• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

BBB, allergy and ingredient questions

stellaxzwang

Earning My Ears
Would like to take DD for a BBB makeover at Disney World. But cant find any information on the makeup/gel they use. I called several numbers and nobody can get me directly to BBB.

Anyone has run into this before, and has an ingredient list for their hair gel and spray / lipstick / eye shadow / nail polish? I am not too worried about the nail polish. But the others do!

Thank you for your help!

I don't have a list for you, but if your DD has any sort of skin allergies I wouldn't do it. My DDs have slight skin allergies and I won't let them near BBB just from the stories I've heard from random moms and their DDs experiences with breaking out and burning skin and eyes when taking it off.

If you bring your own, they will use it. Last year other parents were bringing in their own "stuff" and there didn't appear to be a problem with it. Mostly hair related (tiara, hair spray, sunscreen before the makeup). I would double check when you make a reservation but it's the best way to know. You are paying for the primping and styling anyway so it shouldn't matter. My oldest has food allergies and all we had to do was say "food allergy" and they were very accomodating with us bringing our own stuff or making something separate around Disney.

Thanks! It's such a time suck and we have a short trip - 4.5 days. I am starting to formulate excuses to talk DD out of doing this. I really don't need the stress of worrying if she is going to have a reaction to the stuff they use. DD has eczema but mostly induced by sweating or contaminated food. But she is highly allergic to all nuts, milk, wheat, egg, sesame, and coconut... I actually special ordered cosmetics for her ballet recital.

If it helps any what they use is just slightly better than Dollar store makeup. It's not made with more expensive, non-allergenic ingredients. I would not expect much from it and if she breaks out easy I would pass on their makeup for sure. I bet you'll find it hard to get an ingredient list because they likely change suppliers often since it's not special products.

I totally get your concern with your nut/seed allergies as these are both dietary and through the skin and can be life threatening. This is a long shot, but have you tried calling the Special Diets team and asking if they can refer you to the right person?

Failing that, the suggestion above to bring your own and just make them aware of the reason beforehand should not be a problem at all - especially if it's allergy related

Yes I did call the special diet line - they don't have any information on it. I am seriously thinking about just cancel the appointment and let DD spend more play time at MK (our apt is at Downtown and it is really a hassle).

Does the BBB at the castle let you go inside and buy their merchandise? If so, I can let her get some accessories for the princess dress she chooses to wear for the CRT - should keep her happy...

Yes I did call the special diet line - they don't have any information on it. I am seriously thinking about just cancel the appointment and let DD spend more play time at MK (our apt is at Downtown and it is really a hassle).

Could you get a tiara and some hair clips and things before you go and surprise her with them one morning before you go to MK, and give her a makeover yourself? Then she could go choose her dress and still feel the part :) You could use the money saved to splurge on her with some other nice things and make it a really special experience for her :)

Could you get a tiara and some hair clips and things before you go and surprise her with them one morning before you go to MK, and give her a makeover yourself? Then she could go choose her dress and still feel the part You could use the money saved to splurge on her with some other nice things and make it a really special experience for her

Yep I am leaning that way more and more. Allergy, availability, timing all things points to no BBB this trip. Now let's see if I can talk her out of it :scratchin

Does the BBB at the castle let you go inside and buy their merchandise? If so, I can let her get some accessories for the princess dress she chooses to wear for the CRT - should keep her happy...

They sell the stuff in the shop across from BBB, not in the castle. It's the same location as the photographer that does the post makeover photo shoot. So you can buy anything you want over there.

I know that at least last year, a lot of the stuff they used on the hair was available at Sally Beauty Supply. The detangler is Silken Child Leave in Detangler. I think you can find the ingredient list for that online at Sally's website. We were looking for that product specifically because it really worked on DD's hair when they used it at the BBB. I don't know what the other products are, but I can tell you whatever the gel is, they use a ton of it. You might search the web for recent BBB photos that show the products on the table next to the salon chair. Often you can see the brand names of the items sitting on the tables in the photos (we remembered what the bottle looked like and could see it in our pictures, but we had to get online to find a picture where the bottle faced where we could see the bottle name). The only thing about that is, there isn't any guarantee that they might not change suppliers or products before your trip.

I know that at least last year, a lot of the stuff they used on the hair was available at Sally Beauty Supply. The detangler is Silken Child Leave in Detangler. I think you can find the ingredient list for that online at Sally's website. We were looking for that product specifically because it really worked on DD's hair when they used it at the BBB. I don't know what the other products are, but I can tell you whatever the gel is, they use a ton of it. You might search the web for recent BBB photos that show the products on the table next to the salon chair. Often you can see the brand names of the items sitting on the tables in the photos (we remembered what the bottle looked like and could see it in our pictures, but we had to get online to find a picture where the bottle faced where we could see the bottle name). The only thing about that is, there isn't any guarantee that they might not change suppliers or products before your trip.

The gel spray is BB pump it up styling spritz. Just had it done yesterday. It's about $4 at Walgreens. Cheap stuff

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter