Beach Club Lazy River?

Please note that I have never actually been there (going next week!) but this is just what I remember reading on another thread. I could be totally wrong.....

We are bringing our own tubes. If we can use them, great! If we can't, then we will rent. I would just hate to get there and find out that you can use your own and not have my own and have to spend $200 if I didn't have to. I mean, if I have to, I will, but I'd prefer not to if possible. KWIM????

JULIE

Good thinking. Report back and let the DIS know. Definitely ask about using the electric air compressor at the little shop where they rent the tubes. The CM was very nice to me last year letting me use this to inflate our tubes. Have a great trip, looks like you will be there soon :wizard:

But how do you blow them up? I remember a couple years back when the kids used to wear water wings - I'd nearly pass out blowing those things up. They are not made how they used to be (back in the olden days) now you keep blowing and blowing and the darn thing doesn't even expand.

When we stayed at SSR & CBR, we just blew them up with our mouths. Last year, staying at BCV, DH had brought our air pump (we always drive to WDW) in the car. We used that.

We always use the 36 inch tubes from Target. They are the perfect size for teens & adults, IMO. DH is 6' 1" & uses one.

Hi! We will be at BCV in July and would really like to know for sure what the policy is for bringing tubes?? :confused3 Anyone recently back or going soon?? Would you please post a review of your own experiences??? :rotfl2:

We have already purchased ours for our upcoming September trip at the BCVs. Can't wait to use them. They will fit easily into suitcases for travel.

Anybody care to update this information? What is the status of being able to use your own tubes (clear or not?) and are the CMs still allowing guests to use the compressor to blow up the tubes? Thanks!

Anybody care to update this information? What is the status of being able to use your own tubes (clear or not?) and are the CMs still allowing guests to use the compressor to blow up the tubes? Thanks!

I am also curious as to whether or not the tubes hold a regular size adult. I am about 150pds and we 2 tubes. One thinner than the other and the thinner does not hold me up very well.

You are not permitted to bring your own tubes to Stormalong Bay, even if they are transparent. So, you won't need to find a place to blow them up.

Unless the prices have changed, the rental is $3 per hour or $10/day.

The tubes will hold up a regular sized adult.

You are permitted to bring noodles from home to SAB. There are also some available for purchase at the pool gift shop, and maybe at the Marketplace gift shop, for around $4 per noodle (pretty steep!)

On the Yacht & Beach Club FAQ forum, we have started up a "noodle swap", there is a set of extra chunky noodles that have been reserved/loaned out since June:

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=42040001&postcount=11

Can you use noodles from home at any resort swimming pool?

Yes. We were in Ft. Lauderdale before going to WDW and bought the fat pool noodles there, then used them for our split stay at POR & BC without problems.

Natebenma is right, you can't use tubes from home anywhere on property. Only noodles.

We passed ours off to another family our last day.

We always bring our own tubes for the week & then on our check-out day we give them to another family to use.

They are cheap at Target (about $3.00) & then you don't have to worry about telling yours apart from the rental ones at BCV.

But how do you blow them up? I remember a couple years back when the kids used to wear water wings - I'd nearly pass out blowing those things up. They are not made how they used to be (back in the olden days) now you keep blowing and blowing and the darn thing doesn't even expand.

The lifeguards will not permit you to use your own tube at SAB. You can use your own noodle, but not your own tube. You either use their tube that you rent or none at all.

The lifeguards will not permit you to use your own tube at SAB. You can use your own noodle, but not your own tube. You either use their tube that you rent or none at all.

Yes, someone has stated that now they are no longer allowed, which I knew, as we stay there every year.

You quoted me from what I said 3 years ago...and that was all true info. then. :)

Btw, to the posters that asked....both the SAB Poolside Gift shop & the BC Marketplace sell noodles for $4.95 each now.

if you forget to bring one, the lifeguards have always been nice in the past & let kids use the "lost & found" leftover noodles if they promise to return them

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter