Beach at Fort Wilderness

Discussion in 'Camping at Disney World' started by BabyRN, Dec 26, 2009.

1. BabyRN

BabyRN DIS Veteran

Just a couple questions...I thought I saw somewhere that you have a view of the castle from the beach at Fort Wilderness and that you can see the fireworks in the distance...is that correct? Also, can you swim at the beach? Thanks for the info!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. BradyBz12

BradyBz12 1340.63 miles too far from the Fort

You can't see the castle from the beach, but you can see the fireworks - you just won't be able to see the lower stuff that takes place around the castle.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

There is no swimming in any of the lakes at WDW, including FW. Beach is still lovely for lounging though.

[​IMG]

4. DaveInTN

DaveInTN I'm Not The Castle Guy

And, they pipe the music onto the beach during the fireworks. :thumbsup2

5. freshlybarked

freshlybarked DIS Veteran

I think you can see the castle if you walk from the beach on a path towards the 300 loop. We discovered a view of the castle on our last trip, but it was not a fireworks night. I doubt if you can hear the music so it is a give and take. We have always watched from the beach and you can see lots of great fireworks from there.

6. ynottony99

ynottony99 Ask me about the Mickey Waffles!!!!!!!

This was taken from a ways on down past the East end of the Beach. I took this in Feb. of 2007, before the North Tower was built at the Contemporary, but I don't think it would obstruct your view.

[​IMG]