BCS Celebration? Teacher discounts?

ddiva

Mouseketeer
Any info on events for this upcoming Saturday? Also, are there currently any teacher discounts on tickets?

there are not any events this saturday. if you are a florida teacher, you can always checkout this website for discounts to universal, www.fldoe.org/foundationcoupon. however, i just checked it for you and there are not any promotions going on right now.

Just got the email, Uni is celebrating UF's victory this Saturday. Kind of short on details, but the UF cheerleaders will be there, along with "special guests," and there's free Gator facepainting from 10 to noon in IoA.

If you're an FSU or Georgia alum, might be a good day for Sea World, lol.

From Gatorzone.com :

Nat'l Championship Celebration at Universal Orlando Resort Saturday
Gainesville, Fla. - Wednesday January 14, 2009.

Universal Orlando Resort will honor the 2008 National Champion University of Florida football team this Saturday, January 17 with a day of celebration and Gator festivities at the theme parks, including special savings for all Gator fans.

Universal Orlando will become Gator Country as it hosts special Gator guests, the University of Florida Pride of the Sunshine marching band, cheerleaders and team mascots Albert and Alberta. The exciting day of celebration will include:

* Appearance by special Gator guests
* Photo opportunities with Albert and Alberta and the cheerleaders
* A victory parade at Universal Studios Florida
* Replay of last week’s BCS National Championship game at Finnegan’s Bar & Grill at Universal Studios Florida
* Free Gator face painting

Gator fans wearing Orange and Blue on January 17, 2009, can save $25 off a 1-Day/2-Park ticket or save $20 off a 1-Day/1-Park ticket when purchased at any Universal Orlando theme park front gate ticket window.
Schedule of Festivities
10 a.m. - noon Free Gator face painting at Islands of Adventure
11:00 a.m. Photo op with cheerleaders and mascots at Islands of Adventure
3:00 p.m. Gator victory parade at Universal Studios Florida
3:30 p.m. Pep rally ceremony at Universal Studios Florida

Might want to avoid Universal that day if you're not a Gator fan. Gainesville is only 90 minutes away so it will be packed.

There might not be any teacher discounts, but there are discounts for teachers wearing the Orange & Blue.

I would avoid going saturday. It will be busy and if they are still running the rides w/ less staff for the entire day. I wouldn't be surprised if there was 2 hr + waits.

I would avoid going saturday. It will be busy and if they are still running the rides w/ less staff for the entire day. I wouldn't be surprised if there was 2 hr + waits.
No kidding! I'm not going anywhere NEAR Universal this Saturday! :rolleyes1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter