Be Our Guest Dinner or Lunch

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by reefer2005, Jan 12, 2014.

1. Karbase8

Karbase8 DIS Veteran

Yes I was there in August 2013 and they also opened up the Rose Room for dinner.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. katt789

katt789 DIS Veteran

Obviously the biggest noticable differences are the change in menu and having everything brought to you, and the Beast being available for dinner.

That being said, I personally, much prefer dinner! As great as lunch is, the resturant seems more "regal" and it's a little quieter in there during dinner. I have seen the "library/portrait" room closed off during dinner most days, and once it was open and guests being seated in there.

Lunch is a little more hectic, faster, lots more people walking around taking pictures of everything. I found people at dinner didn't come around for picture taking as often, and seemed to be "better" about itÂ…if that makes sense? :confused3

I'd say do dinner, and if you love it, go back for lunch! :cool1:

4. reefer2005

reefer2005 Mouseketeer

I think I'll keep our dinner reservations...

5. PRomano

PRomano Mouseketeer

I just made a dinner reservation. Thanks for the information. I missed the 180 days, I just booked the trip. We are having dinner at 9:05 on our last night. I think it will be fine and at least we got in!

6. Itinkso

Itinkso Faith.Trust.Pixie Dust

Check around a month or two before you go because BOG releases more openings. This week, I was able to make a 5:40 dinner reservation for February 19th!

7. PRomano

PRomano Mouseketeer

Thanks I will do that. I figure at least I have something! 9:05 is late to eat,but I really want to try it!

8. KelleyK75

KelleyK75 DIS Veteran

This is good to know. I have been trying to get something for the last week of March and nothing ever comes up. I will keep trying. :)

9. CanadianPaco

CanadianPaco I miss my tags!

Same for me for the beginning of March!

10. roadtripper

roadtripper DIS Veteran

Also, if it's important to you, beer and wine seem to be only served at dinner based on the pre-order menu. That settled it for us;)

11. reefer2005

reefer2005 Mouseketeer

Some of the reports here lately haven't been too favorable for dinner. I've been reading a lot of post saying the food isn't all it's cracked up to be...

12. jiminyfan

jiminyfan Daddy, Dreamer and WDWnut

What are the portion size differences between lunch and dinner? French onion soup toe dollars more and the lamb is almost double for dinner.

Thanks

13. themommy

themommy Mouseketeer

Sorry to say I can not answer that about "main meals" but, the French onion soup is exactly the same. It just costs more at dinner. BTW....it is excellent! pixiedust: