Baseball games

Kerryc

Mouseketeer
we would love to experience a baseball game. is there anywhere in orlando we can do this?

?wideworld of sports? I'm not sure, but I'm sure you'll be able to find somewhere. We have been to baseball in Toronto at the SkyDome, Football (american) at the Air Canada Centre and Hockey at the MCI Center, Washington D.C. All of these were fantastic and the atmosphere incredible. Anyone else know?

There are pre-season games (Spring Training) at both Disney's WWoS and the Kissimmee Sports Arena, where Atlanta and Houston respectively play in March each year. Sadly, there isn't even any minor league baseball in Orlando once the season starts (in April, through to end of September), but the Tampa Bay Devil Rays do offer Major League Baseball at Tropicana Field in St Petersburg, and their games are usually cheap and easy to get tickets for. It is a little bit of a hike from Orlando, but it makes for a good day out if you go in the morning and spend some time on the beaches or in St Pete's before the game (usually at 7pm). If you arrive a couple of hours early, you can also watch batting practice, which is quite fun, and the players often chat to fans then, too.

SimonV said:
There are pre-season games (Spring Training) at both Disney's WWoS and the Kissimmee Sports Arena, where Atlanta and Houston respectively play in March each year. Sadly, there isn't even any minor league baseball in Orlando once the season starts (in April, through to end of September), but the Tampa Bay Devil Rays do offer Major League Baseball at Tropicana Field in St Petersburg, and their games are usually cheap and easy to get tickets for. It is a little bit of a hike from Orlando, but it makes for a good day out if you go in the morning and spend some time on the beaches or in St Pete's before the game (usually at 7pm). If you arrive a couple of hours early, you can also watch batting practice, which is quite fun, and the players often chat to fans then, too.

We've done this quite a few times. It's a very easy run out to Tropicana Field. If I remember correctly it takes about 90 minutes from Orlando. We plan on going again in August to see Boston v Tampa.

Andy

NBA basketball games are also great fun to attend....not so much for the game but for all the stuff they do in the arena....

the team in Orlando is the Orlando Magic....the season stretches from the autumn to the spring....
I've never seen the Magic play, but i've been to zillions of Detroit Pistons games at the Palace and it's really great entertainment....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter