Be Our Guest or Chefs de France

dvdcrow

Earning My Ears
Trying to decide between Be Our Guest or Chefs de France for dinner. We have two granddaughters, ages 8 and 6. I like the menu at Chefs de France better, but I'm thinking the kids would like the atmosphere at Be Our Guest. Not sure if Chefs de France would be too "stuffy" for them. Anyone have any experience with either of these two restaurants?

Depends on when you are going BOG is booked up the whole week we are there in June:(. If you are far enough out you may be luckier than I was.

The atmosphere at BOG looks great. And i like the menu. I would give that a try since its new. I love chefs a lot thou, but i think the kids would like the atmosphere at BOG a bit better. Unless they're big fans of Remy, then i would go there.

Haven't been to BOG since it just opened, but we really did enjoy Chefs de France, plus there were great spots for viewing Epcot fireworks right after dinner.

For your granddaughters, hands down, BOG. The restaurant is absolutely magical! It is an amazing experience. The food is good, too. There is nothing magical about Chefs and the food is blah. Definitely book BOG for dinner. If you are still curious about Chefs, a lunch reservation is not hard to come by, but BOG is a MUST if you can get a reservation.

I think the food and atmosphere at BOG is superior to Chefs for adults and certainly would be for children. I've only dined at BOG once but I've done Chefs 5 times that I can recall. There's no question which one I'd choose for a 6 and 8 year old.

Having eaten at both, I can safely say Be Our Guest, and the choice is hands down, no questions. BOG is absolutely amazing, and the atmosphere is worth it alone. The food is really good too.

Chefs is good for more "authentic" food, but the atmosphere is nowhere near as awesome. With kids in tow, I'd say it's a no brainer for BOG

We ate at both of these places last week and I would HIGHLY recommend Be Our Guest for sure over Chefs de Frances.

Be Our Guest was just like being in the movie and our meals were wonderful. After we got to walk around and explore the castle and then get our picture with the master (the beast) afterwards. It was awesome. The Enchanted Tales with Belle is just beside it too and is a definitely must for the kids. It was by far my favourite attraction out of all of the parks.

Chefs de France, the food was not the best and the service was TERRIBLE. The kids enjoyed seeing Remy from Ratatouille but that was the only positive aspect of our meal. I was really quite disappointed and would not go back here again.

Enjoy your trip!

From my experience, Chefs WAS stuffy. Not just the atmosphere but the service too. With girls that age, I think its no question- Be Our Guest. Its still French inspired food so you'll have the best of both worlds...the girls would appreciate eating in Beasts Castle (and even having a photo op with him after dinner!) and you can have the nice french food!

Thank you, everyone, for all your advice. We managed to get a reservation for Be Our Guest for dinner on our last night in Disney. After all your comments, I'm really looking forward to it! Thanks again.

Thank you, everyone, for all your advice. We managed to get a reservation for Be Our Guest for dinner on our last night in Disney. After all your comments, I'm really looking forward to it! Thanks again.

Perfect! You will love it. :)

Perfect! You will love it. :)

Enjoy !!! We have been to "BoG" 5x so far--- all for dinner--- our DD6 fave !!
As others have said---- its truly magical !!! Like something out of a Fairytale !!!

Would not miss it for the world !!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!