basketball tournament..can dh watch onboard?

CaptainMorgan

Earning My Ears
DH is flipping out that he is going to miss the basketball championship while we are on the Magic April 1-8. Should I tell him to "get over it" now or will there be a way for him to see it onboard? I looked at the tv channel listing on the ship and didn't see CBS listed. Thanks

I can't vouch for specifically basketball, but we were on the Magic in Jan 2005. DH watched the Eagles play somebody, while I walked around in Key West a while. He called at halftime and I met him back at the ship. The place was Diversions. It was really nice and I ever time we went there, there was some type of sports thing going on.
Tell him not to worry. :cheer2:

I'm sure others with experience will post, but I did some searching on the same topic a couple weeks ago (we're on the 3/25 Magic and DH is very serious about his brackets)! It sounded like Diversions will show most of the games. It also sounded like big sports events are often shown on the "Dumbotron" by the Goofy Pool. I read somewhere that Disney gets the International ESPN feed in English to show these kinds of events. I sure hope this is all correct or I'll have a disappointed DH on my hands.

Good Luck
Leslie

Not sure about the NCAA's specifically but, last June they made sure to show the Detroit/San Anton. NBA finals (broadcast on NBC) in a couple of the bars.

I'm pretty sure that they would make an attempt to show at least some of the games.

Good Luck.

Go UCLA!!

Captain Morgan,
I think your dh will be fine. My dh is a big sports fan. We always cruise Thanksgiving and March (NCAA-time) and he has always seen everyting he wants.

Last November Diversions had more than one game on at a time. There was a short period where they had satellite reception issues, but it did not last long.

We leave on Saturday and dh packed dd basketball outfits. They plan on spending time watching the game and eat the "pub" sancks.

In Novemeber I believe the pubmaster was Krisitie and she was great. My dh and dd went to watch games. Dd was 15months at the time and Kristie would play with her while dad and her were there.

Hope that puts your mind at rest. My dh would miss the cruise before he would miss the games :)

We've only cruised in March and March Madness is alive and well on every cruise we've been on! Quite a fun event in the past and we're looking forward to watching our "brackets" on the 3/26 Wonder!!

It will probably be on the TV's in the bars and in the cabins, as long as the satellite signal is good.

They had all the bowl games on during our New Years cruise.

Only team I even slightly cared about, Pacific was eliminated today, so the tournament is over in our household.

I used to work at the CBS station here, we hated this time of year. Nobody watches college basketball around here, and all the Price Is Right, and Soap Opera fans call and complain about basketball being on.

I can confidently say that I spent a great deal of time in Diversions on the Wonder last year watching the basketball tournament...don't worry. :jumping3:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter