Beach Club 2BR questions

mom3sonstt

DIS Veteran
We are staying at Beach Club for the first time this June. I have a few questions...

In the master bathroom is there a walk-in shower or just a shower head in the tub?

We have 20, 19 & 16 year old sons...we would prefer a room with 2 queens in the 2nd bedroom as opposed to a queen and a pull out sofa - is that just the luck of the draw or is there some way to request it?

We are sending down our 2 older boys a couple days ahead of us - I am getting them a room somewhere else, hopefully at Boardwalk, would it be better for them to leave their stuff with bell services at the hotel they are cking out of or to bring it over to Beach Club? They would probably take off for a park first thing in the morning and we won't get there until around noon. I'm thinking they'd be better off leaving their stuff at their original hotel instead of trying to leave it at BC before we have checked in.

Are there any "views" at Beach Club? Can you see fireworks at the parks from any of the rooms.

Is there anything else we should know or ask about?

Tanya

What is the difference between Beach Club and Beach Club villas? I am looking at an aerial map of the epcot resort area and the buildings are outlined and labeled seperately. Are all the DVC rooms just in the villa section.

Is Beach Club just a DVC resort like Old Key West, or are a percentage of the rooms "regular" hotel rooms?

If they are separate, do you check in at a different location or is there only one check-in area?

Do they have the refillable mugs there and is there a convenient location to Stormalong Bay to refill them? I am thinking if there is a convenient location that it may be better to get the refillable mug to use while at the pool instead of bringing drinks with us or buying them as needed.

Our trip is in 5 months.....I'm sure I will have more questions.....

Tanya

The master shower is a separate shower and the bathroom also has a garden tub. There are only a limited number of 2BR's that have 2 queens in them and it is not a request but a booking category from what I understand.

I think the boys would be fine leaving their luggage with bell services at BW...the resort can also transfer the luggage for them I believe.

There aren't really many views to speak of at BCV other than pool. We like to request upper floor rather than a particular view. I have heard of people seeing fireworks from their room but we have never had such a view.

We are also going to BCV this June. Hope you enjoy your stay!

All DVC villas are in Beach Club Villas building. Rooms in Beach Club Resort itself are not DVC villas but of the 'regular' hotel room type. All amenities are shared by Yacht & Beach Resort and Beach Club Villas. BCV building is closest to Epcot or maybe another way to describe it would be to say if you were at Boardwalk Resort looking across Crescent Lake left is Yacht Club/center is Beach Club/right is Beach Club Villas. Bell services at any Disney &/or DVC resort can transport luggage over to any other Disney &/or DVC resort, but it may not arrive at the resort it is going to until later in day. Check-in for Beach Club Villas is at Beach Club Resort.

I'm not sure about where mugs are refilled, I'd think there is a station at Stormalong Bay and I think there is a location at Beach Club Marketplace.

To get 2 queen beds in 2nd bedroom I think you need to request a Dedicated 2 bedroom villa with 2 queen beds because I seem to also remember that not all dedicated 2 bedroom villas will have 2 queen beds(something to do with room configuration in some dedicated 2br villas). If you ask for a lock-off 2 bedroom villa then the 2nd bedroom is actually set up like a studio villa because it can become a completely separate unit from 1 bedroom villa part of the unit & so it will have pull-out sofa and 1 queen bed.

Try dvcnews.com roomfinder for further information on views but hopefully others will be along to post helpful suggestions on that. A request for a particular view, etc. is not guaranteed, but they will try to meet it. It is best not to ask for a specific room number but to describe what your hoping for in order of importance to you, ie "Illuminations View/High Floor"

Try this link to dvcnews roomfinder

http://dvcnews.com/index.php/resorts/beach-club-villas/roomfinder

Enjoy your planning :goodvibes

Did you book your 2 bedroom through Disney? If so..give them a call and request the dedicated two bedroom if you want two queen beds. I think it will go in as a request which you may or may not get at check in.

If you rented the points from a DVC member have them call and see if a dedicated two bedroom is available. Members can ask for either a dedicated or lock-off (studio and one bedroom). I'm almost positive we get what we book and it's not just a request.

The dedicated two bedroom with two queen beds is only available for a points reservation. It's not available for a cash reservation. There are only 25 of these villas.

I am a DVC member and made the reservation myself with points. I guess I need to ask tomorrow about getting a 2 Queen room when I call about the boys extra nights.

We visited Beach Club a couple times to look at the pool area and to eat at Beaches and Cream, but never paid attention to where the buildings were. We were thinking that the Beach Club was DVC and the Yacht Club was regular - then I was looking at this aerial map and saw that there was also Beach Club villas. Now I am trying to remember where that building fit in. I can see it on the map - but am trying to remember where that building was at from the walking paths.

Does the villa pool (not stormalong bay) have a hot tub at it? We stayed at the Treehouses last summer and my husband walked down to that hot tub ust about every night - only one night was there anybody else using it. Just thought since Stormalong was so popular maybe the villa's pool might be a little less populated.

Now youngest son is irked that we may be letting the older 2 fly down early. Originally it was just going to be the oldest by himself, then today the middle son asked how come he couldn't go with Sean, because he likes to fly too. Youngest son doesn't like flying, so I wouldn't send all 3 of them, but he also doesn't like the idea of his brothers getting a head start on him.

Tanya

If you own BVC points and booked at exactly 11 months, most likely you have 2 queens in your 2nd bedroom. They usually default to this room type first until filled, unless you request a different configuration. If you booked at 7 months, most likely you got a dedicated with 1 queen and a sofa bed in the 2nd bedroom. Those 2 queens go quickly and with only 5 months to go, if you don't already have it you're looking at waitlist.

Well, I booked right on the 7 month date (we own at OKW and SS). I still haven't called about the other ressie for the boys - been busy cleaning carpets for a new bed coming after lunch. Will have to do that soon. I will double check then whether I had the foresight to ask for a 2 Queen room. If they get the pull out they will survive - we'll have one on the pull out in the living room anyway plus they may like having a little extra space when it's put away

Check your reservation. Ours says "2BR/ 2 Queenbeds in 2nd BR."

Bobbi:goodvibes

I am a DVC member and made the reservation myself with points. I guess I need to ask tomorrow about getting a 2 Queen room when I call about the boys extra nights.

We visited Beach Club a couple times to look at the pool area and to eat at Beaches and Cream, but never paid attention to where the buildings were. We were thinking that the Beach Club was DVC and the Yacht Club was regular - then I was looking at this aerial map and saw that there was also Beach Club villas. Now I am trying to remember where that building fit in. I can see it on the map - but am trying to remember where that building was at from the walking paths.

Does the villa pool (not stormalong bay) have a hot tub at it? We stayed at the Treehouses last summer and my husband walked down to that hot tub ust about every night - only one night was there anybody else using it. Just thought since Stormalong was so popular maybe the villa's pool might be a little less populated.

Now youngest son is irked that we may be letting the older 2 fly down early. Originally it was just going to be the oldest by himself, then today the middle son asked how come he couldn't go with Sean, because he likes to fly too. Youngest son doesn't like flying, so I wouldn't send all 3 of them, but he also doesn't like the idea of his brothers getting a head start on him.

Tanya

The Dunes Cove pool does have a hot tub.

The BCV is behind the BC towards the parking lot. If you are walking to Epcot from the YC and BC, you won't even see the BCV. But if you take the path right before the BC coming from Epcot and follow it around, you will find the BCV behind the BC.

The BC buildings are pale blue. The BCV building is pale blue-green.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter