BCV Dedicated 2BDR - location feedback kindly requested!

mathed101

Mouseketeer
We are a family of 5 with children ages 13, 8 and 4 and we have a dedicated 2BDR at BCV reserved for our upcoming trip.

If you have stayed in a dedicated 2BDR before at BCV, which room did you have and did you like the location as far as view or walking distance etc....

Thanks for the info! :goodvibes

I believe we were in room 268 - a Dedicated 2 BR at BCV. It was a nice room. The balcony was really long so you could walk out of the MB onto the balcony and walk all the way down to the 2nd BR balcony. Our view was of the quiet pool and the canal. It was a long walk from the check-in area; however, we were only a few doors down from the stairwell which led to the parking lot. It made accessing our van quite easy. Also, using that stairwell, it was a quick walk to the busses. After we learned the "lay of the land" we didn't feel far from the Marketplace or the check-in area either. We also found it a quick walk to Epcot's International Gateway by following the "back" sidewalk. We'd take that room again!

I've stayed in many 2BR units, which one is right for you will depend on what is most important to you, close to parking?, close to elevators?, illuminations view?, pool view?, close to main lobby?, upper floors or ground floor?.

If you give me more info I could suggest some room numbers to add to your reservation, but remember they are only requests and not gauranteed, but the more you request the better your chances of getting one.

Thanks for the feedback on 268. We were in 474 in 2004 (lock-off) and really enjoyed the view of the canal, turtles, and also the stairwell to the parking lot.

I've stayed in many 2BR units, which one is right for you will depend on what is most important to you, close to parking?, close to elevators?, illuminations view?, pool view?, close to main lobby?, upper floors or ground floor?.

If you give me more info I could suggest some room numbers to add to your reservation, but remember they are only requests and not gauranteed, but the more you request the better your chances of getting one.

Well, we would like a view of IllumiNations, we usually get an upper floor, pool view is okay, don't need to be close to the main lobby or elevators, although we valet park and that might be nice! :)

I would appreciate your room number suggestions! We'd only request because we could and not because we depended on anything to make or break our vacation. We're pretty okay with just about anything but we know that it doesn't hurt to ask!! ;)

Mathed, Quick question before I reply...

Is it a dedicated 2 bedroom with 2 queens in the second bedroom
or a dedicated with a queen and sleeper sofa in the second bedroom?

You probably have seen this web site, but in case you haven't take a look at DISer Diszip's Excellent Website

First with only ~25 villas there might not really be much of a choice the day you check-in. If everyone checked out uniformly over the week there would only be 3 or 4 villas open on your check-in.

OK, now with expectations in check. Don't make the mistake I did and request pool view. There are only a couple pool view rooms. Three to be exact; one next to the parking lot (I wouldn't want it), one over the canal (it's so-so), and one closer to the BC entrance. No wonder they didn't have one when I checked in!

I have stayed in 367. It was an Epcot/Road view room. It was nice watching the fireworks in our PJ's but that view of the road did detract from it.

I think that room 324 would have a lot going for it, but have never stayed in it so it is just my guess. You should be able to to see the fireworks but not the road. It is fairly close to the lobby/elevators. I have heard reports of the outside noise of laundry carts in that area.

If you didn't mind the road then 367, 353, 453, 553 would be good for the fireworks.

If you don't care about the fireworks then the courtyard view of 323 and 307 or the pool/canal view of 302 might be nice.

Thanks for the feedback on 268. We were in 474 in 2004 (lock-off) and really enjoyed the view of the canal, turtles, and also the stairwell to the parking lot.
)

I didn't notice this. We were also in this location in a 1 bedroom (172?) and liked it. The closeness to the self-parking lot was great! (no need for valet!).

The view of the canal from the other side of the building didn't seem so nice .... maybe it was those couple pieces of garbage floating around the water all week. Or the view of the bridge and cars bringing the everyday world into our vacation. Or the very little thump thump that we would could just slightly hear as the cars went over the junction in the bridge. BUT the fireworks were still great and it was nice seeing SSE all lit up all night.

Hi Lisa,

Thanks for the info on the rooms and the link. I have seen that floorplan before but didn't remember where I saw it!!

We stayed in 451 in '05 and the rest of our family stayed in 425, 427, & 428.
After looking at the floorplan again, I am wondering how 433 would be or even the courtyard views that you mentioned, but they aren't labeled as 2Q Dedicated. I think I read a post about 453 being a good view of the fireworks, but I'm wondering about the road view too. I don't think I'd like the road view too much. ;)

We'll be checking in fairly early on a Saturday morning so who knows what we'll be getting. The Friday night before is at the end of the higher season and was going for 72 points (close to the same amoutn we need for an AKV Concierge studio next June for 5 nights)! :confused3 Too much for us when we are arriving at dinnertime so we are staying offsite for the first time ever!

Hopefully, someone will stop by or back and reply about the other rooms mentioned.
Thanks again! :)

Looks like you were up later then I was!

You might not have noticed, but there are a number of room view pics that you can see from the table on the first page. You might want to just click through a few to get a feel of the different views even if it isn't a room that you would get. Diszip actually had the view for 433...

433 room view pics

The courtyard rooms 323 and 307 are 2Q rooms. Maybe you were looking at a different floor.

Lisa, you are so great! Thanks!

I was looking at the 4th floor. I did not notice the pictures of the view as I went straight to the floorplan. :goodvibes

I checked it out and the location and views from 324 would be great! I think I will probably put in a request for that room....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter