Be Our Guest Dinner

We were there last month also and both DH & I ordered the shrimp & scallops in puff pastry but requested all scallops instead of the combination. Our server tried to discourage us from doing that saying that it would take the kitchen longer to prepare and she could not guarantee that we could get it that way. We requested that she put in the request anyway and that we would accept whichever came out to us. About 5 to 8 minutes later our scallops in puff pastry were delivered to us. This dish was very yummy. This was the one Disney meal we felt rushed. I have read that BOG does try to turn the tables over as quickly as possible.

It wasn't until after we returned home that I realized I had forgotten to request "The Grey Stuff". And we even had all of our TS ADRs noted as "Celebrating our Anniversary.

smKBeastampB_zps21918176.jpg

Ate there last night, party of 9, 4 adults and 5 kids. I usually can find Disney magic in the smallest little details, but I felt BOG presented a challenge in the magic department. Also, I am generally not a complainer. I just want people to have an honest opinion. I just don't feel this place lives up to the Disney standard.

Service was mediocre. Had to ask for the grey stuff and was also told we could have it if we were celebrating something. She brought the 4 adults (we sat at a different table from kids) ONE portion. The portion is less than a tablespoon so I can't understand why it is such a big deal. It would be nice to offer each person a portion. This could be a small gesture that makes the experience unique. That's what I love about Disney afterall, they make the ordinary extraordinary and make you feel like they are happy to do it for you. I did not feel this way at this dinner.

We ate in the big dining room. It was very beautiful but I feel it lacked that something special Disney is known for. There were no special tableware to go with the theme as in Cinderella's Royal Table. The people who greeted us were moderately warm and gave their speech describing the restaurant so fast we missed most of it. It felt as though all of the employees were just going thru the motions. Every hour or so the beast was announced and he would walk thru the center of the dining room. He waved but never stopped to greet, etc.

Food was good, not great. We ordered the steak, shrimp and scallops, french onion soup, and the desserts. I wanted a salad, but mixed greens, tomato, and cucumber did not impress me. I can get that anywhere, anytime. I was hoping for something unique or at least more exciting.

Overall, I'm glad to have tried something new but I wouldn't spend the money to go again. Don't feel bad if you can't get a reservation and don't waste the money if you are looking for a fine dining experience. I'd go to the Royal Table instead. Hope this is helpful.

we had a lovely dinner there March 10. Our server was wonderful. Did not rush us at all. We had a special cake delivered for our sons 4th birthday. The server and manager took care of presentation and boxed it up for us at the end with no fuss at all. I was in awe of the snow falling. It was very cool. We were on the aisle that the beast walked down. He did not stop he did wave. Pictures were the only place we felt rushed. We had Photopass plus so I was a tad peeved at that. Our dinner time was 6:40pm. We would definitely do it all over again.

Ds8 has child's steak, my mother and I had the scallops and shrimp in the puff pastry and dh had ratatouille. Appetizers of leek soup. Timing of meal was perfect.

Reviews here made me nervous but it really was lovely.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Ate at Be Our Guest last Sunday for dinner and was very disappointed with the food - the adults had the pork and the steak and neither were that good. But, the atmosphere was amazing and I am glad that we at least experienced it once. Will try the lunch when we visit in October. We found all our meals to be disappointing compared to other visits. What happened??:(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter