Bay Lake Tower-Cell Phone/Wi-Fi Question

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by CNYDisneyFan, Mar 10, 2014.

1. CNYDisneyFan

CNYDisneyFan DIS Veteran

I don't know if there's already a topic on this or not. Unfortunately, I can't use the search option. How's the cell phone reception at Bay Lake Tower in the rooms? Also, is there free wi-fi or no? Thanks.:surfweb:

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. TigrLvsPooh

TigrLvsPooh Planning WDW Trips Obsessively

I thought the wifi there was just as good as the other resorts. It can vary from time to time, seems like evenings are always the slowest. Cell phone reception can vary also, I have verizon and I've always been fine on property.

4. rock_doctor

rock_doctor DIS Veteran

WiFi is good in the common areas as well as over at the Contemporary (as it is at most of the resorts). You can get it at the CR pools and docks but poor at the BLT pool. The room WiFi is ok but as said towards dinner and after you can just about for get about it. You will connect but will be pushing less then dial up speeds.

Cell reception depends on your service. I have sprint with is nearly worthless, you can get it but under specific conditions. For example, if you are in the BLT parking lot no service... You may be able to eak out a call but no data. Plan to use a lot of WiFi.

5. cluvsdisney

cluvsdisney DIS Veteran

Our stay there was almost 2 years ago, so I don't know if service has improved but the wi-fi was slow during peak in-room times - first thing in the morning and in the evening. Mid-day and later at night was no problem.

I never have good cell phone service in the rooms and usually stand near or on the patio/balcony while I'm using the phone. Our carrier is AT&T.

6. CNYDisneyFan

CNYDisneyFan DIS Veteran

Thanks. If it makes any difference, I use Verizon for my cell phone carrier.