Basking in the Glow of the (not so) Creepy Clown -2/11-Pictures, Final Thoughts, PTR!

Discussion in 'Completed Trip Reports' started by brookelizabeth, Sep 12, 2010.

1. brookelizabeth

brookelizabeth <font color=red>Jambo Wildbunch Gang<br><font colo

:rotfl: Exactly! I don't wear a watch, but I think I might if it were Mickey...Hmmmm....

I like that Donald too, he's a bit retro feeling.

That caffeinated Donald is hilarious with his eyes bugging out!

Yes, I think a pair of matching earrings would go quite nicely with that watch! ::yes::

I have a feeling that monorail will be in our home in the near future as well...:rolleyes1

The Tater pieces were about $20 a box. I think it came to $19.something with the 10% AP discount. It was fun to stuff them all in! I found a small space later while examining the box and was irritated-I so coulda fit in some more eyes or an arm! :laughing:

How was PCC 2.0? I listened to the Podcast on it-it sounds incredible!!! Are you doing a TR?

I could use some Disney shopping too. Maybe next week I'll head back to Times Square. I really want to get one of the I Mickey Head NY shirts before the trip...

I read about the Lego store somewhere - can't remember where. They are adding in some additional statues and things too. I'm not sure if it's moving too-or if it just gets more space with the DTD redo.

You are so good at rationing those Mickey heads! Our were gone QUICKLY. We might need two boxes for ourselves next time. :rotfl:

I haven't ridden Splash since 2006, and I want to try it again this trip, I was a bit surprised to read there wasn't a lap bar already. I probably was freaked out a bit without it when I did ride!

Ya, good point about the Tron ride. I won't believe it until it's official. I am just surprised it's going into MK versus another park that needs more rides.

Sounds good about the buses! I like to take little notes like that, and will try, but I won't worry about it if I miss one (or a few...!) Is there anything in particular you want photos of/info on?

Oh too funny! :rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2: Yes, there are other ways...I could borrow Bella this coming trip!

Henry would love a truck like that! He has a basic dump truck that is big enough for him to sit on (though, it's not meant to be sat on), but it doesn't do anything. I'm sure they make ones like that out there though!

I think that Tweedle Dee/Dum shot might become a tradition pic! It's just too cute. I remember the one of your boys!

Stitch spits water too at the World of Disney, right? I seem to remember a spitting sign...maybe that was not at the WoD, but in the MK?

It was delish!!! I would get that one again, and again, and again!

That is hilarious about the Mickey earrings! It would be kinda fun to see how many people say that...I think I might need these. ::yes::

It's very cool! Another little magical touch.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Flossbolna

Flossbolna Sea days are just so relaxing!

Oh, thanks for the offer of getting me info about the BWV!! Thanks to you I already know where not to look for Community Hall!! ;)

The one thing I would love to see pictures of is what kind of kitchen stuff is in the studio. I kind of know what to expect, but I would love to see pictures...

I am sure I will come up with a few more things if I think about it, I guess I should take the chance of you staying at the same resort before my trip to get lots of info! :thumbsup2

And since I never answered your previous question: I got the email newsletter from my local cinema and they have Tron in 3D on their IMAX screen which is the largest in Europe! :scared1: What did Joe think about the film?

4. brookelizabeth

In one month...

This little clan will be on an airplane headed to Florida!!!!!

:dance3::banana::dance3::banana::dance3:

5. Flossbolna

Flossbolna Sea days are just so relaxing!

:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

I just realized that Katharina and I will be in DLP in 52 days!! But one month, that's wonderful!

I hope your rescheduled interview will be great next week!

6. pooh'smate

pooh'smate <font color=royalblue>My ticker is actually a day

I love the Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum picture. I can not wait to get myself some earrings. I know that I will be bringing a box of those coconut mickey heads home with me.

7. tiggrbaby

tiggrbaby <font color=deeppink><marquee>We must work harder

Great pics at DTD! I remember the days of car races at the Lego shop; it was like a theme park to the boys! And they would wait to use their long-term savings to buy something from the shop. It was tough to make them wait until we were back in NJ to open them!

8. tinacaplan

tinacaplan DIS Veteran

I'm guessing its more than just the camera! I cannot believe we're getting slammed with even more snow. This is just nutty. We had a delayed opening Tuesday, early dismissal today and tomorrow...who knows? So, I suppose it all worked out for the best that your interview was delayed a bit.

And so excited for you for your upcoming trip...in only one month! :banana::banana:

9. eandesmom

eandesmom I'm with Beast

I'm glad you don't have to travel in the bad weather, yikes it sounds awful!

Very impressive stuffing!!! What a fun and even relaxing time DTD sounds like it was (and somehow those words don't always do with DTD in my mind...).

It actually bums me out that TrendD (and the 2 iterations in CA, D street and Vault 28) don't have more that is exclusive to just those shops and some of the price tags can definitely be :scared1:.

Of course I still plan to GO there in may....

10. micandminforever

micandminforever DIS Veteran

Good luck with your interview next week.

I love the Hawaiian sandwich at Earl's, it is one of my favorites at DTD. Then of course no trip is complete without a box of the coconut Mickey heads.

Just think in a little over a month we will be riding the boat at small world.

11. blessedby3

blessedby3 Actually Blessedby4 now, but cant change my userna

I am GREEN with envy....my ticker is at 121:scared1::scared1::scared1:

Im excited for you guys and cant wait to read all about it!

12. jenseib

jenseib Mommy to Claire

I swear I am out of the loop. I didn't know they were making a new lego store either. I guess I need to be doing more readin on the theme parks page.

13. brookelizabeth

:rotfl: Yes, I suppose you know EXACTLY where Community Hall is!!! I don't think I'll ever forget! Though, the other quiet pool is in a very lovely area...

I will take pics of the kitchen stuff. That's a great idea - I had the same question before we stayed in our first villa too. I meant to do a "room tour", but I forgot - I'm going to mark that down on my notes too. We have meant to do this every trip, but only actually remembered on our first DVC stay at SSR. :rolleyes:

Wow! The largest in Europe, that is incredible! Joe said the movie was awesome, he really enjoyed it all. The visual affects were fantastic and he said the sound was incredible - it made him feel like he was right there in the movie.

Wow, 52! That is close! :hyper: Thank you for the well-wishes!

Those Mickey coconut patties are soooooooooo good. So so good. I think they are around $9 a box - which in my world is kinda on the high side, but they are worth it! There are a ton of different earrings available, some very cheap and some not so much. Tons of cute styles! I look forward to seeing what you get!

It is like a theme park for the boys in there! I am excited for the new one too-I hope they add more really fun interactive elements.

I didn't even think about Henry wanting to get something from here this trip and the complication of little Lego pieces (though, he is still in Duplo phase) everywhere in the room....methinks I need to bring a ziploc bag for this...

The snow is caZy! I haven't been out since this morning, but I was dripping wet by the time I got home. And I found out my boot has a hole in it. :rolleyes: Joe is on the train now headed home from work, I'm having him pick up H-no way am I pushing the stroller through all that again! :laughing:

It is a mess out there. Hopefully we will have warm temps soon and it will all go away again!

I was a bit bummed the items weren't unique to TrenD either. I was expecting a whole shop of stuff I hadn't seen....and ya, $40 for a Disney t-shirt?!?!? Um, no. I'm way too cheap for that! It is a cute shop though, it's decorated very funky, so that's always fun to look at! I plan to dip in there again next month.

Ooooh, I'm so excited for the DIS meet! We are going to fill an entire boat, or more, aren't we? It will be so much fun!

I have so much to do before the trip though, I feel like the plans I do have are all over the place. I cannot even count how many ADRs we have made, canceled and then made new ones. :rolleyes: We usually are pretty good to stick with what we pick, but having so many days we want to do EVERYTHING!

Oh, I hope those 121 go by faaaaaast! And they will!! I gotta get this baby wrapped up and a PTR started!

14. pooh'smate

pooh'smate <font color=royalblue>My ticker is actually a day

I agree with you $9 is high but I think it will be a nice treat to enjoy when I come back to the cold of the midwest. I can't wait to go shopping.

15. brookelizabeth

We left off with Disney dreams dancing in our heads...the next morning we woke up to an alarm and while we were readying ourselves for our breakfast ADR over at Cape May I noticed some evil had crept into our room.

[​IMG]
    Boo! Hiss!

I left it there.

As we were leaving for our breakfast I purposely walked right over it, completely ignoring that little envelope.

Joe just laughed at me.

But he didn't pick it up either! :laughing:

[​IMG]
    Still clutching a bus.

Henry felt very important pushing the elevator buttons - and it was a great way to include some number and letter practice in!

[​IMG]
    Good morning beautiful Boardwalk. I can't wait to see you again!

[​IMG]
    The boat launch, but we just kept on walking.

[​IMG]
    On our last full day I always feel a desperate need to take a bunch of pictures of the resort that I don't think I have - new angles, and all that-just attempting to capture the beauty of it. Happens every trip. And I always have about 28292 pictures of the resort...but that's okay, right???

[​IMG]
    Yep, I wanna stay there someday too!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    On the bridge leading to the Beach Club

[​IMG]
    The Clown Pool is closed during our next visit, so we won't get to visit with George the Not So Creepy Clown, but we WILL get to be pirates over here at SAB! pirate: I gotta admit...I'm not at all broken up about the fact that we "have to use" SAB for a slide. Not a bit. :teeth:

We arrived and stepped into the doors of the amazing Beach Club lobby. Joe went to check us in while I snapped pics for Christine and many of the other BC Lovers out there.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    One of those little areas on the right with the couches is the child TV area. It's very close to Cape May which is perfect.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

After I was done snapping pictures - and I'm completely unsatisfied with the results - they just do not do this lobby justice! But anyway, after I was done, I joined Henry and Joe over by the TV and within a minute or two the DVC CM was over there hocking their stickers on the kiddos. Henry had a whole strip of them. I wonder if they would still give them to us if we knew we were already members? ;)

[​IMG]

Shortly after our name was called. The hostess pointed out some of the stations on our way to the table and she gave Henry a little bucket of crayons and a coloring book.

[​IMG]

Right away I felt comfortable at this restaurant. While it's a character meal, it didn't have that loud frenzy that most character meals do. It seemed calm and relaxing - tons of natural light too.

The characters weren't very close so I went up for Henry's food and a bit for me to start with.

[​IMG]
    Henry's

[​IMG]
    Mine.

While Henry and I started in Joe went up and came back with

[​IMG]

Continued in next post

16. brookelizabeth

Continued from previous post

Still no characters, so after I finished up the fruit I went to grab some real food ;)

[​IMG]

You see that Mickey Waffle? If you read my PTR you will know this would be my very FIRST Mickey Waffle ever.

We were all devouring our yummies and our rockin' waitress appeared with a surprise for Henry--

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

He didn't give two hoots about that...but he did about THIS

[​IMG]

It sat on the table for a few minutes while our waitress went to go find Donald or Goofy to join in on the signing.

Henry was eying that baby up! But he refrained.

While we waited I tried my Mickey Waffle.

Warning. I'm a dork.

Yes, I insisted Joe have photographic documentation of this event.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And the verdict?

It was GOOD! Very good! That is one perfectly done waffle! I will be having more of those in the future!

Very shortly after Goofy arrived and the candle on the cupcake was lit. Our waitress had the whole area sing...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    :rotfl:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    All eyes on the chocolate!!! LOL!

[​IMG]
    (and yes, the bus was in attendance that morning at breakfast)

[​IMG]
    Henry showed Goofy his prize possession and Goofy proceeded to play with it which just made Henry's day! It was very sweet.

Then it was time to finally eat that cupcake!

[​IMG]
    This one cracks me up!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And here is a video of the whole thing, 1 minute 15 seconds.

Quickly after Minnie arrived and Henry made some moves on her
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Seriously adorable!

[​IMG]
    Look at that sly boy!!!!

And not too long later Donald arrived...but he snuck up behind Henry...

Continued in next post

17. brookelizabeth

Continued from previous post

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Fantastic character interaction!!!! We had so much fun, these pictures not only make me hungry, but make me want to scurry over to the Disney World website and squeeze in another meal!

[​IMG]
    The view from our table.

Our waitress came around with the check and Henry insisted on giving her a big 'ol hug.

[​IMG]

She was awesome, so I don't blame him! She, her name was Sami, was an excellent waitress. Always around when we needed her, always a perma-smile on her face, GREAT with kids. You can tell she enjoyed her job!

Just as we were getting up from the table Goofy was nearby, and Henry needed a hug.

[​IMG]

Cape May is expensive. It was around $60 for the 3 of us before a tip. However, the food is good and the character interaction was top notch. We really liked the atmosphere and that we didn't ever feel rushed while there, unlike many other character meals where you find yourselves racing between eating, getting food, snapping pics, etc. It was very relaxing. I loved that the characters didn't show up until we were about done, which I think was by chance, but it was great!! We had an incredibly magical and memorable meal! Plus, they serve Mickey Waffles. I mean...that alone....;) Joe has told me, numerous times, he wants to eat here again. It's not currently on the schedule, but that might change soon.

On our way out...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    The amazing view you get to take in each time you leave the Beach Club lobby!

[​IMG]

I believe we let Henry dig around in the sand for 5-10 minutes before we continued onward.

Where do you think we were off to that morning? Stay tuned...!

18. brookelizabeth

I probably read it over on WDWMagic - they are really good with upcoming news/construction/rumors.

It is a very nice treat for back home! I love taking a bit of Disney back home with me. :cloud9:

19. All7OfUs

All7OfUs <font color=darkorchid>We too are so very NOT into

Those pix of Henry are some of the most adorable I've ever seen! So cute. I love the "sly look" one with Minnie best!

20. BrooklynnsMommy

BrooklynnsMommy DIS Veteran

Love Cape May!!! We really enjoyed our meal there. I agree it is a different vibe to this character meal - not rushed or loud or crazy!

21. tiggrbaby

tiggrbaby <font color=deeppink><marquee>We must work harder

Henry is just soooo adorable! I loved his interaction with the characters!