Basically Room Only prices on Orbitz Today

trying2photo

Mouseketeer
For everyone who is waiting on the room only prices, you should check out Orbitz. I just booked POP at about 24% off rack plus it was eligible for a discount code. My six nights in November averaged $87.72 plus tax. Woot Woot!:yay::banana:

I can't remember exactly which one I used. I did a search for Orbitz codes and found a few but don't remember which one I used.
HOTEL10 is 10% and TRAVEL5 is 5%. I used one for 10% off. I entered the code and got and the discount applied and when I got to the final screen it said the price had changed and it took it off. I went back and entered all the info again, and it went through fine. I think I might have taken to long to complete the transaction the first time. Hope that helps!

I tried this for our dates for POFQ (peak times) to see if I could snag a deal and here is what I determined:

The Orbitz room rate is advertised at 278/night on average.
I used the 10% code and it reduced it another 194.00, bring it to 287/night average including the tax. So overall for a 7 night stay, I would only save $75.00 if I buy my park tickets separately as well.

I think the tax with Orbitz is much higher than with Disney directly as with Disney you are booking a package price. Maybe I'm wrong, but those are the numbers I get which amounts to less than 5% in savings overall. :worried:

Has anyone had any experience booking Disney with Orbitz? I mean with actually booking and checking in and everything was okay?

Used orbitz last time and you get a Disney confirmation code just like a normal booking.
Even got upgraded!

The last time I looked at using one of those discount codes with an online agency - I think it was Orbitz - I didn't like that I had to pay them directly in full when booking. I prefer to wait for a Disney discount and book directly with them.

I tried this for our dates for POFQ (peak times) to see if I could snag a deal and here is what I determined:

I used the 10% code and it reduced it another 194.00, bring it to 287/night average including the tax. So overall for a 7 night stay, I would only save $75.00 if I buy my park tickets separately as well.

I think the tax with Orbitz is much higher than with Disney directly as with Disney you are booking a package price. Maybe I'm wrong, but those are the numbers I get which amounts to less than 5% in savings overall. :worried:

Sorry you were not able to snag a great deal. Peak times are hard! I was looking at mid-November. POFQ at that time is $152 and you use the 10% code makes it about $137. I guess getting a deal all depends on your exact travel dates.

I priced rooms on Disney and Orbitz tonight, and my calculations (which I admit might not be the best) show no difference between the room rate and the tax percentage. Both averaged 12-13% tax on the room rate.

FWIW, I just booked five nights in early October at Poly, Garden V, CL for an unbelievable $2400 including tax via Orbitz.

Not all Disney resorts (Deluxes especially) had this kind of discount. But that rate for CL at Poly cannot be beat.

I was hoping for a 30% to 35% fall discount at BWI or YC, and was going to try for CL there (and my math showed that I would pay between $2200 to $2400 at those rates). Since Poly historically has lower discounts, the CL rooms were out of my price range and the GV rooms were just within. To get a CL room at the Poly at this price? Amazing.

I have to arrange my own transportation with this rate (WDW perks are not included in the specific room rate I got on Orbitz). We were planning on doing so anyway...we're carrying on our bags since our airline charges out the wazoo for checked bags and would rather just hop in a cab to get to the hotel. As far as other perks, we don't use EMHs (have found that other parks are much less busy when another has EMHs, so go to those without the extra hours). Nor are we huge shoppers, so don't need packages delivered to our room. My main needs when I'm not in a park is lounging with a snack and drink while the fam plays at the resort (so CL works *great* for me).

So this rate works out great for us at this particular hotel. The Orbitz rates on some hotels weren't that great (when compared to potential fall discounts due out *hopefully* by Aug 1). But there were some hotels on that site that had amazing deals, even when compared to fall RO discounts!

I priced 3 nights at the poly in October and if I cancel with disney and rebook with orbitz it's $600 cheaper with the hotel10 code added!!!

Just priced a suite at AoA thru Orbitz and would save 400.00! If I cancel thru Disney will my deposit be refunded?

Just priced a suite at AoA thru Orbitz and would save 400.00! If I cancel thru Disney will my deposit be refunded?

Depends. If you cancel a package before the 45 day marker, yes. If you cancel a package more than 5 days before arrival, yes.

How can they exclude you from EMH? Especially evening EMH - you just show your room key to the CMs at the rides. I can't remember if morning EMH you have to run your key thru at the turnstile or do you just show it?

How can they exclude you from EMH? Especially evening EMH - you just show your room key to the CMs at the rides. I can't remember if morning EMH you have to run your key thru at the turnstile or do you just show it?

They don't exclude you. As long as you stay at a Disney hotel and show your room key you are good.

just booked yacht club for 3 nights in october with 35% off. good enough for me! i know disney might come out with the same code in the next while, but figured i'd scoop it up just in case it doesn't apply to my dates!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter