd get caught up and twist an ankle.

11. snooty3

snooty3 Earning My Ears

We stayed for a week at the Beach Club in a one bedroom villa. It was spotless. And believe me I am a phobia about staying places other than my own home. Not a spec of dust under the fridge, on top of the shower rod, etc. You will love it and IF there is a problem, I would not hesitate to call the front desk and demand a cleaner room. Enjoy the pumped in scent of Aloe and Green Clover in the lobby too. We are going back in September and I can't wait. Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy!!!:beach:

12. Mayhem1976

Mayhem1976 Mouseketeer

And it can happen anywhere. We were at MGM in Vegas and in my sisters room the bathroom was dirty. They called the desk, got housekeeping up right away and were given a free meal.

Let them know if it is dirty, so they can talk to housekeeping about it.

13. buzznina

buzznina DIS Veteran

BC is schedued for a refurb in October, it has been over 4 years since it's last refurb. If you have a big problem with your room, do not call the desk or mousekeeping, physically walk to the lobby and ask for a manager, this is really the best way to get things corrected.

14. Dis703

Dis703 DIS Veteran

There was a recent thread about this a week or two ago. I would take most online reviews with a grain of salt.

As for the condition of the resort we were there the end of May and had one Standard CL room and one Standard View room. Both were beautiful rooms, very clean and not at all run down. I think I noticed 2 very tiny things that showed a little wear but nothing that needed upgrading at this point. Several people in the last thread mentioned the hallways looking worn. I didn't even notice that really. :confused3

Mousekeeping was awesome while we were there. They did a great job and we had our first towel animals too.

I'm fairly picky about hotels and dirtiness would NEVER fly by me and I didn't have any issues while we were at the BC.

I loved it and just wish we could afford to stay there again.

15. kallanach

kallanach Earning My Ears

We stayed at BC on CL last summer. Room was clean. Service and mouse keeping excellent. Negatives are that the walls are paper thin. Our neighbors were very noisy at night! The resort was very crowded. I didn't care for the hotel restaurant. Pool is nice but very crowded. We are lucky to have a very nice pool in our home community, so some of the wow factor was not there for me. But I can understand why folks like it. We are trying AKL this summer. Will not return to BC.

16. bwifan

bwifan Mouseketeer

Don't sweat it. We went ths past June and while we'll probably never stay here again we still had a great time. The mousekeeping was spotty and it was very loud and busy. We realised this on day 2, shrugged our shoulders and focused on the awesome pool and its proximity to Epcot.

My personal favorite resort is the boardwalk and I'm sure I could find bad reviews of it somewhere. The beach club is a favorite of many people so they must be doing something right that we just don't get. :confused3

17. katie43901

katie43901 Earning My Ears

We LOVE the beach club! This will be our third straight year here and I couldn't be more excited to return. We've never had any issues with cleanliness!

18. Missoutandabout

Missoutandabout DIS Veteran

All you can do is judge for yourself. It's quite a subjective thing: cleanliness, noise levels, decor, CM interaction, etc. Every single resort I've stayed at, I've read negative reviews beforehand. I haven't regretted any resort I've tried so far -- although there are certainly some we won't be returning to. If something is truly bothering you about your room, make sure to go to the front desk and tell someone. If it's something within their power to fix, it's their job to make sure you're happy. Enjoy your vacation. :goodvibes

19. ToyStory3

ToyStory3 DIS Veteran

We stayed at BC on our last vacation. I've never been so excited for a trip. Right before we left I started noticing some negative reviews about it and got very nervous. As soon as we got there we fell in love with the resort. It was absolutely amazing. I was sooo glad we didn't switch resorts. You're going to have a great time!

20. stargazertechie

stargazertechie Toy Story Midway Maniac

Just got back from a stay at BCV Sunday night- and the villas consistently have more bad reviews saying they are in terrible shape.

Great stay, clean room in good repair, public areas were clean and the staff was fantastic.

21. dipastor

dipastor Mouseketeer

We love the Beach Club. Our first experience at Disney was Grand Floridian. We always got two connecting rooms (we are a family of 5). As much as I love the Grand (stayed there three years in a row)... we visited the Beach Club in Dec 2012 and June 2013. Both times, rooms were great. Actually, the furniture is in good condition, room clean and overall looked more updated than the Grand. I was very happy.

It also depends on when you stay there. During a busy season, each hotel may have some spotty housekeeping due to crowds. All you have to do is call housekeeping. They will correct it. We did that at both Grand and Beach Club. When we didn't get a room made, we called housekeeping and they were on it. All you have to do is let them know.

Overall, love Beach Club... location... pool is amazing!!!, Marketplace is outstanding and just so easy... Beaches and Cream Yum... Hurricane Hannah's convenient.