? Be our guest lunch

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by DisneyMom2Boyz, Feb 3, 2013.

1. DisneyMom2Boyz

DisneyMom2Boyz Mouseketeer

Can anyone tell me if you can order one of the sanwiches plain? No mustard?
    I thought I read somewhere that you can't alter. I would really like to go there I hope they can! Thanks for any replies!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. DisneyMom2Boyz

Anyone????

4. Baby Pluto

Baby Pluto Under the Sea

I am not able to tell you definitely, but I would be very very surprised if they wouldn't allow you to remove the mustard. From my experience Disney service has always been above and beyond and I'm sure they'll find a way to accommodate your needs. Your best bet is to give them a call and ask!

5. jwfla422

jwfla422 DIS Veteran/Philly Native

No worries...YES you can ALTER, we were just there on Friday and dd didn't want the bechamel sauce on her sandwich and the CM showed us how to make a modification when you place your order.

I also wanted my dressing on the side and was able to change that as well. After you order your item there is a modification selection where you can alter that selection (no mustard or sauce on the side, etc). There is a CM at the kiosk who can help you with this option.:thumbsup2

6. DisneyMom2Boyz

Thank you! I read somewhere? That they don't modify. Thanks for the replies I really want to go for lunch, its the best menu for the kids.

7. jwfla422

I was surprised that we were able to modify our orders too. It is possible that they may not have allowed modifications when they first opened, I don't know, but I do know we were able to on Friday.:thumbsup2

8. t_daniels

t_daniels <font color=deeppink>They'll NEVER be replaced<br>

You should be able to ask for help from a cm near the kiosks, I think.

9. rebster

rebster Mouseketeer

They only allow some modifications. We ate there last week and wanted the mashed sweet potatoes with the meatloaf for my one year old. He has not quite learned to eat chunks of meat yet as his teeth were slow coming in. They could not make this change and refused to bring us mashed sweet potatoes at any point in time. We finally just purchased 2 kids meals to get stuff he could eat. They even tried to tell me my son would not choke on chunks of meat and to give it a try. I was mildly annoyed, but we ended up getting what we wanted...we just had to pay for extra food we didn't want to get it. No option to buy a side of sweet potatoes on their own either.

10. chloelovesdisney

chloelovesdisney DIS Veteran

We were there the middle of December and they were not allowing any modifications that day. And yes we did have a CM helping us order.

11. Twoboysnmygirl

Twoboysnmygirl DIS Veteran

Argh, this is hard because I understand that they don't allow substitutions being so busy and it would cause confusion, but I want to have a plan in place and I'm unsure what they will do.

So do you think that taking the HAM off of the sandwich (basically rendering it a grilled cheese) would be allowed? Has anyone tried to modify something to make it vegetarian?

My daughter is an adult on the QSDP and won't want the quiche or quinoa salad but if she gets the child meal won't end up with a cupcake apparently. (or a decent size drink). We REALLY want to eat there, just to see, but I need a plan for what we'll do when we get up there if they won't allow us to remove the ham from the sandwich.

Has anyone been able to successfully do this? I actually did talk to someone at Disney customer service, they called when I emailed about these issues but I did not ask specifically about BOG. Her suggestion was substitution and modifications, but since BOG seems to have different rules, I'm unsure what they will do.

12. baler31

baler31 DIS Veteran

BOG allows modifications, we have dined for lunch at least 10 times since it opened and have modified on every visit(including our Christmas thru New Years trip when it was ultra busy). All sauces such as mayo/mustard etc are able to be removed. Some items like lettuce, peppers etc. are not allowed for removal directly from the screen.

For PP's question about removing the ham.. I don't know you may be able to indicate that it is for dietary purposes and they may be able to make the change. Just keep in mind it is not like a grilled cheese, there is no butter on the bread just a pressed panini and the cheese is gruyere I believe with the bechamel.

13. jwfla422

I'll tell you what, as I posted early we were just there this past Friday and my dd ordered that sandwich (with the ham and cheese) and she WAS able to OMIT the bechamel sauce, she also wasn't sure if she liked the type of cheese and the CM showed us how to OMIT the cheese. I would think if you can skip the cheese (which is actually melted) you can skip the ham and leave the cheese, making a nice grilled cheese sandwhich.:thumbsup2 Keep in mind it is grainy bread that's served "panini" style. My dd didn't like it (she's 14).

I know some of the other posters mentioned you can't MODIFY but we were just there 3 days ago and they were allowing it. Now who's to say what the case may be when you're there. They could change things again.:confused3 I'd be surprised if they stopped allowing changes as I'm betting during the "test" phase this was probably a major issue.

14. sydneysmom

sydneysmom needing a vacation....soon!

very good to know! thank you for posting this!! :thumbsup2

15. MVC1225

MVC1225 Mouseketeer

On December 16th, we were not able to remove the lettuce from the steak and turkey sandwiches. We were at a CM kiosk not the self ordering and she said she can remove the butter/mustard/etc. but not the lettuce as it was not an option. We scraped it off at the table but that took a lot of the seasoned butter/mayo off as well so not the ideal solutiuon. I will try again this Friday to see if they can now remove it.

16. the who #3

the who #3 DIS Veteran

can't wait to try it.;)

17. baler31

baler31 DIS Veteran

As of the week of 1/24 that was still not an option. My DS does not care for lettuce so we typically just ask for it to be removed as frankly I hate waste. As you said he just removed it and some of the peppers as well as there were tons of those on the sandwich he had.

18. rmom

rmom Mouseketeer

I don't know about this restaurant but at some places it makes a difference if you say we don't want it vs can't eat it. We don't want it - you can take it off. Can't eat it - possible a allergic reaction. I learned this when ordering a hot dog with no bun at WDW. She asked if it was bacause we did not want the bun or if it was because of an allergy. If we had said we just did not want it, they woudl have just taken the bun off. Because we said it was because of allergies, they gave us one that never touched a bun.

19. chimilady

chimilady DIS Veteran

But wasting food also wastes money. Why give food away to people who don't want it? Sure it's just one piece of lettuce today, but couple that with all of the other people who don't want it, and you can shave off a couple heads of lettuce a day. Same for other items. :confused3

20. MVC1225

MVC1225 Mouseketeer

It was mainly a preference but after seeing it we noticed it is a lettuce mix and it may (in fact I think it does) have bell peppers mixed in which someone in our group can't eat. She did not have a reaction last time but it never even ocurred to us to say it was an allergy issue since we just thought it was lettuce.

21. TDC Nala

TDC Nala <font color=red>1937, what a year that was<br><fon Moderator

I've gotten the turkey sandwich without the mayonnaise. This was in December. December 11 was the precise date I believe.

I've also read from other reports here that on some days guests have been told they can't make ANY alterations for preference, only for allergy or dietary restrictions.