Basking in the Glow of the (not so) Creepy Clown -2/11-Pictures, Final Thoughts, PTR!

Wow, gone for a few days & look what I missed!

First of all, 15 days?!?! Wow, sister! Fun!!

I loved your AK pictures. What a great way to
spend a summer day. :)

I am so sorry about your family & the floods..,how scary. :( Ill for sure send out lots of prayers!!

Life is such a roller coaster... first I'm feeling ecstatic for you because of your 15-day trip plans and then you tell us about the terrible flooding in Minnesota (I hadn't heard, here in NJ).

Ups and downs, ups and downs... no wonder you're getting headaches!

Feel better, Brook. I'm sending prayers for all those affected by the flooding.

Kathy

Just catching up now so I'll be a bit all over.

Praying for your family - we had some rotten floods around here (we were lucky) after just a torrential rain. I hope all will work out for them and that they'll get the help they need.

15 DAYS?! Ok - you are now my hero. :goodvibes I don't think I could ever get Mark to agree to that..having a hard time with just 10.

I love Planet Watch. We always make sure to hit it to pet the "baby" goats...yes, I know they are not babies, but that's how we refer to them. :laughing: We are just big kids I guess.

I also didn't know about the plastic animals (since it's always just adults on our trips.) We might have to try and find them next time.

We ended up skipping AK so I am really enjoying your pictures! :thumbsup2

So sorry to hear what your family is going through! Thoughts and prayers going out to all of you! :hug:

Just read back. I am so sorry about the flooding. I had friends affected by the Nashville floods and they are still trying to put thier lives back together. I will say prayers for your family. I wish I was closer so I could donate some stuff to your family.

Your pictures at AK are beautiful. We love that area of the park to take a break from the crowds.

Most importantly, prayers to your family and everyone in that area devestated by the floods. I have a few friends out there and luckily, they were for the most part spared, just minor damage. I know it is easy for me to say but at least they are all safe, they can replace the belongings but being safe and together is most important!

So our trips will overlap, though I will miss you at BWV by one day. Yep, we got 2 garden view studios (my dad and his SO are coming with us!!). Might have to jump in on a Dis meet with all the March folks! :banana:

And I will need to put Planet Watch on our to do list. I know my son will enjoy it but my dad will flip out!!!:laughing: He went nuts in Animal Kingdom last time, he had a smile on his face from the moment we walked in. He's such a kid at heart! :)

Can't wait for more pics!!

Joe woke up shortly after I did and Henry...

1005225980_ugisC-M.jpg

Sound asleep.
That is my favorite!! I love Madie when she's awake, but the peace that you find on their little faces when they're alseep, it doesn't get better than that!

I really enjoyed Planet Watch as well, but DH thinks it's boring.:sad2: I guess from his perspective it's not an "activity" so to speak, like a ride. Boy does he have a rude awakening coming next year.:rotfl:

15 DAYS???? Yeah, I know a few people have done the exact same thing, but WOW!!!! That is so exciting!! I can't wait for you to start your PTR. That will be an extravaganza!!:woohoo:

I'm so sorry to hear about your family. They will be in my prayers Brook.

I took the weekend off from the Dis so I'm so far behind.

First off Congrats on your extra long trip and I'm so green with envy.

Loved the AK update. So many great pictures of the park and Henry. We actually like Planet Watch. We usually end up spending a good bit of time out there. Danielle is 11 and still likes it. DH likes all the animal stuff going on inside.

So sorry about your family and friends and having to deal with the flooding. I did see that on the news. Our home flooded in 1983 when I was in high school. Hardest thing to recover from. So much work and it takes time.

I'm so very sorry to hear about your family being affected by the flood. I will definitely add your family to my prayer list.

HOLY 15 days at Disney Batman!?

That's CRAZY Goodness right there!

So excited for you guys!! Mr. Incredible is never gonna be able to take more than 9 days off in a row! Maybe one of these years I'll go down with the boys early and let him join us.

Loved seeing Plant Watch. We've never made it back there either! Looks like a great thing for 3 yr olds though! Maybe on a trip when it's not so hot. Thank goodness for misting fans!

Can't wait to hear what you guys did next!

I'm super excited about the 15 days! And waiting really shouldn't be all that bad due to holidays and trips we have planned in between. Of course by the end of January/early Feb I'll be going to stir crazy, but then we'll be close enough! :laughing:

I think your boys would enjoy Planet Watch! From reports I have seen there are often more than just one character back there, and usually short lines - we just hit it at a bad moment - I think our entire train was there in line! :rolleyes: The train ride alone is fun for the little ones, plus all the other stuff. It's not overly exciting, but a nice breakaway - and the air conditioned building is VERY nice. ::yes::

15 DAYS???!!!

:faint: I am beyond excited for you!!! How awesome to be able to plan such a long trip!!! :hyper: What a dream!!! :cloud9:

Oh tell me about borrowing your points!!! That is ALL I do ;) I like doing the 2x a year trip....this past year I did May and now October and doing the same thing next year. Perfect timing for the festivals and the weather is just starting to change in the NE :thumbsup2 I think the October trip might be BLT....I don't want to be the last one to stay there!! :laughing:

I took the train out there once when my niece was younger.....had a fun time exploring :) Loved flamingo Henry :goodvibes

Tracy

I am stuck on the 2x a year too! We need more points! :rotfl2: I'm really looking forward to the 15 days, being able to relax quite a bit and just enjoy it, taking our time in the parks and all that. I just hope the weather is warm enough for some swimming in the afternoon. We are fine with it being cooler in the mornings/evenings, but not freezing all day long.

October is such a wonderful time to go! Our first trip was then and we loved it. :cloud9:

Wow 15 days in Disney! An obsesive planners dream!:laughing:

Looks like you had a great start to your trip. That picture of H sleeping is so flippin cute!:angel:

Are you still DVC members? I think I remember you saying something about trying to sell your membership. But I'm guessing you didn't since you'll be staying at DVC resorts.

I started planning way too much detail already - and then backed off. :rolleyes: I think I'm going to do a "Choose Your Own Adventure" type with Option A and B for each day of either 2 parks or 1 park and a no-park. Within the parks we just do whatever we feel like (except the obvious, like Dumbo Dash/TSM Stampede), so I don't go to that detail....but yes, it is very, very fun to plan! We already have too many ADRs. :laughing:

I love that picture of Henry sleeping too!! I couldn't believe he slept through both Joe and I getting ready - I sure wish he'd do that at home once in a while!

Yep, we still are DVC members. On the PTR for this trip I explained it a bit, but our buyer for DVC fell through (after a month of stringing us along! :mad:), but it was all for the best because Joe got a GREAT job (that pays a LOT more) 2 days before we moved out to New York, so that allowed us to keep the DVC! (and live a whole lot more comfortably :thumbsup2). I'm SO GLAD we didn't sell it, and now we hope to add on in 2012! :yay:

What a fun trip out to planet watch. WE took Abby when she was 2.5 and she was so unimpressed. She went to a Montessori then that had goats, horses, ducks, frogs, snakes, chinchillas and chickens so the whole petting live animals was just like a regular day to her. It was funny. Now she would love it! We skipped it last trip but I would bet we make it there this time. We had some foreign tourists on the train and they would not sit right. tHey kept sticking their legs way out the open train part. The conductor stopped the train and got them to stop and then they started again and the Disney police met us back at the train station. That was fun to watch. it was amazing how they had no comprehension of what was being asked of them until the police came to get them. Then their English was remarkably good.

That is so funny about Abby not caring about anything out there! But, I suppose if she had all that at school, just goats, a cow and a donkey aren't too exciting. :rotfl:

I experienced a couple tourists similar to what you did as well. Not on the train, but in lines where they would try to cut in line. I looked straight at the woman and stepped back in front of her. Someone else tapped her no the shoulder and said "Back there!" she looked at us like she didn't understand, so everyone just went back around her, forcing her to the back! :laughing: I can't remember where that was now....but it was annoying. I'm sure she understood enough English, or you know, hand signals from someone behind her in line, to get it! :rolleyes:

Brook do you have any pictures of th clear stroller bag?

I like how at the petting "farm" the animals can actually get away from the kids if they want by just going into the roped off areas.....you don't see that at the country fair!

Next time you visit....take a visit into the bathroom there...you and Joe will get a kick out of the stalls.

I don't have any pictures of it, but here is a link to it on Amazon - it's actually mesh: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000X2HC9W/ref=oss_product It's awesome.

Joe actually did go to the bathroom there, just to change Henry and I asked him if he saw any poo facts, but he didn't. I was tempted to go back in, but figured I would just save that for next time! I told him about it too, and he laughed - next trip we'll both be making bathroom breaks!

Great news for 15 days!!!!

I love CS. I have made the first train out there to check the board for animal examinations or surgeries. I not gotten lucky with a real great find but maybe someday. :rolleyes1

I completely forgot about the animal surgeries while we were out there, on the way back I remembered and was a bit bummed I didn't even think to look at the board. But, along with a bathroom stop, this will be done next time!

Now I have to comment on your update!! First of all it amazes me how big Henry is getting! He sure is growing up isn't he!!! He is such a handsome guy!! Glad he enjoyed petting the animals and his first visit to Planet Watch! I always try to get back there because its just so cool!!!

Isn't he huge?! I can't believe it either. And it's really cool because he is starting to remember things now - which is amazing because when they are little they have NO memory span, but now he talks about what he had for lunch yesterday, what he learned at Sunday School, etc. It's so fun! Lately it's been all about going to Grammy's House (November) and Mickey's House. He wants both, but Grammy's first. :laughing:

I know your dates are better than mine crowd wise. I thought about moving up the trip to avoid the Spring Break crowds but that would mean missing a lot of school and work. I thought it wouldn't be too bad since Easter is the end of April in 2011.
I know that the spring break afternoon park crowds are really bad. My plan is to get to the park at RD, stay until around 12 and then I have a lunch ADR or we have plans outside of the park and then we'll come back around 4 for dinner and night time fun.
During our NJ trip every summer we always take the bus to NYC a few times so maybe we can plan a meet for the new interactive Disney Store or something.:goodvibes
I love your Animal Kingdom pictures. I need to get back to Rafiki's. We haven't had nice AK weather in a while now. I'm always hiding the camera or going through puddles quickly that I never notice all the little details.

I bet your plan will work just great for the crowds. We never make RD, we just don't move that fast in the morning. :rotfl: So we'd be in the midst of the giant crowds and annoyed. I know eventually Henry will be in school and we'll have to deal with that, but hopefully we'll all just bite the bullet and get up earlier!

That would be FANTASTIC about having a DIS meet here in NYC!! Keep me posted!

I sure hope you get good weather this time for AK. It's such a beautiful park and fun to soak in the details.

Great update. Looking forward to the boneyard and the Flights of Wonder, because we have never done either of those.

15 days, I'm so jealous. But excited too because you are going to be there when we might be there. That is if I can twist my DH's arm into another trip so close to our November one. It would be cool though if we were there at the same time and could meet up.

Keep me posted on the possible trip! It isn't that close together, November - March is four months! :laughing: Ideally we would go every 4 months - last year we went 3 times. :cloud9: But this coming year will probably be just once - the giant March trip.

Cute!

This shop does have some unique things. I might be able to use some of my classroom money there in a few weeks. :thumbsup2

We love Rafiki's place. :goodvibes

Whichever - bring on the pictures! You are in one of my very favorite parks.:cool1:

Yes, you need to know the scoop on poop. ::yes::

Remember my bestest one ever? The tiger!

We try to get there early and hope to catch more good viewings in the future. Such a rare opportunity for children and adults to see things like that! Very cool.

Rafiki's is lots of fun, we will be making the trek out there in March. Just the train ride alone for Henry was fun.

And next time I won't skip the bathrooms! I had thought about it, but just didn't go in there. I'll be sure to take pics and get some education all at the same time. ;)

I do remember the tiger! I would love to see something like that.

I can't wait to see Animal Kingdom from Henry's view. I have debated on letting Brooklynn take her camera. I might take it in October.

Joe complained that the camera was too heavy in the stroller bag and was annoying when he had to fold up the stroller, but I think the pics are worth it! :rolleyes: I gotta try to figure out something more handy for March so Henry can keep it the whole trip.

I'll try to get his camera downloaded this week and post all the pics. I know he has at least one of Joe and I with that tiger cut out in Planet Watch! It is really fun to see what they take pictures of - not sure if you ever saw the pictures on my Facebook, but we let him take pictures all during the move to NYC, they are great.

A big congrats for 15 days!!! I will be so looking forward to that TR!! great AK pics. We also really liked going out there. Plan to spend more time there in Dec.

I wonder how long that TR will take me to write? :rotfl: Good thing we probably won't be going again for a year!

So much fun in AK!
I can't believe that Henry put Squirt back, most little ones just want it now and can't even think about what could be coming later....

As for swimming in Feb/March, it could have so much to do with sun and wind. I would think especially when you are at Boardwalk if you have lots of sun and not really cold temps you would be fine!
I really wanted to try out the slide on our March trip so I went for it. Brrrrr until I hit the pool, the water was nice and warm. Getting out, another story!

I was VERY surprised about him putting Squirt back! He's always been pretty good about putting stuff back when we say no, but this wasn't even a no...it was for him to make a decision. I was a proud Momma. :goodvibes

Thank you for the info on swimming in March! I sure hope we get an unseasonably warm time. The BW pool does get lots of sun though, so that will be helpful. Joe will be enjoying the hot tubs!

Well, thanks to your wonderful links, I have just read through your TR! So much to say....

First, what a magical first day you had at Disney! :goodvibes Your room at BW looked really pretty, and you can't beat the location. Love that Henry was tall enough for Soarin' and what's with a five minute wait? Crazy---I'd been right in that line too!

I love that you planned three things for each day. No rushing around, just relaxing and taking it easy. After that NYE trip, it's nice to relax, isn't it?

I am extremely jealous of 15 days for your March trip. ;)

Can you believe that wait time?! It was really incredible. I still think about it in awe! I doubt we'll ever see it again. :rotfl:

YES, after the NYE trip I was burned out! It was nice to just be us and do our own thing. Love the family, but it's exhausting! With that said, I can't wait to bring more friends and family! :rolleyes:

15 days!!! Goodness gracious! That sounds a-maz-ing! And such great resort choices too!

I love your day at AK so far. Taking it easy and enjoying the sights. I know Doug would love Rafiki's. I have a feeling if we went in, he would not want to ever leave! His two favorite things are learning and animals!

We are very excited about staying at the BWV again and trying BLT! I've been doing lots of research on BLT. We toured it this past trip (last day of the trip) and I really loved it. It's a beautiful resort.

Oh ya, Doug would be able to stay there for hours!!!! It really is very neat - I bet he would enjoy watching the animal care they have going on in the morning there.

We've only been out to Planet Watch once & it was a long time ago... probably 2002?? :confused3 It looks pretty much the same from your pictures.

I'm impressed that Henry did so well with the goats. My boys (especially DS9) are scared of them. Henry looks like he lives on a farm and sees goats every day. :thumbsup2

Henry has been to a few petting zoos in the past, and just recently the one for his birthday, right before the trip, he could pet and feed a few animals. So I think that helps. Plus, being from small town MN it wasn't all that uncommon to end up on a farm, or somewhere, with a few animals about! He's got good practice. :laughing:

What a fun morning! Being able to get ready while sweet Henry was sleeping, Henry eating muffins while watching Mickey's Clubhouse, and heading off to Animal Kingdom are all wonderful!

I took a million pictures of the train station and train in Africa, too! I adored the theming there!

I am in love with the picture of Henry taking the picture of the goats in the petting zoo! So cute!!!

The train station was very neat. The music struck me right away and just enveloped me in a happy place. I had to video just to get the music!

I gotta download those and see if that picture Henry took came out! I cannot recall if I looked at it on his camera or not after he took it...it might actually be a really good one being the goats were just his height! :laughing:

Oh my goodness, I'm sooo late to this TR! I just saw the link in your sig on my TR!!

Only at arrival but I have to say, your little boy is just so adorable! And your view from your room is gorgeous! I would have totally cried too!

:welcome: Glad you found me Nikki! I have a video I took of my first reaction to the room and view, but it's blurry b/c my phone was doing something weird and I get all choked up at the end. :rolleyes1 I was SO happy to be there!

Ok, I'm caught up! I didn't miss too much after all!

I love Animal Kingdom and all your pictures of the little details in that park are just beautiful! I don't think many people "get it" but you really have to slow down and look around to truly enjoy AK!

I have never seen that plaque either! Where is it!! :confused3 I must find it next time.

I agree! AK is such a beautiful park, those details make it incredibly unique and just a joy to walk through and experience. Out of any of the parks I think it truly transports you to another world.

The plaque is straight in the middle as you walk in - off to the left are the lockers (I think) and off to the right is the start of the Oasis/stroller/wheel chair rental. It's on the ground and easy to miss since it just looks like a rock!

I just ordered the mesh bag thingy. Thanks for posting. My goal is to be diaper bag free this next trip. I am praying that Brady will be fully potty-trained. He will turn 3 during the trip. We're working on it and I really need to step up my game. I am done changing two kids. Colin will be in diapers, of course, but I am hoping that between that mesh thingy, the storage under the stroller (ours has a ton) and a small purse of some sort (I am vetoing my VB hipster but something like that) we will be good to go. THere is a brighton bag that keeps calling my name but it is not Dave friendly if you know what I mean...:rolleyes1

If I could pick up and go (and still have the same basic hours, pay, and benefits) working at Rafiki's Planet Watch/Conservation Station would be my ideal job. Since I can't, kids like Doug will be my ideal students! :thumbsup2

I bet he and I could spend a couple of very fun hours out there.
If we ever have trips that overlap in Disney World, that's where we'll plan to meet. :)

I can picture you at Planet Watch. ::yes:: You'd be excellent!

Do you ever think about retiring there, I think you've mentioned it, but I cannot recall? My Mom is about to visit FL, with a stop in Epcot, in 5 days. I am praying she loves it. I spoke to a very nice CM during our trip who is retired and he LOVES his job. Works part time, benefits are awesome, company is awesome - he gave me info on where my Mom could live, what she could do, etc. It was great! I passed that onto her, just hoping, hoping, hoping. :laughing: Even if she doesn't work for Disney I would love for her to live there, it would make for truly wonderful vacations and holidays!!

You're excitement for your disney day must have woken you up! I am always like that in disney :laughing:

I agree the bus sharing wasn't as bad as I thought it would be! There were some late nights though where I just wanted to go back to the room and sleep and of course we were the last stop :laughing:

Cute picture of you and Henry with the Animal Kingdom sign!

I have never noticed the Animal Kingdom plaque either :confused3

Sounds like you all had a great time at Rafiki's! It is such a nice place to go check out to get away from the heat!

Can't wait to hear about where you went next!

I'm never like that, ever! I was so surprised when I woke up. But I suppose you are right - I was excited and we had SUCH a good travel day, it didn't exhaust me as much as it usually does!

Wow Brook, that Planet Watch looks awsome!! Out of all our AK trips, we have not ever done Planet Watch. Guess we will be doing that when we go in May. Not sure why we have never done it:confused3
Great update! I love the pictures of little Henry taking pictures:) So cute. Im glad you are feeling better too. Thanks for the help with linking my tr in my siggy. I am going to have dh help me figure that out today! Crossing my fingers we can do it! Thanks again:thumbsup2

Planet Watch is fun! There is a lot for kids to run around and see, and a huge bonus that it's air conditioned. This was our 6th trip and we had never made it back there before either!

Did you get my most recent PM on the link? I hope you can get it!

I really think it will a lovely time for you guys! The weather can still be a little fickle but it should be 35 degrees like it was this past January ;)

You must have gotten lucky with your BLT reservation because it seems that our dates aren't available :( I can take the last 3 nights lake view but that begs the question of what to do with the first night! UGH! I'm torn! I could just leave well enough alone and stay with Boardwalk!

We definitely should do a Kona Coffee meet!!!!! I think a whole breakfast might be fun ;) I know DD will LOVE Henry!

I love your update! Ryan was so excited to see Henry in the same "jammies" he has!

It sound like you had a fabulous time at the Planet Watch! We haven't been back there since 05! We may have to give it another try! Especially because it's a train ride! Ryan is all about trains!

It better not be 35! :laughing: Fickle weather is okay, we'll pack for that...and have to take more suitcases this trip. ;)

That stinks about BLT! Erg. I haven't gotten the letter about the slide, but I assume it's on it's away, but from others that have gotten it they said we could use SAB instead if we wanted??? I think THAT would be AWESOME. It's such a close walk...we will be heading over there for sure!! (as long as the weather cooperates)

A whole breakfast would be very, very fun...what are you exact dates again? I have a Chef Mickey's breakfast planned!

Henry is all about the trains too. Today he randomly said, "Mommy, I want Mickey's train. Goes fast! Doors open!"

"The choo-choo one or the monorail?"

"The monorail, ya!"

He looked at SEVERAL times during the trip, but we resisted. It might end up under the tree this Christmas though, espeically since I have some gift card money!

Great AK update!!!

I know what you mean...there were mornings on our trip when we were up early but felt bad making Luke miss his favorite Disney cartoons! He was just so content sitting there so we figured why make him leave early when he's not ready to. He's in the stage where its so much easier to make him do something if its "his own idea." If I suggest something to him (like, why don't we get ready to leave now), then wait a few minutes and ask him the same thing again, he usually shakes his head "yes" and will go to the door! I'm so not ready for him to be grown up! :rolleyes:

I loved the pictures of Henry at Rafiki's Planet Watch!!! So very cute! I know that alot of people skip it or don't care for it, but we find it to be relaxing & of course Luke loves the petting area! He also likes looking at the snakes (which mommy does NOT like! :eek: lol) We got to see Rafiki, Pocahontas, and Jiminy Cricket this trip! I was excited because last year, we missed all the characters there.

Those misting fans are the BEST on a hot, humid day!!! My husband and I took turns using them every chance we got! It was over 95 every day (with humidity it felt over 100) so we'd dry within 2 seconds! :laughing: Unfortunately, Luke was terrified of them (especially the Coke bottle & Fire engine at DHS!) so sometimes, we had to literally RUN away from them as fast as we could! People probably thought we were crazy, but he would scream because he was so afraid. I started "watching out" for them at one point during our trip just so he wouldn't see them.

I love all the little details you find in the parks!!! I never noticed most of the signs you took pictures of, so I'm glad you included them in your report!

And...last...but of course not least...CONGRATS!!!! on your 15 day trip!!! That is amazing & I am thrilled for you guys!!!!

I never went at the beginning of March so I'm not sure about the weather. I have heard from others (same as people are reporting to you) that the evenings/nights are chilly but its still warm during the day. We went the last week of March (last year) and it was sooo hot! We wore tank tops & shorts everyday. Although I do remember a few evenings when I would bring along a hoodie for all of us, so it was still a little chilly.

Can't wait to read more of your report! And I hope that you are feeling better. I think something is going around with the weather changing all of a sudden in the Eastern US. We were all sick a few weeks ago. Yesterday the thermostat in our house said 89...today it says 67...yikes! What a change in just one day! :sad2:

Have a good weekend! :hug:

Henry is in that EXACT stage. A lot of times I don't give him a total choice, but tell him, "It's time to get dressed. Do you want to wear this shirt or this one?" so he still has freedom of choice in it, but has to get dressed. Know what I mean? Sometimes we get the meltdown though...! :rolleyes: He was so sweet on vacation, so content watching his shows - I figured, it's his vacation too - let him enjoy!!

Henry really liked the snake too. Ick. I wandered away from the area at that point and let him and Joe look! :laughing: I wish we had gotten to see the characters back there, but just Rafiki was out. I think I would have waited for Jiminy!

Oooh poor Luke not liking the misting fans! Henry insisted on waiting for the coke and truck ones at DHS! I bet Luke won't mind as much next time. It's amazing what they find frightening and then suddenly it's not anymore. I think its more a fear of not knowing what it is/how to react. Poor little man!

The weather out here in the NE has been nuts! It was 90 on Friday and Saturday, yesterday was mid-60s! Today rainy. I'm ready for cooler temps, no more 80s. I'm good with the 70s and 60s!

Thank you for the info on March too - I am very fine with cooler in the morning/evening but warm in the afternoon - that is PERFECT. Or HOT. ::yes:: It will feel good to be warm after being in the cold months here for so long!

Great photos and a great start! Looking forward to more :)

Thank you!!! I wanted to do another update today, but I'm running out of time, hopefully tomorrow.

You have one precious little boy. Love the sleeping and flamingo poses. :goodvibes

I'm going to reveal myself as a bad DISer and tell you I've never made it out to Planet Watch. :scared1: There's so much in AK I haven't really explored. I may have to break down and actually consult a map. :rotfl:

Can't wait to hear what happens next on your magical trip and still uber-excited about your 15 days!! :yay:

I was surprised he remembered the flamingo pose - I showed him that on his first trip to the Minnesota Zoo, which was over a year ago -and each time he sees one, he does the pose! :cutie:

Oh no worries on Planet Watch! If we didn't have a 3 year old I might skip it...though the animal surgeries could be really cool to see. And just to say you've been there, done that, is kinda nice too. I had to break out the map for Planet Watch too. :laughing:

No, you still queue up in the pre-show with the rest of the riders. Basically, the idea is that they're using the single rider line to fill in the spaces between people in the other lines. They explicitly state that groups of people that use the single rider line will be broken up, and that it doesn't necessarily guarantee you'll get on any faster (although in practice it was pretty quick.) I did have a 20-25 minute wait once in the single-rider line on California Screamin', but in that case there were a lot of people using the single-rider line. On most rides with single-rider lines, you would be entering via the handicap entrance (and in a couple of cases, this means you'll need to take a couple of elevator rides to get there.)

Ah! Makes sense. They really should do that on the one in Disney World too. The wait is always long no matter what...well, except for us this past trip!

Love your AK photos!
And 15 days in Disney sounds just perfect :cloud9:

Thank you! Our January 2009 trip was the longest we have ever done, and I think that was 9 days - so this is going to seem like forever! I'm stinkin' excited!

I'm so sorry to hear that, Brook.
As long as everyone is o.k, that is the important part.
Hope everything works out.:goodvibes

Brook, my thoughts and prayers are with all affected. Big hugs to your family.

How awful. I didn't know they had flooded? I guess I'm not up on the news. We will be praying for your family! :hug:

I am so sorry to hear of all the lose for those close to you. I will keep them all in my prayers. It must be so awful to lose everything like that.

I wish we lived closer. Clothes and supplies could have been donated.

Brook I am so sorry about your cousin's situation! I hope that they will be able to get back to a normal life as soon as possible! :hug:

Oh, Brook, what horrible news about your grandmother's house and your cousin's things! Lots of prayers headed to Minnesota and to your family! :hug:

Nashville is still recovering months after our flood back in early May. When you see rowboats driving inside the mall to assess damage, it seems so unreal, yet it is real. They are hoping to open that mall up by Christmas, but that's iffy, from what I hear. Your family and that entire area is in our thoughts and prayers. It will be physically and emotionally hard on them in the months ahead.

So sorry to hear about your family, Brook. :hug:

Brook I am so very sorry to hear about your family's situation. :hug:

Tracy

Life is such a roller coaster... first I'm feeling ecstatic for you because of your 15-day trip plans and then you tell us about the terrible flooding in Minnesota (I hadn't heard, here in NJ).

Ups and downs, ups and downs... no wonder you're getting headaches!

Feel better, Brook. I'm sending prayers for all those affected by the flooding.

Kathy

Just catching up now so I'll be a bit all over.

Praying for your family - we had some rotten floods around here (we were lucky) after just a torrential rain. I hope all will work out for them and that they'll get the help they need.

So sorry to hear what your family is going through! Thoughts and prayers going out to all of you! :hug:

Just read back. I am so sorry about the flooding. I had friends affected by the Nashville floods and they are still trying to put thier lives back together. I will say prayers for your family. I wish I was closer so I could donate some stuff to your family.

Most importantly, prayers to your family and everyone in that area devestated by the floods. I have a few friends out there and luckily, they were for the most part spared, just minor damage. I know it is easy for me to say but at least they are all safe, they can replace the belongings but being safe and together is most important!

I'm so sorry to hear about your family. They will be in my prayers Brook.

So sorry about your family and friends and having to deal with the flooding. I did see that on the news. Our home flooded in 1983 when I was in high school. Hardest thing to recover from. So much work and it takes time.

I'm so very sorry to hear about your family being affected by the flood. I will definitely add your family to my prayer list.

Sending up prayers. The flooding is devastating.

Thank you everyone. :goodvibes I just learned last night this flooding, of 35 counties, hasn't really made the news outside of MN. :sad2: It's really quite irritating considering how many little towns are GONE. However, you all are right - everyone is safe. I had some family rescued by helicopter from their roof top, but they made it.

Thank you for your kind words and prayers.

MeMom/Stasieki - It's amazing what kind of damage water can do, isn't it? I wonder how long it will take there. Probably not nearly as long as Nashville considering its just a small town, but what do the people do that are homeless? It's such a tragedy.

Kathy - you are right. Yesterday at church and during a birthday party at a park I didn't have a headache at all. The ordeal was far from my mind. I got back home and got on FB and suddenly my head started to throb. It's stress....I've been not letting myself get worked up about it today, praying and trusting that everything will work out - I feel a TON better!

I don't remember exactly the weather. I might have mentioned it in my TR.

BLT sounds lovely! And the Kona coffee= heaven!

I gotta go back and read some of these March TRs!

I love that Kona coffee...oh so so good. It's good when it's hot outside, but when the air has a slight bite to it, it's even better!

Rafiki's planet watch is great, isn't it. So relaxing and cool.

It is a very fun area! I loved that it was air conditioned. :laughing:

Wonderful AK update, it's so funny that Henry did sleep longer than the two of you! :goodvibes

Once again I loved all your pictures! The Harambe train station is wonderfully themed and I never seem to get enough pictures to really capture it.

And wow: 15 days!!! How exciting for you! I am really starting to miss planning a Disney vacation, but since I have the vague idea of spending my 40th birthday next November at WDW, there won't be any winter/spring trip in 2011 for me. Also, I am planning to visit a friend who works in Isreal at the moment in the spring, so there is a vacation on the horizon. But I still miss WDW! :goodvibes

Oh wow! Israel is a WONDERFUL place to visit - we loved our trip there! We hope to go back again sometime when Henry is older. Where in Israel does your friend work? We were all over the country, from the north to the dessert. Beautiful, beautiful. I hope that works out!

This March trip will probably be our only of 2011...so I'll be in your shoes next year waiting to plan and feeling like the trip is forever away. I think celebrating your 40th there is going to be incredible though! Maybe we could swing a cheap cash trip in November 2011...:rolleyes1 :laughing:

HOLY COW, 15 days?! That is insane! We won't cross paths now but you can think of me on the day you come home since that's my birthday. haha

Love the AK updates! I don't think I've ever seen the AK dedication rock (plaque?) either. I will have to look for that!

If you remind me maybe I'll make you a Happy Birthday sign that last day and stand in front of the Castle with it! :goodvibes

The plaque is right in the middle when you first walk in and start to veer to the right for the Oasis. It's really easy to miss since it just looks like a rock. Kinda neat!

15 DAYS?! Ok - you are now my hero. :goodvibes I don't think I could ever get Mark to agree to that..having a hard time with just 10.

I love Planet Watch. We always make sure to hit it to pet the "baby" goats...yes, I know they are not babies, but that's how we refer to them. :laughing: We are just big kids I guess.

I also didn't know about the plastic animals (since it's always just adults on our trips.) We might have to try and find them next time.

I am blessed with a Disney lovin' hubby. He talks of adding on more points than I do - and it was HIS idea first for the 2 week vacation. I couldn't let it go at that point. :rotfl:

Hey, if anywhere in the world you are allowed to be big kids, it's at Disney! Pet away!!! I did too!

I think the plastic animal hunt was in the first little hut on the trail.

And, we are there Feb 26-March 5. There may just have to be a Casey's Corndog Meet afterall:cool1::cool1::cool1:.

::yes:: I am thinkin' that sounds mighty good!!!!!

We ended up skipping AK so I am really enjoying your pictures! :thumbsup2

Bummer about missing AK! But I know you guys just went with the flow and truly, that is the best. AK will be there next time!

Your pictures at AK are beautiful. We love that area of the park to take a break from the crowds.

Thank you! I love taking pictures in AK, the details there never cease to amaze me.

So our trips will overlap, though I will miss you at BWV by one day. Yep, we got 2 garden view studios (my dad and his SO are coming with us!!). Might have to jump in on a Dis meet with all the March folks! :banana:

And I will need to put Planet Watch on our to do list. I know my son will enjoy it but my dad will flip out!!!:laughing: He went nuts in Animal Kingdom last time, he had a smile on his face from the moment we walked in. He's such a kid at heart! :)

Can't wait for more pics!!

:dance3::dance3: Woo-hoo! That sounds GREAT!! We should plan a big 'ol get together! I've got a small list of people already!

That is so fun about your Dad! I love that. Disney brings out the kid in all of us - and it's OKAY to act like one there. :cloud9: He will enjoy Planet Watch!

That is my favorite!! I love Madie when she's awake, but the peace that you find on their little faces when they're alseep, it doesn't get better than that!

I really enjoyed Planet Watch as well, but DH thinks it's boring.:sad2: I guess from his perspective it's not an "activity" so to speak, like a ride. Boy does he have a rude awakening coming next year.:rotfl:

15 DAYS???? Yeah, I know a few people have done the exact same thing, but WOW!!!! That is so exciting!! I can't wait for you to start your PTR. That will be an extravaganza!!:woohoo:

You are so right - they are just adorable when they are sleeping. I have a picture of Henry the first time he slept in his crib and its still one of my favorites. I have another one when he fell asleep "reading" his Nemo book to Mickey. :lovestruc So cute.

I bet your DH won't mind the non-rides next year when he's watching his little girl light up with joy and wonder at the sight of a Disney duck or fountain! It's amazing how differently you tour with a little one....of course you gotta still squeeze in the favorites too. ;)

I took the weekend off from the Dis so I'm so far behind.

First off Congrats on your extra long trip and I'm so green with envy.

Loved the AK update. So many great pictures of the park and Henry. We actually like Planet Watch. We usually end up spending a good bit of time out there. Danielle is 11 and still likes it. DH likes all the animal stuff going on inside.

That is very cool that Danielle still likes Planet Watch - it really can be for people of all ages - the petting part is geared for the little ones, but the animal facts and care are good for everyone.

I just ordered the mesh bag thingy. Thanks for posting. My goal is to be diaper bag free this next trip. I am praying that Brady will be fully potty-trained. He will turn 3 during the trip. We're working on it and I really need to step up my game. I am done changing two kids. Colin will be in diapers, of course, but I am hoping that between that mesh thingy, the storage under the stroller (ours has a ton) and a small purse of some sort (I am vetoing my VB hipster but something like that) we will be good to go. THere is a brighton bag that keeps calling my name but it is not Dave friendly if you know what I mean...:rolleyes1

I hope it works as well for you as it did for us! The long pockets easily hold a wipe case and diapers - or you can stick diapers in the mesh part. The little zip pocket is where I kept my cards - room key, AP, etc. And I kept hand sani in the little pocket that doesn't have a zipper. It worked SLICK. Back check was a breeze!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter