BC instead of POR want some comparisons

tcherjen

DIS Veteran
So the bad thing about reading and looking at pictures is that you tend to change your mind.;) So I am trying to decide if we should stay at BC instead of POR. Granted it will be 900 dollars more during our stay, I am loving the look of BC. We are going during busy season. Just wanted disers that have stayed at both to give me the lowdown on which one might be better.

I have only stayed at POR but I'm going to try to help anyway. I have a very bad habit of changing my mind, that's in everything I need to decide on in life, so I know what you're going thru. About POR it is a beautiful resort. It has a nice main pool and quite a few "quiet" pools that prob won't be so quiet if you're going at a busy time. The amenities we liked were the boat to DTD, the boat rentals, the Yee Haw Bob entertainment in the evenings and just the beautifully landscaped grounds. We also loved to do Boatwright's breakfast and they have since taken that away :confused3 don't know why b/c it was sooo good. We eat twice a day, usually a nice breakfast and a big dinner, so not having a convenient sit-down breakfast at our resort kinda bums us out. One thing I found to be a prob at times (we usually go at moderate to lower crowd times) is that the buses can get crowded. We learned quickly to take taxi's for the saving of our nerves. That is when they were over crowded...
As far as BC goes, friends of ours go there on a regular basis. They are middle aged adults w/o children in case that would matter in any way. They absolutely love this resort. They said the pool is there favorite part. The convenience to Epcot and HS and the Boardwalk is wonderful as well. There are alot of food choices in the immediate area with WS a walk away and the other close-by resorts. I don't know if you are taking children along or not, but even if you are I would think between the 2 choices you've given I would have to give my vote to BC. as long as the $900 won't set you back I would go for the Deluxe....:goodvibes

The BC is great! It is one of my favorite resorts!!! It has the best pool on property - SAB. It is also in such a great location. You are in walking distance to EPCOT/HS. You can also walk over to the BW - which has a lot of fun things to do. The Bc itself is amazing. Great atmospher, food, shops, amenities. :goodvibes - oh how I would love to be there now.......

So I know it is a lot more money - but I think you would enjoy it more then POR. I have never stayed there before but Bc would win out for me!

Good Luck deciding!!!!

-FantasiaMagic pixiedust:

Thanks guys!! It is so tough trying to decide where to stay. I was sold on POR, until I read the resort page and saw BC. Uggg it is tough trying to decide.

It is my opinion that POR is one of Disney's best kept secrets. If you had me stay at every resort and then rank them in order of how much I would pay to stay a night, POR would definitely be up there with the "deluxe" resorts. The overall look/grounds is right up there with the best of the Disney resorts. The only thing that bumps it down a category is the fact that the rooms aren't quite up to "deluxe" standards, and the location isn't right near a park.

The thing that sells me on Beach Club is location. We have stayed at the Boardwalk and Dolphin several times (both next door), and for our family, that is the best location in all of Disney. I love the vibe in that area.

You can do a lot with that $900, though.

Thanks guys!! It is so tough trying to decide where to stay. I was sold on POR, until I read the resort page and saw BC. Uggg it is tough trying to decide.

Btw, have you looked at www.allears.net yet? Click on Accommodations then page down on the left and you will see all the resorts. Click on your choice then look at the photo gallery. Lots of pics and info on this site. it has every WDW restaurant menu including resorts and just about anything you might want to know...;)

I have stayed at both, and love them both. They both give you a different "feel" to your vacation. I have to say, I'm a little sad that we are not visiting por this summer. It is a great resort... As is bc.

I have stayed at both POR and BC and I much prefer BC. It was more my style and I felt like it offered more.

tcherjen said:
So the bad thing about reading and looking at pictures is that you tend to change your mind.;) So I am trying to decide if we should stay at BC instead of POR. Granted it will be 900 dollars more during our stay, I am loving the look of BC. We are going during busy season. Just wanted disers that have stayed at both to give me the lowdown on which one might be better.

I have stayed at neither... so take this with a grain of salt! :-) But I narrowed it down to BC, Poly, or POR. I eventually ruled out Poly, where we have stayed once before for our first trip, because it was just SO much more $. You didn't give many details as to your situation, but my DH and I have three kids (11, 9, 6.) I chose POR for its lower cost, smaller pool which will be easier to watch our kids in, better QS restaurant on site, and I figured it would be best to try it now, before our kids start getting too big to put one in the Murphy bed. Plus, it just looks lovely. We plan to try BC in a couple of years on our next visit. I am excited about the boat to DTD, carriage rides, Yee Haw Bob, and our river view room.
BC has a huge fan base, so you will find lots of encouragement and would surely love that too.

We have not stayed at either... but we took the boat from DTD to POR last year and found it to be incredibly beautiful. We usually stay offsite in a large condo, but just can't resist the grounds of POR - so we will be there in just 10 days.

Our trip for 3 adults Stay/Play/Dine is only $1700, plus $600 in airfare. $900 extra is nearly 40% more for the whole trip! I would rather save the money so we can go again next year. YMMV!

I have stayed at both. If you want to spring for a deluxe, BC is the place to be. Proximity to Epcot and DHS, SAB, the Boardwalk. If you want to be more conservative financially, I'd go for POFQ. My favorite moderate. POR just wasn't my thing. I love the small size of POFQ. And the theming is perfect.

My 2cents, lol we stayed at POR and our next trip is to BC. We can't wait. POR is a pretty resort but is just to big for us. I did feel like we were on a vacation because of the theming (we r englanders) the BC /YC will feel a lot like home but with everything so close. It's worth it. I have the buses, and with BC u can walk to 2 parks or over to BW for the night. Totally worth the extra $$

I have stayed at both with 2 young kids. POR is truly beautiful and we enjoyed walking the grounds and the food court. We would stay there again someday if our budget didn't allow otherwise. However, BC is our all-around favorite resort. It's really hard to beat the convenience of walking to Epcot, walking or boating to HS, walking to mini golf, having the boardwalk right there, Espn Club, Beaches & Cream for great ice cream treats, the amazing pool.... All of those conveniences make our trip that much better.

Have you ever considered renting point for BC? It woud probably make it right around the same price as POR. POR is really nice. I enjoyed staying there. It is very pretty and the way everything is postioned it feels quiet almost all the time. I have not stayed at BC but hope to eventually. BC will offer more amenities and has a much nicer pool. That is why Disney charges more.

The thing that sells me on Beach Club is location. We have stayed at the Boardwalk and Dolphin several times (both next door), and for our family, that is the best location in all of Disney. I love the vibe in that area.

You can do a lot with that $900, though.

We've never stayed at POR, but have stayed many times at BC, BW, and lately at S/D. Totally agree that the Epcot resorts are my favorite location in all of WDW, and the BC is probably my favorite of the Epcot resorts. However...I also agree that $900 goes a long way to spend on other things.
Tough call. In the end, just go with your gut and don't second guess it.

We narrowed our choices down to these two last year and settled on the BC. The BC was very nice, but we didn't really utilize SAB enough to get the value of having the "best pool" on the Disney properties effect. We also found a negative with the closing time of the Marketplace. We were often returning back to our room around around 11:00 to 11:30 (leaving the parks at closing time), and the Marketplace closed at 11:00. We wished there would have been an option (later than the Marketplace) for refilling our mugs and/or getting a snack on the way from the bus to our room at night. The Marketplace offered great food option, but it is not open late enough.

We are a family who really only uses the room for sleeping, showering, and getting dressed. Although the BC was extremely nice, we did not love it enough to justify the additional cost over POR. We are now considering POR or Poly for our October 2013 trip. We did feel like the access to the monorail would be advantageous to us as well as the 24 hour food option at the Poly is why we are considering it now. It wouldn't shock me if we end up in POR though, because it's hard to justify the additional cost for a deluxe for us when we spend most all of our time away from the resort.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!