Basking in the Glow of the (not so) Creepy Clown -2/11-Pictures, Final Thoughts, PTR!

Discussion in 'Completed Trip Reports' started by brookelizabeth, Sep 12, 2010.

1. brookelizabeth

brookelizabeth <font color=red>Jambo Wildbunch Gang<br><font colo

Continued from previous post

After only about 10 minutes Joe came out with Henry, I was surprised! Henry was actually ready to leave! :eek: Of course the dump shop distracted him a tad so we were there for a few more minutes!

[​IMG]
    This was a neat book, we almost bought it and even took a pic of the ISBN in case we changed our minds later. We didn't, but it might come home with us this time.

[​IMG]
    Yummies!

After we left the dump shop we didn't really have any sort of agenda. Since the DIS Meet wasn't going to happen, we had nothing going on until 4 pm for Welcome Home Wednesday (a DVC program at the Boardwalk). Joe wanted to ride Mission: Space, but felt a bit bad because he knew I did NOT and Henry couldn't. I told him not to worry about it, Henry and I would hang in the dump shop or find something to do, we'd connect via phone if necessary.

So that's where we headed!

[​IMG]
    Seriously. I love you palm trees and blue skies!

[​IMG]
    While I don't like the ride, the building is amazing!

The wait time on the orange side said something around 145 minutes. :scared1: No WAY could that be right when Test Track was only 20! We verified with a CM, and he confirmed.

Once inside I found a little gem that I had no idea existed! A playground!! In case you haven't seen it, it's a small area, but enough to keep kids entertained during a Ride Swap.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Henry is a pretty timid kid. There was one tube that went above the open area that adults could sit in. I encourage him to go up there and look down at me, but he refused time and time again.

[​IMG]
    Looking up the stairs that led to the high tube.

He met a few other kids, and one was a bit older. He eventually followed her right up into that tube-I don't think he quite realized what he was doing.

At first, he was fine...
    [​IMG]

But then I heard the cries.

He froze up in there and wanted out NOW. I tried to encourage him to crawl toward my voice as I twisted my body around the stairs...but it wouldn't work. THANKFULLY the kid older girl assisted him out...she was sooooo sweet, telling Henry he would be okay, his Mommy was right here, etc. :lovestruc

Tears were soon kissed away and he was back to playing.

Within the next few minutes Joe came walking out with a big smile. The ride was better than he had remembered! (which in my world means even more intense! :sick: No thank you!)

We explored the area a bit and found

[​IMG]

We HAVE to do this!

And it was a video postcard!

[​IMG]

When we got back to our villa I recorded it off the computer...

Yes, I'm a dork.

The Sprinkler, 18 seconds

After our ridiculous video was made and sent we moved on into the dump shop.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    So cute!

Outside Henry spotted a splash area

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

However, the sun in that spot was just brutal and the stand-up sprayer things weren't on. We convinced Henry we had to go before Joe and I melted into the pavement.

We had absolutely no agenda.

It was pretty awesome.

My fountain was doing her thing again...

[​IMG]

The palm trees were beautiful, as always...

[​IMG]

And Epcot was...EMPTY!

[​IMG]

Of course as we meandered, Henry spotted the other splash area, but this one had the stand-up sprayers ON, so we complied for a bit.

[​IMG]

Eventually we moved on to Mexico

[​IMG]

Continued in next post

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. brookelizabeth

brookelizabeth <font color=red>Jambo Wildbunch Gang<br><font colo

Continued from previous post

[​IMG]
    It would be kinda fun to collect the characters all dressed up in their World Showcase garb.

Henry tried on a tiny sombrero, as always.

[​IMG]

And we decided to ride the Mexican Small World. I don't know the real name of this ride. Something Fiesta, 3 Amigos...right? Wait, 3 Callebros. Right??? :rolleyes:

[​IMG]
    His neck looks sunburned in this pic, but he wasn't...odd!

[​IMG]

Whatever it's called, it's cute and we all like it!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

We enjoyed toodling around the Mexico pavilion so much we decided we needed to eat there.

[​IMG]
    The little kiosk-this is gone now I believe.

The menu was limited, but both Joe and I found what we wanted.

Me
    [​IMG]
    I heart guac!

Joe/Henry
    [​IMG]
    Cheese quesadilla, rice and beans.

We sat on a bench devouring this goodness. Everything was AMAZING. So, so good! The cheese quesadilla and guac were my favorites. I hope they are that good at the new CS!

This was our view.

[​IMG]
    Not too shabby! (minus the bird begging for food...:headache:)

It was getting later in the day, so we decided we would go back to the Boardwalk to relax, nap, pack, etc before Welcome Home Wednesday.

On our way we stopped at one of the gift shops in the front of the World Showcase - I believe it's called International Traders or something along those lines. Honestly, we were just cutting though it to escape the heat for a few minutes! :rolleyes1

But...of course we got distracted.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    I loved this sticker using Mickey's pants! :laughing:

No purchases were made, but it felt good to be in air for a few moments.

We eventually made it to the International Gateway and much to our delight and surprise a boat that headed back to the Boardwalk was waiting there!

YES! It's not a far walk, but man, it was hottttttt! We'll take the boat!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

We were back to the Boardwalk in no time. On the way into the hotel Henry found a leaf and gave it to me as a gift. :goodvibes He was in a phase where he did this almost anytime we were outside.

[​IMG]
    Disney even has nice leaves! ;)

Back in the room I can't really tell you what we did-but I'm pretty sure I probably Facebooked a bit, Henry napped, we watched some TV, nibbled on a few things, just relaxed and enjoyed the air.

Right before 4:00 we left the room and headed toward the Atlantic Dance Hall located on the one end of the Boardwalk. Up next-Deevy.

4. KatMark

KatMark DIS Veteran

I was mistaken...Andy is actually kissing Minnie and Markie is looking at her as if he loves her (which he did for the longest time). Here's the pic:

[​IMG]

Now back to read your latest update.

5. disneybarbie

disneybarbie Disney Princess

lovely update!

I bet Henry was soo excited to be tall enough for Soarin' ! :goodvibes

It is nice to get the boat back to the Boardwalk when it's a really hot day :cloud9:

Btw I love all your photos!

Emma princess: x

6. KatMark

KatMark DIS Veteran

Brook, what a great update. I can't believe how empty Epcot is...I love those kind of days.

:woohoo: for Henry making the height for Soarin'. Wait, he's too short???? No, not possible. :woohoo::woohoo::woohoo: for the third measuring stick and Henry "flying" over California. It is so neat to see how excited how he is on Test Track. I'm with you on Mission -- not happening! :sick::sick::sick:

I'm not a big fan of Mexican food, but that stuff looked yummy.

7. NikkiLovesWDW!

NikkiLovesWDW! "Are you seeing an increase in lateral forces?" "S

Another excellent update! OH, what I wouldn't give to be out of this snowy NJ winter and amongst the blue skies and palm trees of Epcot! The Fountain of Nations is one of my favorites too. So beautiful. Did you know that the person who designed that fountain later went on to design the fountains at the Bellagio in Las Vegas? Nothing but the best from Disney! :thumbsup2

8. jenjolt

jenjolt Loves All Things Disney!

As I sit in our beloved Boardwalk waiting for laundry to get done I decided to do some Dising and catch up on all I have missed!!!!!

LOVE the private Boardwalk entrance!! Between that, the Boardwalk, and Storm Along Bay I don't think I will be able to stay anywhere else!!! I loved being able to enter that way into EPCOT!!!

Loved your EPCOT morning!! YAY that Henry got to ride Soarin' what a great ride!!!!!

9. micandminforever

micandminforever DIS Veteran

I loved days at Disney when you just go with the flow, no plans, if you ride something great if not enjoy the view. The last couple of trips we have hit the four parks and done the most rides and shows and the last two days we just relaxed and had fun with no plans except ADRs. The March trip this year we are taking a break from the parks and going to a Braves game, then after the game doing whatever.

Your no plan EPCOT day sounded wonderful and relaxing. Hey for Henry riding Soarin' and Test Track. My DH does not like Mission Space, but I love the dump shop. I have never noticed the video postcard maker. I will need to check it out.

The Mexican Donald Duck was so cute. My next collection from Disney might need to be a character from each country. My refrigerator cannot take many more magnets.

10. blessedby3

blessedby3 Actually Blessedby4 now, but cant change my userna

Love the update Brook! So glad Henry could ride TT and Soarin. I dont think Alexa is close to 40 inches yet...I will have to measure her...and we go in 4 months. Hopefully she will grow a bit by then!
    Alexa loved the pictures of Henry in the water splashers (as she calls them). She said she wants to go in the splashers too!
    We always eat at the Mexican CS when we are there. I love their nachos...drool...they are so tasty! The CS was closed on our last trip, but they had the little kiosk and we got to enjoy us some nachos too! Cant wait to eat there in May...its set for our first day:thumbsup2
    That Miss Deeve is hilarious...Ive never seen her that I can remember.

11. princessjv

princessjv DIS Veteran

You just can't beat that location! :lovestruc

Yea for TT and Soarin! It is so exciting to hit the mark and be able to ride the "big" rides... next will be the mountains! :)

12. glennbo123

glennbo123 DIS Veteran

It looks like he's looking at those wonderful, amazing shoes of height!

I'm so glad he was able to ride even after the multiple measurings. That would have been really tough to be told you could ride and then have it pulled out from under you.

We have a playground story like yours. It happened at a McDonald's when Lauren was a couple of years old and Judy was pregnant with Marlene. Lauren followed a girl up to the top of a tube slide and then the girl's parents called her that it was time to leave. Zip, she's gone. That left Lauren up there alone, afraid, and crying. Judy was too preggo to go after her, so who got to go? Yeah, dear ol' dad. Not an easy piece of maneuvering for a grown man.

I saw that Mexico kiosk after we had recently eaten and was wishing I'd waited to get that. It looked so good!

I'm looking forward to your review of Welcome Home Wednesdays. We haven't done that yet and I'm wondering if it's worth heading over for it if you're not staying at the Boardwalk.

13. SoonerGirl

SoonerGirl DIS Veteran

Oh my heart just sank for Henry when he was too short at the second measuring! Thank goodness they took him back up to the front and tried again :goodvibes

I love the TT ride photo with you and Joe both instinctively putting your arm across Henry before the big 'crash'. I still do that to my almost 15 year old when we have to stop quickly...

How was the guac in Mexico? I really like it as long as it's not really oniony, if it tastes too much like onions I won't eat it so I'm always afraid to order it.

14. mickeysmyboy

mickeysmyboy <a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ

It looks like you had a wonderfully relaxing day at Epcot! I'm glad that Henry was able to ride Soarin! What a bummer that would have been! He looks like he loved both Soarin and TT! You and Joe are raising him well! ;)

15. All7OfUs

All7OfUs <font color=darkorchid>We too are so very NOT into

Gee! So much to comment on!

First off, I think this was the Meet I completely either blew off, or spaced. Either way, I think I was not part of it. :sad1:

Love me some Mexican food in any way, shape or form. Nummy! I totally hope the new place is as good as it was. I know some folks really don't care for it, but I really enjoyed the several times I've eaten there.

HOWEVER, now that I've done the Cava, I may opt now for appies and a marg in there.

YAYAYAYAYAY ! for Henry getting to Soar again!!! It must be so exciting for him to be a big boy for that and TT!

It was HOT! ;) maroo should have had the in-room water playground jets on our first day. :lmao:

no plan... I'm so ambivalent on this- good for some days, NOT good for others.

16. disneyfan61

disneyfan61 DIS Veteran

Aw I was so glad to see that Henry got to ride Soarin this time:yay:. Seeing the pics of Soarin gave me chills. I just love it!!

Such beautiful pics of the palm trees & blue skies:cloud9:.

I have never heard of Deevy but she cracked me up with her "There's a lot of chunk in this trunk":rotfl::lmao:

The McDonalds around here usually has the shakes for a couple of weeks so hopefully you will get yours somewhere.

17. PopArtGal

PopArtGal Mushu's Best Gal Pal

oh that Guac makes me hungry!

18. KathyRN137

KathyRN137 ...and the greatest of these is Love

Hi Brook!

Whew! Finally here and caught up...at least I made it before your last post! :laughing:

What an awesome trip you've got coming up!

Kathy

19. disney<333

disney<333 DIS Veteran

Oh my gosh, the park is empty! I would LOVE to go at a time like this!!! Was this labor day week? Were the Halloween decorations and merchandise out yet? If so, I might need to consider this week for one year.
    Great pictures! I don't blame you for taking the boat back. I can feel the heat through the pictures.:goodvibes

20. IluvXU

IluvXU DIS Veteran

What a great day at empy EPCOT! So glad that Henry got to Soar again and loves Test Track. My girls have not even done Test Track--- to loud in the que.

I am in total agreement of Cape May for breakfast. We really really liked it. Good food and fun, although I liked O'Hana's better... it is my favorite breakfast!

21. Poolrat

Poolrat I am alive, sometimes I wonder too.

I am glad they took him back up to re-measure him.

I also hope they made a note to re-measure BOTH sticks and to adjust the one that was wrong. Being off a little bit can be such a pain and cause such heartache to a 39.99inch child.

We spent some time at the 39-40inch mark. DS was turned away at ToT despite being able to ride ST. DD was right at 46 I think for a trip to Kings Dominion and they had a great way to be consistent. They had measuring stations and would issue them a colored band based on their height. no measuring sticks at each ride, just show the band.

I loved the empty September crowds :love: