Basking in the Glow of the (not so) Creepy Clown -2/11-Pictures, Final Thoughts, PTR!

Continued from previous post

I made the mention of popcorn and Henry quickly grabbed onto that idea, so while we waited I adventured through the masses over to the closest popcorn cart that had a line to Guam.

I waited and inched forward. Waited and inched. Waited and inched. I was still several people back and Wishes was about to start - I ditched the line and got back to the family. Thankfully Wishes started about 8 seconds later and Henry was too distracted to care about popcorn.

1015963265_cWB5T-L.jpg

"Wishes!" :cloud9:

1015983591_N4qtU-L.jpg

A couple trees were in the way, but it was still a good spot.

1016139215_DWWRL-L.jpg

1015990886_vocQh-L.jpg

1015936881_7kYyr-L.jpg

1015891917_JC4HE-L.jpg

Such a wonderful show! I never get tired of it.

Immediately after it finishes I hear, "I want popcorn Mommy." :rotfl:

Thankfully on our way out we hit the popcorn vendor right outside City Hall. This time we skipped the little cardboard box and went straight for the souvenir bucket!

I have no notes about our bus ride back, so it must have been pretty run of the mill. Back at the Boardwalk

1015855175_cPADu-L.jpg

1015829903_KvxBt-L.jpg

I can't wait to stay there again!!!

1015872358_ct4JU-L.jpg

1015848632_5RDfD-L.jpg

1015883868_Cmxxc-L.jpg

1015937721_tAnJG-L.jpg

Light fixtures in the elevator area.

1015973754_saatM-L.jpg

::yes::

And shortly after returning to the resort we were all sound asleep. It had been a relaxing day with a few dustings of pixie dust - one of the best!

560992907_8yxBQ-M.jpg

Merry Christmas to all my wonderful friends!​

I hope to get back on here tomorrow to do replies, but wanted to share this in case I didn't. :goodvibes

This Christmas and New Years season always makes me reflect on my life. As it does for many people. There are several things I want to work on in my own personal life - from the minor of cooking more than once a week :rolleyes1 to the major of having more patience when I'm at the end of my rope.

It also makes me realize how BLESSED I am.

I am thankful for so many things in my life, including each of you! Thank you for reading along in our adventures to the World. Thank you for your kind words, your thoughts and your prayers when I have needed them. Thank you for sticking with me when real life interrupts and I disappear for a month. :laughing: It has been wonderful getting to know each of you through these amazing boards. It has been a real treat to meet several of you in person, and I hope that trend continues. February/March seems like I'll be meeting a whole slew of you folks, and I can't wait!

I truly hope you each have a fantastic Christmas. There are a few of you who I know have a hard time for one reason or another during this season, my thoughts and prayers are with you. :hug:

Brook, so many things I want to comment on, but so little time, so I will only touch upon the most important ones:

First of all: Merry Christmas to you, Joe and Henry!!:santa:

Your Christmas post was wonderful and I agree with you - I would have never thought that I would meet so many wonderful people here on the DIS and the amazing thing is that I get to meet so many even here in Germany! :goodvibes I hope one day I will get to show you around Nuremberg as well!

I am glad that your parcel arrived in time - as Katharina mentioned, we had fun surprising you with the gingerbread just as you surprised us with the wonderful coconut Mickey heads! :goodvibes

I loved all of your NYC pictures, your post about the World Financial Center reminded me of a wonderful documentary I once saw about kids taking part in a ballroom dance competition. It is called "Mad Hot Ballroom" (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0438205/) and it is a very sweet film. I can highly recommend it - and it ends with the final competition under the palm trees you took pictures of.

Brooke -

Thank you for your very touching Merry Christmas Wishes. This is truly the season for reflection and its so important to stop the frantic rushing in order to do that. Very well said.

Now - getting back to your updates.

AMAZING!

I loved the museum pictures of eeyore and the gang. I loved seeing Ground Zero since I really am fascinated by the events of 911.

I loved the Disney store. You mean there are people who don't like that store?????? :confused3 It looks incredible. Merchandising at its best, if you ask me.

And your TR - well, I think you had a stellar day - the pool, lunch, a mega nap, and then MK. What could be better? Loved the pictures of the parade. Really pretty. I didn't see the parade in September, so its great to see the pictures. Thanks.

Merry Christmas :santa:to you and the boys!

ps - stop by my TR when you get a chance. Click on one of the links on the first page to find a link to Flat Mickey. I think Henry would love him, so I hope you can make your own on your upcoming trip!

Brook!!! First of all Merry Christmas to you Joe and Henry!! I hope you guys have a great holiday season!!!

What a great slew of updates LOL!! Loved being able to spend my morning relaxing and reading your report!! What a great way to start my day!!!!!

Henry is just adorable and that picture of the Donald hat on his head...glad I didn't have anything to drink in my mouth...too funny and too cute!!!

YAY for a great night at MK!!!

Your pics of the parade and Wishes are amazing! What camera setting did you use?

I feel like you were reaching out to me when you gave your Christmas blessing. We had a major tragedy in our family this fall, and it has been very difficult to go on as usual.

Merry Christmas and a Blessed New Year!
winniepoohchristmas.jpg

Brook! What a batch of updates! So many things to comment on...

Those NY t-shirts with the Mickey heads are adorable as is the picture of you as the Statue of Liberty! :laughing:

What a nice relaxing day swimming! Henry's grilled cheese sandwich looks delicious! I don't blame you for skipping the tea (I remember crying Henry, too! LOL!) and letting Henry sleep. From all the fun you had later in the night, it was a good call.

Love the picture of Henry in front of the train station. Just precious!

Hurray for all the pixie dust for Henry: chocolates at the Boardwalk, ringing the bell, and getting a pin! :thumbsup2

I like the Tiki Room, too! Those singing Tiki statues are my favorite. :lmao:

Yeay for seeing the MSEP! Your pictures and video are fabulous! :lovestruc

Ending the night with Wishes and popcorn was just perfect!

Merry Christmas to you, Joe, and Henry! May you have a wonderful holiday!

Great update Brooke!

Merry Christmas to you too. I hope you, Joe and Henry have a wonderful holiday.

Quickly scanning through the replies and don't have time right now to comment on them all, but...

Your pics of the parade and Wishes are amazing! What camera setting did you use?

I feel like you were reaching out to me when you gave your Christmas blessing. We had a major tragedy in our family this fall, and it has been very difficult to go on as usual.

Merry Christmas and a Blessed New Year!
winniepoohchristmas.jpg

:hug: The holidays can be bittersweet. It's such a joyous time, yet can be so difficult for those grieving. Surround yourself with love, be together in the pain and sorrow. You, and your family, are in my thoughts and prayers!! (and don't feel guilty if you feel a tad like Scrooge! :goodvibes)

Merry Christmas Brook, to you and your cute family:goodvibes
Thanks for the sweet Christmas Wishes to all of us readers!

I loved your hefty update:thumbsup2 Those pictures of the Disney Store in NYC make me want to send you my credit card:lmao: I hope to see that one day:lovestruc We have only been to NYC twice (each time to see a Broadway play--B&B and The Little Mermaid) and we have gone to the old World of Disney store. I think this new Disney Store looks so much better. Im not sure why people are giving it bad reviews:confused3 I hope to get there again someday:cloud9:
I cant wait to see the MSEP. It is the one I remember from my early Disney years, and I am excited to see it in May. We always watch from Frontierland in front of the candy store:cloud9:
I love the picture of Henry in front of the castle. So cute!!!
We have been listening to the Wishes CD for weeks now, and Alexa can sing it perfectly. She talks about seeing the fireworks and Wishes, so I can understand Henry losing intrest in that popcorn once it started! I cant wait for Alexa to see Wishes again...I think she will be singing it too!
Sorry you had the puke incident! After all your trips with the puke, you have become a pro! Puke freaks me out, but isnt it nice to get a new shirt out of the deal. Cute one too!
Merry Christmas to you, Joe and Henry.....and I pray 2011 will be a blessed year for you all too:goodvibes

Loving all your updates:thumbsup2.

Henry looking at the trains-so cute!!

Goodies from Germany-Yum!! It is so fun getting packages at this time of year.

You are much better than I am. Hearing your story about walking all over the Boardwalk that day:scared1: after 9 hours at Epcot. I would have laid down on the bed & I would have been DUN!!! :worship: to you to keep going & going like the Energizer Bunny!!

Great pics & video of the EP. Cannot wait to see it in May. I like Spectro but am looking forward to something I have not seen yet.

I hope you have a magical Christmas with your "boys" & look forward to more pics & updates.

Hi Brook! I just logged on & noticed your report said "a whole slew of updates!" I wish I had time right now to read them all but I'm getting a bunch of food ready for Christmas Eve! I will read them later tonight or Sunday afternoon.

Merry Christmas to you & your family!!!!

What a fabulous way to end a night.

My DD was a puker so I understand becoming a pro in dealing with it.

Merry Christmas Brook to the whole family.

Wow, lots of great updates! It sounds like you are having a fun holiday season. I really liked those pictures of the Pooh toys. So cool!

And of course it sounds like you had a great day in the parks too.

Have a good Christmas!! :santa:

Your post about ground zero really makes me want to go vist that spot. good to know thw muesum well be open when we go next yr for christmas. The Disney store in NYC also looks great.

Hope you have a MERRY CHRISTMAS and a HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!

What an awesome slew of updates!!! I meant to just pop on the boards real quick and wish everyone a Merry Christmas, but I got sucked in by all your posts!

First of all, thanks for taking us on the Christmas tour around NYC, those trains looked so cool. And, that new Disney store may be a disappointment to some, but it's WAY nicer than the one we have :thumbsup2

Now, for your trip update - I didn't let your warning deter me, and I looked at the pictures of the clown slide :scared1: :scared1: :scared1: After the initial shudders I did fine though ;) I must admit that it does look really fun! I'm curious, they won't let Henry ride down with one of you will they? I think he'd be okay on one of your laps, but no way would I send him down by himself!

I'm amazed by your picture of Main Street at nearly 5:00, it looks empty - how awesome!

And the best part? When Henry reached his tiny little arm out attempting to grab one of the jewels. I loved seeing hands from all over the theater go up.

This is one of my favorite parts of seeing Philharmagic :cloud9:

Fantastic pictures from the MSEP! And thanks for the video - put a smile on my face, I just love that music.

Oh, and MERRY CHRISTMAS JOE, BROOK & HENRY!!

I see I have my work cut out for me reading your "slew of updates". Actually, it's never really work reading ANYONE"S updates- I love them all, but tonight, I only have time and energy to wish you and Joe a GREAT Christmas full of wonder and meaning, delight and joy!! Have a wonderful day!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter