Beach Club Marketplace- Counter Service, Groceries and Merchandise- inc. YC Gift Shop

I could be wrong since I have never used the dining plan, but I thought the only way the items have that icon next to them is if they count as a snack credit. Since DDP doesn't really exclude anything, I believe anything on the menu counts as a meal.

Great point!

I know that the breakfast items (like the ham and cheese croissant) can definitely be ordered as a CS dining meal. We used our last CS credit on our checkout day for this last year.

I haven't had any of the lunch entrees using dining plan credits, but I imagine you could get the sandwich, flatbread or soup, plus a drink, plus a dessert (wonder if gelato counts?) for a CS credit.

At $4.29, the parfait is probably one of the more expensive items that can be obtained with a snack credit.

THANK YOU SO MUCH for all these pics. We are staying at the BC for the first time in October and I'm so excited. I'm actually surprised to see how many food options are available at the Marketplace. I had heard and read that the choices were so limited but honestly, there are more options here than the Mara foodcourt over at AKL. We stayed at AKL back in November and found the QS options to be very limited and IMO, the food barely edible.

THis menu is def. better than the other times i have gone.. as a previous poster mentioned they did serve breakfast at Beaches and Cream in 09 and personally we liked the selection of food much better but it was more of a hastle going all the way over there to get the food. Its too bad they couldnt do that at the MarketPlace.. the flatbread and pita pizzas are new as well as the french toast sticks!! :thumbsup2

YOu scared me with the Mara comment though.. we are staying at AKV for 3 nights before switching over to BCV and one reason we chose Jambo over Kidani was the food court..lmao.. we will see I guess.

We stayed at AKL back in November and found the QS options to be very limited and IMO, the food barely edible.

YOu scared me with the Mara comment though.. we are staying at AKV for 3 nights before switching over to BCV and one reason we chose Jambo over Kidani was the food court..lmao.. we will see I guess.

I am surprised to hear that you didn't like Mara! We stayed at Kidani last year and ate at Mara several times. We had the African Stew in a bread bowl, zebra domes (of course!), cheese flatbread, watermelon, cheesecake, and the breakfast platter. Everything was great! :confused3

disneyobsessed, the "dining" link in my siggie has pics and reviews of our Mara meals if you want to check it out. :goodvibes

Another big thank you to Pixarmom for the wonderful BC Marketplace pictures. She is now known as the Marketplace stalker. I feel I am to blame . . .

Dee - we were there for the trial run of the Beaches and Cream breakfast too. We thought it was great and said so in the survey. Looks like our opinions didn't count for much!

What a great thread! Thanks for all these pics. As a family staying at the BC for the first time this coming August, this thread is extremely helpful. The only concern I had was the whole counter-service (or lack thereof) situation. But this has shown me that there's enough options to not worry at all.

Photos from Fittings & Fairings, the Yacht Club Gift Shop

Provided by Cinderumbrella, June 2011

fittings.jpg

Groceries and Sundries:

fittings15.jpg

fittings14.jpg

fittings16.jpg

fittings12.jpg

fittings11.jpg

fittings13.jpg

Gifts:

fittings8.jpg

fittings10.jpg

fittings9.jpg

fittings17.jpg

fittings18.jpg

fittings20.jpg

fittings19.jpg

Dooney & Bourke purses!!!

fittings4.jpg

Spa Items:

fittings3.jpg

Clothes, Resortwear, Luggage

fittings7.jpg

fittings6.jpg

fittings2.jpg

fittings1.jpg

Very informative thread! I'll be adding both of these to my list of stops.
Subscribing too~

Ugh, I really did not need to see the pics of the Dooney's 2 days before I left. I promised myself I'd only buy one- the balloon Mickey wristlet. Looks like I might have problems sticking to that...:confused3

Any idea what a dozen eggs cost here?

Thanks for all the pics

I'll post your ? over on the YC/BC FAQ thread. Maybe someone going soon can get some prices on eggs, milk, oj, loaf of bread. Others have asked in the past too.

I am surprised to hear that you didn't like Mara! We stayed at Kidani last year and ate at Mara several times. We had the African Stew in a bread bowl, zebra domes (of course!), cheese flatbread, watermelon, cheesecake, and the breakfast platter. Everything was great! :confused3

disneyobsessed, the "dining" link in my siggie has pics and reviews of our Mara meals if you want to check it out. :goodvibes

Love, love, love the African Stew in the bread bowl :love:

I was little worried about YC/BC selection for coming trip. We are definite breakfast eaters and was getting worried about lack of CS choices at the resort. This definitely helps alot planning and also, I don't need to worry. What they have is enough for us. :goodvibes

Sorry, no photos, but for anyone with allergies (or kids with allergies), next to the cashier (on the food line), there is a basket that contains allergen-free treats -- e.g., French Meadow brownies (nut and gluten free) and Divvies cookies (nut, egg and gluten free).

Sorry, no photos, but for anyone with allergies (or kids with allergies), next to the cashier (on the food line), there is a basket that contains allergen-free treats -- e.g., French Meadow brownies (nut and gluten free) and Divvies cookies (nut, egg and gluten free).

Thanks for the head up on this!!!

Pixarmom, if you see this, add it to your August photo missions! Thx!!!

Great pics! Thanks to pixarmom for taking them and to natebenma for posting. I'm so excited to see oatmeal as a snack option. That's my DD's fave breakfast.

Wow!! Thanks for all those amazing photos!!! I can't wait to be there...soon, but not soon enough

Thanks for the head up on this!!!

Pixarmom, if you see this, add it to your August photo missions! Thx!!!

Got it! :) Also planning to do a price check on some of the Marketplace items that don't have a price in plain view on the photos.

Got it! :) Also planning to do a price check on some of the Marketplace items that don't have a price in plain view on the photos.

Thanks. I'm wondering how much the eggs cost. I remember a package of raspberries being $10 :eek:

Super Duper Pics Pixarmom & Cinderumbrella. Can't wait:yay::yay:!

Thanks for sharing with all of us--pics truly make a difference:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:worship::worship:

Really appreciate this thread Natebenma:worship::worship:

You guys think of everything:love::love:

Going by the pictures, it looks like a lot of things are not included on the dining plan. Kind of suprising.

I thought the same thing at first, but looker closer at some of the pictures...I think that symbol was indication DDP snack options :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!