BCV bus troubles

MrsG

<font color=peach>We teachers ARE the worst!<br><f
We just returned from a beautiful week at BCV. The only downside was the bus to MK. Every time we wanted to go or come home from MK there was a huge line. One day we waited over 35 mins for a bus (and there were people at the bus stop before us!) It got so bad a few times that we took the bus to the Swan and Dolphin (those always came frequently) and walked to BCV!

On the upside, on Thurs (early opening at MK) there was a CM with a clipboard at the stop at BCV and another at MK stop on our way back. Our children who missed our bus from BCV waited over 40 mins for the next bus. They said that the people waiting at BC really gave the CM an earful. Hopefully this will help remedy the situation in the future. YB, BC, and BW on one bus at peak time is just ridiculus.

I had similar problems with transportation to the parks from BCV when we were on our vacation last year. We were at the bus stop at 7:00 am for EE to MK. The bus didn't come until about 7:45. By that time, the bus stop was very crowded and there were a ton of people left waiting for the next bus.
On the other hand, the bus to AK arrived promptly and we got to AK long before EE started.
But I've learned my lesson for next time I stay at BCV's!

The last time I saw someone with a clip board was over at Dixie Landings, at the time there was really no waiting time for a bus they came every 5 to 7 minutes. Years later after the clip board there is a sign about how it now could be 20 minutes waiting. A person with a clip board is there to see how much WDW can get away with regarding service, but maybe in this case, it might improve service which would be a change from the usual post clip board situation.

Have they changed the busses? When we were there last fall, the busses were serving Swan, Dolphin, Beach & Yacht Club & Boardwalk - all on one bus. The bus always hit BW last, I told Dh that I would have been upset, everytime those BW people had to stand because busses would fill-up @ S & D, the B & YC. S & D were always picked & dropped off first. I didn't think it was right, that they people who were spending that much money to stay at those resorts @ DVC resorts, had to share with Swan & Dolphin - that aren't actually WDW resorts. I'm not bashing S & D, I just didn't think it was fair for those especially those @ the BW.

I hope that has changed. We went 9/28-10/6 of last year, not a busy time & maybe they had consolidated bus routes, but I still felt, S & D should have a bus, B, YC & BW have a bus. JMHO:)

We were there this past May staying at the BCV and we were sharing busses with Swan, Dolphin, YC and the BWV. BWV always seemed to have a large crowd waiting for the bus and when it came not everyone always made it on the bus.

Just once out of 6 days did we share a bus with S&D and I think that might have been from AK or DD. S&W did not share a bus to MK. Keep in mind, we just returned and it is high season.

THis is SHOCKING?!!??

Anyone who has followed my trials with this issue knows that the above is said with tongue severely planted in cheek as I went around and around with DVC about this issue and supposedly they "fixed it" with splitting up the bus routes...I will be at the Beach club soon as you can see in my signature and I was supposed to get together for some ice cream or something with the DVC guy that I dealt with...to seal our friendship and salute the solving of the bus issues...so maybe this meeting needs to be a working meeting instead of a celebratory one....this really irks me that they are still doing this....

Paul

I just got back from BCV and I have to say for the most part we did not have to wait long if at all. Most days there was someone standing there with a clipboard and a radio.

I was upset with the times Swan and Dolphin were on the bus coming home from MK. It takes (seems like a half hour) so much time to get back to BCV. I felt bad for BWV people, they had to always wait - last on last off. I found it interesting looking at the bus stop signs when I was at AK or DTD or TL or BB. The other deluxes had one other resort listed they shared a bus with(AKL 1 only). We at BCV had the LONG list Swan, Dolphin, YC, BC, BW. I was trying to figure in my head how many rooms in each resort. The Swan and Dolphin did have their own during rush hours from MK. But, I really didn't experience any trouble with the buses the last 3 weeks. I must have been lucky.

Wait or no wait, I still feel like S & D need their own busses. Those hotels are large enough & then throw in 3 more resorts, that's just too much. The poor BW people, that was the one reason we had for not wanting to stay there for our next trip, we didn't want to have to worry about standing with our kids. There was a pregnant lady towards the front of the bus (she got on @ BW)standing & no one offered her their seat, we were towards the back but DH went to her & offered her his seat. It's just not fair, especially for those DVC owners to have to stand for S & D, which are not WDW owned hotels. Not fair, I sound like my 4 yr. old DD:)

I will be at the Beach club soon as you can see in my signature and I was supposed to get together for some ice cream or something with the DVC guy that I dealt with...to seal our friendship and salute the solving of the bus issues...

Paul- make sure your DVC friends buys your ice cream to make up for the large amount of bus traveling you will be doing.

Peak season has nothing to do with it- I was at BW the week before July 4th and also had the "long list" bus route for MK and AK. It wasnt the long wait that bothered us it was the in and out of EVERY parking lot, then the wait at each stop that got to us the most.

I was asked to complete a dvc survey and this issue was the only one I included as a major problem at BW.

I found a very simple solution to the bus problems at BCV, or any resort for that matter, it's called a rental car, especially with small kids and strollers. Been there done that, never again. Go where you want when you want. Try to go to a different resort for breakfast or dinner on the bus system, ever heard of "you can't get there from here". Having a car is worth every penny.

Skelooch, I SO agree with you. We always rent a car now and find it so convenient to hop to a different resort to eat and even go OFF SITE to grab groceries or a meal.

There have also been times that we needed to run to a pharmacy to get a prescription filled and were able to get that done quickly!

I refuse to be at the mercy of Disney transportation anymore

pinnie

Originally posted by skelooch
I found a very simple solution to the bus problems at BCV, or any resort for that matter, it's called a rental car, especially with small kids and strollers. Been there done that, never again. Go where you want when you want. Try to go to a different resort for breakfast or dinner on the bus system, ever heard of "you can't get there from here". Having a car is worth every penny.

Cast 2 more votes for a rental car.

We avoid the buses like the plague (sp?).

Love the Monorail, Trains, parking lot trams and the boats.

Well, maybe not the trams, but you can only see em at WDW!

I think they ran out of Pixie dust and so they had to use buses!

With a rental car you are back from the park and at the Bar/Pool/Bed when you woulda still been waiting at the stop.

Kinda like Walt said "Go first class whenever you can afford it"

We will have a car at the BCV (our own -we are driving)--but it seems like many people still recommend using Disney transport to the MK to avoid the TTC/monorail/boats---but at the Epcot resorts I really wonder if the problems there cancel out any advantage to using Disney transportation to the MK...thoughts anyone?

Paul

Originally posted by MrsG
They said that the people waiting at BC really gave the CM an earful. Hopefully this will help remedy the situation in the future. YB, BC, and BW on one bus at peak time is just ridiculus.

I highly doubt that, the person is part of Magic on Demand. And the shift if filled by someone at the front desk. So giving them an earful is not going to help one bit, before you starting yelling at the cm just ask them to radio for a Transportation manager instead.

We always have a car, we drive down, but still prefer to take the busses - our kids love them. The bus issue didn't bother me, we were @ BCV, I just felt sorry for those staying @ BW. Many of them could have been first timers to WDW (flew, no rental car - didn't think they needed one) & spent alot of $$$ to make it special & then found themselves standing on every bus. Like I said, it didn't really bother me, I just don't think it's right for 2 very expensive resorts & DVC resorts (people owning and paying dues) should have to share with 2 non-WDW resorts. I just feel S & D should have their own busses.

as an owner at the BWV -which we figured out from the budgets was paying in an inordinate amount for the transportation around the Epcot resorts this BW last situation bothered me too...so I complained and was told they had divided the buses one for YC/BC BCV and another for S and D and BW/BWV...this was earlier this year that they claimed this...(I have tried to search the forum for the relevant threads --but the Search function is not working...) as I understood this change it was in effect mostly during the peak hours....did they drop this and go back to the horrible system of the past which charges BW guests the same or more to support the system and treats them the worst?

Paul

Originally posted by PKS44
as an owner at the BWV -which we figured out from the budgets was paying in an inordinate amount for the transportation around the Epcot resorts this BW last situation bothered me too...so I complained and was told they had divided the buses one for YC/BC BCV and another for S and D and BW/BWV...this was earlier this year that they claimed this...(I have tried to search the forum for the relevant threads --but the Search function is not working...) as I understood this change it was in effect mostly during the peak hours....did they drop this and go back to the horrible system of the past which charges BW guests the same or more to support the system and treats them the worst?

Paul

I've read (don't know if it's true or not) that WDW is experiencing a severe shortage of bus drivers - seems they cannot hire them fast enough and that bus service in general isn't so great because of it.

That said, it seems that BWV/BWI guests just can't win on the transportation issue. Bus service is not very good and if you drive/rent a car, self-parking is an issue. :(
:( :(

Thanks goodness we can at least walk or boat to EPCOT and the Studios!

How many of you that stay at BWV's actually walk over to the Swan or Dolphin and catch the bus there? I've heard that some do this instead of waiting for the buses at BWV.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter