Beach club 1st floor rooms??

corvair

<font color=FF99FF>Doesn't need a fancy tag
Just wondering about the ground floor rooms at the BC... do they have sliding glass doors you can walk out for easy access to SAB???? I always read about the balconies and veiws but I do not know too much about the ground floor rooms... We like first floor better than a balcony...any info would be great...thanks...amy

We had a ground floor room once. It was all the way at the end. Totally inconvenient to get to bus stop and a long walk with 3 kids to SAB. Our room, I believe overlooked alot of the other rooms like a courtyard type. We were really close to the laundry room. Only plus about it was it was a short, short walk to the international gateway at epcot. This was considered a garden view or the cheapest room. We also stayed at the yacht club. We paid for a water view and got a view right across looking at the boardwalk. While the view was gorgeous and it was a first floor we did have like a little patio. We specifically asked for non smoking because our one ds has asthma and what was on the little patio but a ton of cigarette butts. Yuck.

Just a side note - have you ever attended that gospel concert they have in dillsburg?

Thanks for the reply....I wonder if there would be ground floor closer to the pool.....amy

No, I have never been there..but i know where you mean at Kids King Kamp....the people who own that are very nice....

I think most of the area that opens onto the SAB area is hallways from restaurants, lobby etc. I don't remember any rooms were really close. There may be some that open onto the ground floor by the quiet pool. We were at the BCV so it is a longer walk yet but by Disney standards what's 4or 5 minutes at a leisurly pace anyway? We always cut through the lobby and down past Cape May and out towards B&C. I suppose if you had to go back to the room frequently it could be a problem. It's a beautiful place and you will have a great time.

We had a great ground floor room at BC near the quiet pool one year - it was a corner room that had windows that overlooked both the hot tub and Crescent lake and also overlooked the pool.
It was great to be able to just walk right out to the quiet pool but wouldn't have used the patio door to leave the room where we couldn't keep an eye on it as you can't lock the door from the outside. It really was a great location, sorry I can't give you the room #. It was about 2yrs ago and just can't remember.

As for rooms close to SAB - the closest you would get I think would be near the main lobby and Cape May Cafe'. Maybe you could request ground floor near there.

Thanks for all of the replies....any more info would be great...thanks..amy

If I remember right, if you go out the lobby doors toward crescent lake, there's a bunch of rooms on the left side of that sidewalk. Those would be pretty darn close to SAB, as SAB starts on the other side of the sidewalk, although you would have to walk around either to the entrance from the pool slide area or to the Beaches & Cream area to get in. The pool slide area would probably be the closer entrance, and if you could get a room in that area on the first floor, or even the second floor, you could get to the lobby really quickly and out to SAB within 1- 2 minutes I would think, using your regular door, not the sliding glass door, since you wouldn't want to keep that unlocked facing a busy sidewalk like that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter