Basking in the Glow of the (not so) Creepy Clown -2/11-Pictures, Final Thoughts, PTR!

Discussion in 'Completed Trip Reports' started by brookelizabeth, Sep 12, 2010.

1. brookelizabeth

brookelizabeth <font color=red>Jambo Wildbunch Gang<br><font colo

Continued from previous post

[​IMG]
    Henry really liked this and the little guys inside!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    This guy is above the fireplace.

[​IMG]
    This clown is WAY creepier than good 'ol George outside, don't ya think?

[​IMG]
    I convinced Henry to sit in it, he he. I don't think he liked it!!! :laughing:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

We went out a door at the other end of the lobby, on the Inn side. Before we went outside there was a Mom with a newborn sitting in one of the chairs - Henry loved that there was a teeny baby, so we stopped and said hello. The baby was only 12 days old! He was only 6 pounds! Such a teeny little man, so adorable.

Outside we went!
    [​IMG]
    I think this would be a nice area to stay in for the Inns. There is a big grassy area in the middle, and it's still close to everything.

[​IMG]
    H LOVED the grass!!!!!! We do go to the park a lot, but even still, he doesn't get to play in grass every day!

[​IMG]
    Looking back at the beautiful lobby building.

[​IMG]
    Ya. I love it here.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Back up the stairs and heading toward the lobby...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Continued in next post

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. brookelizabeth

brookelizabeth <font color=red>Jambo Wildbunch Gang<br><font colo

Continued from previous post

[​IMG]

We went out the big main doors of the lobby to walk some of the grounds, I knew Joe would be getting close by now - and figured it would be really fun for both him and Henry if we were waiting when his ME bus pulled up...I wasn't sure if I could plan it just right, but I was gonna try.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    This is near where the park buses are

As we were walking a couple ME's went by. Joe had texted me a while ago that he was on the ME, so I was hoping it was one of his - we started to walk back toward the lobby area when Joe called...Henry had been shouting one of his current sayings, "Black White!" (it's his favorite type of cookie), under the awning - it was very cool because his voice would bounce around. :rolleyes: Joe heard him the second he got off ME and knew we were close!!! :rotfl:

When I answered the phone we were close enough where Henry could hear Joe in real life and immediately called out "Daddy!? Where are you?" Joe spotted me from across the drive and hid behind a column until we got closer - Henry continued to call out for Joe...and then Joe stepped out of hiding. Henry was out of his stroller in a flash!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Henry was hanging on so tight Joe had lifted him off the ground with no hands!

It was all very, very sweet!!!

So now Joe is here...First things first, he's gotta see the room and check out that view!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2gEyRlwwUU

He liked it. ::yes::

Plans this evening were up in the air....what should we do next? DHS to meet up with Liesa (All7OfUs)? Relax at the resort? DTD?

4. Tinkerbellarella

Tinkerbellarella <font color=darkyellow>I was all like, "Um, well..

I LOVE THIS!!!

Very Moulin Rouge.

And I love the story of Henry "looking" for Joe. SO SWEET! :goodvibes

5. moparop

moparop DIS Veteran

That is one amazing resort. In the words of Liz Lemon, "I want to go there."

6. dekkerdisneydreamer

dekkerdisneydreamer Raising Disneyholics one at a time!

All hail Brook, picture taker extraordinare!!!:worship::worship: I honestly feel like I'm right there with you. Man oh man, I have been wanting to stay here ever since we toured DVC back in 2003......sadly, we didn't buy in.:sad2:

7. 3prettyprincesses

3prettyprincesses "These pretzels are making me thirsty!"

Ok Brook, those clown pics give me the heebie jeebies! First, the Krusty clown slide has hair like Spaghettio's and eyes that seem to follow you:eek:! And second, that creepy clown chair was even more frightening! Seriously creepy man! Ugh, I cannot look at it again. Poor Henry, you made that sweet baby sit in it. I would've made the same face he did, like he couldn't wait to hop off!:laughing:

Wow, that resort is really gorgeous. And the boardwalk area looks very inviting! I might have to rethink ever staying there, it looks really cool (minus the freaky clowns of course!) Was it a quick walk to Epcot?

Love the pics of Henry playing on the playground and arcade. He looks all sticky and sweaty! My middle DD used to get the cutest little beads of sweat across the bridge of her nose when she was a toddler. I'm sure you appreciated the air conditioning too! The close up pic of you and Henry on that ride at the arcade is precious. That's a keeper! And how heart warming to see Henry with Joe! He looked so happy that his Dad was finally there. So sweet! Great update!:goodvibes

8. eandesmom

eandesmom I'm with Beast

SOOOOOOOOOOOO beautiful!

I wanna go!

And bounce on the beds and have ice cream.

Are you adopting?

How adorable that you were able to meet the bus! I love it!

Killer update. And not so creepy.

yet.

9. dawnbu40

dawnbu40 DIS Veteran

You really captured the beauty of the resort :thumbsup2
    Great update :)

10. eeyore7360nc

eeyore7360nc DIS Veteran

Joining in for the fun. I had followed along on your PTR,now you will help me pass the next week or so until it is my turn to go.:cheer2:
    I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your stay on the Boardwalk. We stayed there last spring for our trip to enjoy the Flower and Garden show and I'll be back for a couple of days in January.

11. SoonerGirl

SoonerGirl DIS Veteran

Thanks for taking us on the beautiful stroll around the Boardwalk! I've always wanted to stay there, in spite of the creepy clown, oops, I mean George. :rolleyes: Your pictures have made that desire even greater!

So fun that you were able to meet Joe's bus, I love that Henry could hear his voice and was looking for him :goodvibes

12. MeMom

MeMom DIS Veteran

We were lucky enough to visit the Boardwalk just a little more than usual when we took the girls over to swim and play on the playground when Wigd and Shocker stayed there. Jill wants to stay there sometime, and wouldn't she be very happy with a view like you had?!?!? :thumbsup2

Very nice pictures with lots of detail. Henry getting to run in the grass is just some pretty exciting stuff when you are in Disney World. :goodvibes

13. jenseib

jenseib Mommy to Claire

I can see it now Brook, Yo uare going to go stand outside of NYU and offer students $5 if they will go in and get you CFA! :lmao:

I see it sounds like you are trying to potty train Henry. With Michael and Paige, I can't remember much of the details, but I am sure they both were trained around the age of 2. Claire wanted nothing to do with it. I would try and try to set her on the potty and she would do NOTHING. Went a trickle once on accident. :confused3 I tried rewards, etc, and she just didn't seem to get it. Then one day..a few months after she turned 3 she was in the tub and said, I have to go potty.. I was like right...but still I got her out and put her on...and low and behold she went! :banana: And within 2 weeks she wore underwear eveyday. We did og to Disney shortly afte that, and I did have her wear pull ups the whole trip, jsut to be safe. And once while her and Skip were alone together, she told him she had to go, and the lazy butt told her to just go in her pull up and I would change her when we met up! MEN! :rolleyes1 Claire still wears pull ups to bed though. She is a VERY heavy sleeper, though she is having less and less accidents, I rather her wear the pull up than get up at 3 AM and change sheet! :rolleyes:

She is absolutely gorgeous!

14. BrooklynnsMommy

BrooklynnsMommy DIS Veteran

Great update! My girls loved the playground over there as well. I would have spent the afternoon doing exactly what you did - exploring, eating ice cream, and just soaking it all in. So glad Joe arrived without incident. Can't wait to read more.

15. bellebookworm9

bellebookworm9 Future Au.D.

Henry is just the cutest thing ever! He really loves jumping on that bed! Your pics of the Boardwalk are incredible. It's almost making me wish we were choosing there over the Beach Club Villas-it'd be cheaper, that's for sure! But we'd be booking a standard view, so no chance of the AMAZING view that you had. I actually just sent the link of all the pictures to my roommate's mom, because they are staying at the Boardwalk Inn in January, and I hope she appreciates them as much as I do. :goodvibes

16. jenseib

jenseib Mommy to Claire

I just watched that last video of you showing Joe the "view". And Joe asked Henry where his bed was...and Henry says "i'm not having a bed". :rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2: I wonder what he thought he was going to do? LOL! :rotfl:

17. mickeysmyboy

mickeysmyboy <a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ

WOW! Sooooo many beautiful, wonderful pictures of BW! I love all of them! It looks like you and Henry had a great time exploring! Of course, the pictures of Henry and Joe are too darn cute!

18. loritemp

loritemp Celebrating my birthday in style...Disney Style!

Oh my gosh, it's more beautiful that I imagined! The pics are fabulous! And Lucy the Elephant is representing the Jersey shore, wahoo! (Lucy is an historical landmark in Margate NJ, you can climb up inside and everything!!).

And I just love the story of Joe's arrival, how perfect!!!:lovestruc

Can't wait for more!!

19. wigdoutdismom

wigdoutdismom DIS Veteran

I would be thrilled to have a view like you did when we go next month, but we only have a garden view. So I'll be happy if we get to see George!
    As much as we love Beach Club we always are very pleased with our stays at Boardwalk! Your pictures have me soooo excited!
    I love your story about Henry and Joe! How sweet!

20. vamassey1

vamassey1 DIS Veteran

Wow so many great pictures! So many details. These remind me of Memom's pictures. I really have to slow down and really look for now on.

I love that Henry wanted to try out all the different chairs. He really looked like he enjoyed those games. Did he get a chance to check out the ones in Espn? Boys do love their games.

Waiting for Joe is so cute! The pictures of their meeting is so touching.

21. DisMomAmy

DisMomAmy DIS Veteran

Wow... you said you would take lots of Boardwalk pictures & you came through! Thanks for sharing them. I'm so excited to be checking in at the Inn two weeks from tomorrow!! :cool1:

Henry is just so cute!! :goodvibes