BBB-princess cotton dresses?

Discussion in 'Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies' started by mom2rm, Oct 5, 2012.

1. mom2rm

mom2rm Mouseketeer

My DD is going to BBB for the 2nd time. The first time, she wanted her beautiful Belle dress off the minute after she was done at BBB because it was so itchy and scratchy. She wants to go again but not with that kind of dress. Just wondering if anyone knows where I can find a Cotton princess dress?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. auralia

auralia DIS Veteran

I got dd some beautiful ones on etsy just search it they start at 30$ I did a package of 3 dresses for 100$

4. parkhopping

parkhopping DIS Veteran<br><a href="http://www.disboards.com/s

5. Blessed_wth_Triplets

Blessed_wth_Triplets DIS Veteran

Almost $200 for a cotton dress?!?! Seriously crazy.

6. kristainohio

kristainohio Mouseketeer

Not cotton, but we have several nancy August dresses (nancyaugust.com) and they are beautiful! They are all satin and not itchy like the park ones. My very picky daughter loves hers! We have worn several to the parks and received tons of compliments!

7. Tented1

Tented1 Mouseketeer

Thanks for this great site I found long gloves to go with my DD9's Cinderella formal!

8. daraddg

daraddg DIS Veteran

I found cotton dresses on etsy too, they weren't big princess dresses they were sun dresses with disney fabric(one had princesses the other mickey mouse) and wore tiaras and my daughters were much happier in those.

9. ladeeesquire

ladeeesquire Mouseketeer

If you really wanted for your dd to be able to choose a dress from BBB, the minnie mouse one is mostly cotton. I think the bodice is the only part that is polyester but it is quite stretchy. Overall, my dd found this dress to be very, very comfy!

10. DsnyMama

DsnyMama DIS Veteran

We are taking 6 princess dresses this trip and each one was from the same ebay seller for $19.99 each. They are very high quality, beautifully made, and best of all - no itchy. The ones that have crinoline type material are lined so that there's nothing itchy at all.

11. Sphinx610

Sphinx610 DIS Veteran

Which eBay seller??? Are there more???

12. mom2rm

mom2rm Mouseketeer

Can you tell me specifically which ones on the etsy site?
    Thanks for all your responses!

13. WsPrincess

WsPrincess DIS Veteran

I have actually bought things from 3 different people and been so happy with each one. This lady (sunshineangelalways on ebay) made DD the most beautiful Cinderella dress (it is listed in her store) and she was able to wear it for 2 trips. Super well made.

I also ordered skirts for DD and 2 of her friends. All 3 girls got so many compliments and DD loves wearing the skirts even just around they are nicely made and a fun twirl design. Her shop is on ebay (mamawing5). She also made a larger version for my tween niece so she can coordinate with the younger little girls.

Finally I just ordered minnie dresses to match for DD and my niece for our next trip. She did take a little longer to make them and get them shippedbut they turned out really cute. She is on etsy and Facebook

14. luvmy2babies

luvmy2babies DIS Veteran

There are many options. I should say we didn't get anything from BBB.

My dd had a formal gown I ordered off ebay from 87sweetgirl. We used that for BBB and CRT. She just picked a formal gown in her favorite color. This was the 2nd dress we got from this seller. She wore a camisol under the top, but the bottom is lined with satin.

[​IMG]

She also had a twirl skirt for touring and there are several sources for those on ebay and etsy. The one she is wearing is Ariel themed, but there are a lot of varieties.

[​IMG]

She also had 2 pillow case dresses. I love those. She had one princess one she wore to Akershus and one Minnie Mouse one she wore to Chef Mickey's.

I love these because you can wear them with a turtleneck and pants when it is cooler or use it as a tunic as your child grows, so it can last for 3 years depending on the age of your child.

If you put pillowcase dress in the search box on either ebay or etsy, you should get some nice choices.

[​IMG][​IMG]

She mentioned that next time she might want a tutu skirt and a fun shirt, so I'm looking at those in various lengths for our next trip.

15. Mickey Fliers

Mickey Fliers (Not so)Tagless<br><font color=blue>"Sometimes you

16. albarellic

albarellic Mouseketeer

I bought a Cinderella costume from the Disney store online before our first trip that my DD said itched. I used a cotton camisole/undershirt from Hanes under it and she said it wasn't itchy anymore. If you already have a costume you want to use and don't want to spend more- a pack of camisole costs about $6 from Target or Walmart.

17. cmh314

cmh314 Mouseketeer

My daughter has these same dresses (Cinderella and Snow White). We purchased them on amazon for just under $30. They are very lightweight and comfortable. Because they're so lightweight, without all the puff, they take up practically no room in the suitcase (or backpack if DD gets tired of wearing it and wants to take it off during the day) and the fabric is nice for days when its super hot at the parks.

Also, the BBB has a newer package called the "Courtyard." It is priced between the crown and castle packages. It includes the hair, nails, make-up and they get to pick out a fancy tutu. Maybe that would be more comforatble paired with a cute t-shirt than one of their princess dresses. I believe the package is priced at $89.95.