Beach, beach, beach....and some CL too please :) The RC Queen's 2015 TR

No one would be incredibly surprised if I had a change to announce, right???? Good, I didn't think so....soooooo I really, really wanted to stay in that amazing suite at Portofino, but I know my girls (and little man) really would choose Hard Rock if given the choice...so what's a Mommy to do? Call Universal Orlando Resorts of course. Thanks to a very patient representative I booked Hard Rock Orlando 8/20-24 in a 2BR suite on the CL floor WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I haven't yet cancelled Portofino, since I want to talk to DH first. Which means time for a pros/cons list:
  • Hard Rock has the butterfly garden (yes that is a deciding factor lol)
  • Hard Rock is a close walk to the parks (like Beach Club)
  • Less SF than PBH, but an extra bedroom with a King bed (this may clinch it for the win)
  • My own perk.....an extra Beach Club night and not having to change resorts on my birthday

So I am posting a pic of DD7 Miss Bree, my Princess, Disney loving, roller coaster but too petite to get on the rides sweetie. DH sent this to me a few weeks ago....a hint, of course ;)
17019015449_b6edf10ac8_z.jpg

Gorgeous photo and I love that you get to stay extra at beach club for your birthday. Hard rock looks very cool so I'm sure you'll all love it

She is truly a sweetheart! She has been wanted to stay at the BC for years, it's funny she threw Universal into the mix at all....she's my Disney girl & DH swears it was all her idea to send me the pic LOL

Gorgeous photo and I love that you get to stay extra at beach club for your birthday. Hard rock looks very cool so I'm sure you'll all love it
Thank you, and DH is totally onboard with this change which is AWESOME!!!

Hi pas! Following.....

Love the pics of your family. They are getting so big! You have gorgeous kids (although I think Bree should have on a princess shirt :P)

Hi pas! Following.....

Love the pics of your family. They are getting so big! You have gorgeous kids (although I think Bree should have on a princess shirt :P)
:hug: Nice to have you here! Make no mistake, Bree will be swimming in her Cinderella suit :beach: We already have it!!(not pictured below, but I had to post another pic of the Princess) DSCI0686.JPG

No one would be incredibly surprised if I had a change to announce, right???? Good, I didn't think so....soooooo I really, really wanted to stay in that amazing suite at Portofino, but I know my girls (and little man) really would choose Hard Rock if given the choice...so what's a Mommy to do? Call Universal Orlando Resorts of course. Thanks to a very patient representative I booked Hard Rock Orlando 8/20-24 in a 2BR suite on the CL floor WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I haven't yet cancelled Portofino, since I want to talk to DH first. Which means time for a pros/cons list:
  • Hard Rock has the butterfly garden (yes that is a deciding factor lol)
  • Hard Rock is a close walk to the parks (like Beach Club)
  • Less SF than PBH, but an extra bedroom with a King bed (this may clinch it for the win)
  • My own perk.....an extra Beach Club night and not having to change resorts on my birthday

I know nothing about the Dark Side so I can't even begin to un/re-convince you. This all sounds good on paper, errr, internet, so what's there not to like about a two-bedroom CL suite? Is there much of a price difference? Does DH know yet?

So I am posting a pic of DD7 Miss Bree, my Princess, Disney loving, roller coaster but too petite to get on the rides sweetie. DH sent this to me a few weeks ago....a hint, of course ;)
So cute and no glasses? If anyone can take a hint, it's you - you had to change!

:hug: Nice to have you here! Make no mistake, Bree will be swimming in her Cinderella suit :beach: We already have it!!(not pictured below, but I had to post another pic of the Princess)

They are going to be the cutest bunch at SAB. Do they know it has a sandy bottom section?

I know nothing about the Dark Side so I can't even begin to un/re-convince you. This all sounds good on paper, errr, internet, so what's there not to like about a two-bedroom CL suite? Is there much of a price difference? Does DH know yet?

It came out cheaper (not tremendously much) to change (back to) Hard Rock. DH was all for the change, he loves all the resorts but HRH was definitely everyone's favorite. Except Brandon and I we fancy Portofino Bay. Last night he came home and realized it's only 4 nights at Universal, and 7 at WDW...ummmm I SAID THAT! Blame being at work, that's fine, but I had already cancelled Portofino and paid off BC too late my man (heehee)
So cute and no glasses? If anyone can take a hint, it's you - you had to change!
She's been not wearing her glasses, which her sisters totally called her out last week at the eye doctor.

They are going to be the cutest bunch at SAB. Do they know it has a sandy bottom section?
They are so excited about SAB, Bree has her Cinderella suit and little Brian has Star Wars, but the others are "too big" for Disney suits :guilty: Maddie will probably spend all the time in the sandy area, she's not a big fan of swimming but loves to play in the sand.

Thank you for all the kind words my DISfriends, my family is my world and they are awesome...even when I am ready to pull my hair out.

Did I ever introduce myself? My name is Jeanette, AKA Pas, Nurse Pas, Mommy (lol), any or all of the above. Nurse Perdue (I broke my foot a few years ago...two weeks before a trip of course, by dropping a frozen whole chicken on it :crutches:) . I am a Disney addict, and I am proud. I live, work, breathe Disney. As we speak I have a YouTube WS video on just to hear the background noise. Late last year my RC DISfriends (grumpygrandma, missoutandabout, and babyberger) introduced me to Swagbucks. You basically earn points from surveys and videos (kinda like Perk) and trade them for Target giftcards. Target sells Disney giftcards at 5% off..basically you are paid in Disney dollars. Is it time consuming, kind of BUT I opened a Disney vacation account to load my gift cards into and so far I have over $1000 from Swagbucks. This is our food money.

Speaking of food.....ADRs, my DH hates ADRs and TS meals. So I only have three, Cape May breakfast, Tusker House breakfast, and Via Napoli lunch. The breakfast ADRs are around 10am, and will break up the CL routine a little and give DH a chance to have his beloved Mickey waffles :D
How awesome getting the Disney GC from swag bucks I need to try that

How awesome getting the Disney GC from swag bucks I need to try that
It is the best Sheila :) It can be time consuming, because I get obsessive LOL However, if you are just chilling online or watching TV it's easy $$ they have Target, Amazon, Walmart, all sorts of eGiftCards.

Sorry I've been quiet here, not much time for the DIS unfortunately. I'm swamped with schoolwork, but this is the last 7 weeks so I have to "just keep swimming":fish:. Good news is I think I figured out what I want to be when I grow up....I will most likely be continuing onto my MSN for Clinical Education, thanks to a $15,000 scholarship from Jacksonville University. Even though I am not done, I am officially in the Class of 2015 and commencement was last Saturday. I watched it online...crying the whole time :sad: I am so emotional :rolleyes1

More good news.................DOUBLE DIGITS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 99 days until we drive to Florida!!!!!! 45 days until Online Check-in and Fast Passes :love::mickeybar:yay: I know my DISfriends understand my excitement:grouphug: ...back to my homework :faint:

Last edited:
Sorry I've been quiet here, not much time for the DIS unfortunately. I'm swamped with schoolwork, but this is the last 7 weeks so I have to "just keep swimming":fish:. Good news is I think I figured out what I want to be when I grow up....I will most likely be continuing onto my MSN for Clinical Education, thanks to a $15,000 scholarship from Jacksonville University. Even though I am not done, I am officially in the Class of 2015 and commencement was last Saturday. I watched it online...crying the whole time :sad: I am so emotional :rolleyes1

More good news.................SINGLE DIGITS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 99 days until we drive to Florida!!!!!! 45 days until Online Check-in and Fast Passes :love::mickeybar:yay: I know my DISfriends understand my excitement:grouphug: ...back to my homework :faint:

Awesome!! It's almost official!! I know you can do this! Can the trip to WDW be a partial write-off if you make a little stop in JAX for educational purposes? Maybe a conference with your counselor or diploma pick-up?

Before the single digit dance:rolleyes1, let's do a little double digit one...:yay::yay:

Awesome!! It's almost official!! I know you can do this! Can the trip to WDW be a partial write-off if you make a little stop in JAX for educational purposes? Maybe a conference with your counselor or diploma pick-up?

Before the single digit dance:rolleyes1, let's do a little double digit one...:yay::yay:
:hug:
Oh my.....time to go edit....:thanks: Yikes maybe I am working too hard :rolleyes: I told DH that regarding the tax write off...like perhaps interviewing for a job at Celebration Hospital :teacher:

How did I NOT know you had this going, my resort-changing friend?

I'm caught up now...just in time for me to leave for Disney on Sunday.

So you decided on the Beach Club. I wasn't a fan a couple of years ago, but was willing to give it a second try for our October trip, but I waited too late to try and change it. Perhaps another time.

I do love all your pictures from the previous trip.

How did I NOT know you had this going, my resort-changing friend?

I'm caught up now...just in time for me to leave for Disney on Sunday.

So you decided on the Beach Club. I wasn't a fan a couple of years ago, but was willing to give it a second try for our October trip, but I waited too late to try and change it. Perhaps another time.

I do love all your pictures from the previous trip.
I haven't 100% figured out the message/pictures/etc. part. Glad you found me Kathy :hug: I was supposed to be on a plane tomorrow morning, and I can actually say thank goodness I am not since I was just in the ED overnight for hydration. My kids were kind enough to share their stomach virus with me. Crazy since yesterday morning I was fine then WHAM! I can't wait to see and hear all about your trip!! The hubs and kids are so excited about BC, I am too, but they will not waver...no more changes they said. I also can't wait to do the BW as well and all the yummy snacks! Safe travels my friend!

:grouphug:Stopping in to say Happy Mother's Day to all the mommies on the DIS :grouphug:
A personal message to my sweet Sheila and Christine, I cannot imagine how bittersweet today is for you, know that you are both in my hearts today:hug:

On the WDW front, I am SO excited to see the ticker under three months. I've got no changes to report only that I can't wait :beach::jumping1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter