BC vrs BLT

1234lucky

Mouseketeer
I am debating between BC and BLT for an upcoming trip. We'll have two families and are looking at a two bedroom.

I know BLT has a third bathroom which is a plus.

But in terms of location and amenities anyone who's BTDT? On the one hand with school aged kids, easy access to MK from BLT would be great. On the other, with hoppers, our dining choices seem better at BC with the east access to EP. And the BC pool looks fantastic.

I love Beach Club and would stay there again in a heart beat, walking access to the back entrance to World Showcase is also awesome... having said that, the reason we are booking BLT for the second trip in a row is 100% walking access to the MK. If going through the T&T wasn't such a hassle if you are going early morning or staying until park closing I would probably pick BC. For us, the value of not getting caught in the cluster of getting to / out of MK is well worth it.
Also BLT is very nice. You have access to everything at the Contemporary in a short walk (including switching between both resort pools) and I do actually like the modern theme there unlike some others.

Edit: Also keep in mind that we always rent a car when we go, so that direct parking at all the other theme parks is an advantage for us.

Be aware that at BLT you probably can get a dedicated two bedroom villa. That would mean the second bedroom would have two queen beds. At BCV, there are only 25 dedicated two bedroom villas that have two queen beds. All the rest have one queen bed and one double sleeper sofa. Also, at BLT, there are two different configurations depending on if you are outside the C or inside the C. Inside the C, the laundry room will be a separate room with tons of storage space, but the dining area will be a bit smaller with no tall chairs at a counter. Outside the C, the laundry room will be a closet but you will have a counter that you can sit at with tall chairs/stools.

We did a split stay at BC/BLT back in 2011. Both are great choices. We had a studio with an awesome balcony at BC that overlooked the quiet pool, then we stayed in a 1 bedroom at BLT. I think the kids were happy at both, but BLT felt more luxe. It was new at the time while BC was pre-renovation and was a bit worse for wear.

We had the QS dining plan and found the choices at BLT to be decent. Also, there's a covered walk way from BLT to the Tower. Other amenities not found at BC: watching fireworks from Top of the World Lounge; seeing Electric Water Pageant from your balcony (if you have a lake view); walking to MK; very compact resort; easy parking right in front of building (nice if you drive or rent a car); monorail going by is just awesome; splash pad at both Contemporary pools is a blast for kids. Features of BC: better theme for kids; more laid back vibe; walk to EP.

Note that Top of the World is only available to DVC members staying on points; if you're renting points or using CRO, TOTW is not an option.

BC would be my choice for location and all the dining options available. The atmosphere is great especially at night, and I'm sure your kids will love the pool!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter