Bay Lake and cremains

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by Cruella 66, Dec 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cruella 66

Cruella 66 DIS Veteran

Okay, I hope this is in the right spot and I don't mean to offend anyone. Does anyone know if Disney allows cremains to be deposited in Bay Lake or Seven Seas Lagoon? Is there a phone number or email address I could ask? Thanks!

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. SyracuseWolvrine

SyracuseWolvrine Hockey Fanatic

No, it's not allowed.

According to US Code, Title 40, Part 229, Section 1 (http://ecfr.gpoaccess.gov/cgi/t/tex...&view=text&node=40:24.0.1.3.23.0.17.1&idno=40), the burial of human remains may take place at sea, provided it is more than 3 nautical miles from land.

There is no place in either Bay Lake or Seven Seas Lagoon where you would be 3 nautical miles from land. (Completely ignoring the fact that both of those bodies of water are private property, and the landowner in all likelyhood, would not give permission)

4. Sammie

Sammie DIS Veteran

Even though people do this on Disney property, it is not allowed by Disney.

5. maddhatir

maddhatir Disney lovin' Harley gal....or is that Harley lovi

I told DH to sprinkle a little of my ashes in the Seven Seas Lagoon.

Permission? Just hop on the ferry and sprinkle away- who is going to know:rolleyes:

6. Cruella 66

Cruella 66 DIS Veteran

Thanks!!! I appreciate the information!

7. CanadianGuy

CanadianGuy <font color=green><br><br><font color=blue>Me and

As has been noted, this is not permitted under law.

Add to that it has come up before and Disney does not permit this.

People have been caught in the past and you wanna talk about embarrassing.. and the end result is that the remains are vaccuumed up and thrown in the garbage (on land) or if in a water attraction they end up disposed of when the water circulating in the attracting is filtered and eventually changed out on a somewhat regular basis.

And the last place I would wish to be my final resting place is the heavily polluted Bay Lake. How disrespectful and frankly, kinda gross to think about.

This thread is closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.