Bars to check out in Disney

CathiVee

Earning My Ears
Hey guys! Do you have any suggestions as to which bars would be fun for my BF and I to check out? We are 25 and visiting Disney in late July.

I would assume all the good ones are in Downtown Disney and not in the parks, correct?

Thanks!!

we had fun @ pardisco 37 in DD
Ohanas Bar -fun & good bartender
Bongos bar was beat & ehhhh
T-rex was fun!

My boyfriend and I prefer the bars in the deluxe resorts. The Belle Vue Lounge at the Boardwalk Inn and the Victoria Falls Lounge in the Animal Kingdom Lodge are particular favorites. We also enjoy the bars at the Yacht/Beach Club and Wilderness Lodge but their names escape me at the moment.

I second the previous poster who said the bar at Ohana is fun. It's called Tambu Louge and is inside the Polynesian Resort. Try the Lapu Lapu.

Do not forget all of the "bars" in the World Showcase in EPCOT. Especially the tequila bar in Mexico. I am sure you have heard about/read about Drinking Around the World. There is a new Wine Bar in Italy, too. Looks cool.

We also like getting a mojito at Bongos but walking around Downtown Disney with it.

For a more upscale/city-like atmosphere, try Il Mulino in the Swan Hotel.

If you are into great mixed drinks, the bluezoo lounge at the Dolphin is IMO the best bar on property. The mixologists are very skilled and the specialty drink menu here is quite extensive. This lounge feels like a real lounge (I find most of the Disney resort lounges feel like waiting areas for people to be seated for dinner).

If you like sushi, you can get a win-win combination at Kimonos at the Swan.

The tequila bar in Epcot is a must for us also. And I don't mind stopping at the outdoor Dawa Bar in AK for a quick treat.

Of the Disney lounges, I like Crew Cup at Yacht Club, Belle Vue at Boardwalk and Mizners at GF.

I like the River Roost at the POR. Attentive bar staff and it's very laid back.

Like the responses so far. :thumbsup2

We would add the bar in Il Mullino at the Swan.

There are very few bars in the parks, and most of those are at Epcot. There are two at DHS (Tune Inn Lounge and High Octane) and two at AK (Dawa Bar and Yak & Yeti). Magic Kingdom is dry except for dinner at Be Our Guest (no bar). There are plenty of lounges at the Disney resorts. I don't rank Downtown Disney particularly high regarding the bars, except maybe Raglan Road, unless you want to stay out later than 10 PM.

Already mentioned, but...

Belle Vue Lounge at BoardWalk and Raglan Road. These are 'sit down' bars, but the pic below depicts me on my favorite Epcot 'ride'.

Bill From PA

I like Tambu Lounge at the Poly. A few years ago they had the best chicken lettuce wraps! Not sure if they still have them, but I definitely recommend them!

I'm 31 and have only went adults only. I highly reccomend the Tambu lounge in the Poly.. Raglan Road in DTD is great too. Best thing is to go drinking in the World Showcase in Epcot. Most of the hotel bars are very nice in their own little way.

I would also recommend Petals Pool Bar at Pop Century. Fun bar, great bartenders, The bar at the Port Orleans Riverside has a guy Ye Haw Bob who puts on good show, Dawa Bar in Animal Kingdom is great for people watching, The Rose and Crown in EPCOT which is in the England area, The High Octane Bar in Hollywod Studios can get hot as the sun beats down on it and shade is not optimal. Rix Lounge in Coronado Springs can be fun.
The tequila bar in Miexico pavilion is good as well. Plenty of tequila and margaritas are very good. Raglan Road is good at Downtown and Jellyrolls on the Boardwalk.

That gives you a few new ones and some repeats from earlier posters. Have fun!!!!!

I agree with all of those... EPCOT has the best bars, do not miss the frozen lemonades with Gray Goose Citron at France, Sake in Japan, or Tequila Bar in Mexico. It gets pretty intense with the heat, but well worth it. Also, the best pool bar IMO is the Barefoot Bar at the Poly... Great service with the regular bartenders there especially Jaime! Although, was there two weeks ago and the pool will be going through a remodel in the fall so the bar will be closed for that time... Have fun! :yay:

My fave's in order

Ragland Road (best beers and the Irish folk band and dancer are great)
Territorial Lounge in WL(Hiden gem. Small but very laid back. Place to melt)
Tambuu in Poly (Lapu Lapu anyone?)

And there are some great little pool bars at AKJambo, WL and POFQ.

for the parks, I simmply say LaCava- nothing compares!

http://partythroughtheparks.squarespace.com/epcot/

The Belle Vue Lounge at the Boardwalk Inn is, by far, my favourite lounge/bar at WDW. We love nothing more than sitting out on the balcony on a summer's evening and watching the world go by :cloud9:

Cathivee:

As you can see, it all boils down to what type of bar scene you are after--relaxing, or (by Disney standards) somewhat "happening":)

For outstanding and sometimes unusual cocktails, I second the bluezoo recommendation at the Dolphin resort. (Easy to get to via the International Showcase exit at Epcot. Just walk toward the hotels with the silly cake-toppers.:thumbsup2 )

Also, we love the Crew's Cup at the Yacht Club -- can also order a meal here. I'd go to the Tambu just for a Lapu Lapu though the ambience has kinda taken a hit for us due to the rearranged seating area of 'Ohana (unless they've changed it again since 2012.)

One not mentioned yet is Fuego at dtd. It is right next to RR. It is a cigar bar but can get quite hopping at night.

You have to be a DVC member but if you ever get a chance, visit the Top of the World lounge on top of Bay Lake Tower. Great atmosphere and a spectacular view of MK. Wishes soundtrack is pumped through the speakers during the fireworks. It's really quite incredible!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter