Bargain at the Dollar Tree

Discussion in 'Budget Board' started by Lars624, Apr 22, 2003.

1. Lars624

Lars624 <font color=magenta>Riddle Goddess<br><font color=

I was at my local Dollar Tree store yesterday and was surprised to find the hard cover book "Celebration U.S.A.-Living in Disney's Brave New Town" by, Douglas Frantz & Catherine Collins.
    I've just started reading it and so far it's pretty interesting. Definately worth a buck!:D
    I apologize if this has already been posted & I missed it but I thought it was worth passing along.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. SamSam

SamSam http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/index.

I'll be checking our Dollar Tree tomorrow. Thanks for the tip.:D

4. Muffy

Muffy <font color=red>Oh how I wish I lived in Florida!<

Thank you! I'll be checking our DT too!

5. patsal

patsal <font color=FF3399>I've discovered I don't need to

Looks like I'll add a trip to Dollar Tree to my to do list today!

6. Nancybell

Nancybell Earning My Ears

FYI...Dollar Tree has some fabulous deals. One that my family always uses from DT is purchasing the raincoats for $1.00 vs buying them at Disney. We stock up every year as we go 3-4 times a year and you never know when that rain will hit. Better to be stocked and prepared.

7. RobinLyn

RobinLyn <font color=0000CC>DIS Veteran<br><font color=6600

Just wanted to mention.....it's not best to buy suntan lotion at Dollar Tree (if anyone considered it). It is likely old, at least a year or two, and may not give you or your kids the protection you will need in Florida's strong sun. I know first hand that this is true, out dated suntan lotion does not work well if at all and you can get burnt bad. :D

8. Nancybell

RobynLyn have a super time - the clock is ticking...

9. sln88

sln88 WDW 10/22/05 Wonder 10/27/05!

Do you guys have this store where you live? I love this place. Thay had some Disney girl paperback series books, mickey/minnie pencil cases/sets, mickey hand post it holder, 100 year celebration magnets. I never know what I will find. I was just wondering if this was just a local store, or if they are in other areas.

10. Lars624

Lars624 <font color=magenta>Riddle Goddess<br><font color=

No we don't have that store here sln88, but I wish we did, it sounds like a good one.

11. cindala

cindala <font color=blue>Must solemnly vow NEVER to toggle

Just checked his moring, but no Celebration book in my local store!:( [​IMG]

:sunny::bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :sunny:

12. LISALISA36

LISALISA36 Guest

hi everyone,
    I just bought one of those flat boogie boards or floats what ever you want to call them,the kids use them to float on,,they are flat and will fit in the suitcase perfect.... then we are going to leave it for someone else to enjoy....better than renting at pool!

13. timbud1

timbud1 Mouseketeer

Hey! No, ours doesn't have any of that cool Disney stuff right now - boo. We do have the neat boogey boards, though - got some! Also got these great packs that come with glow stick, necklace, and bracelet. Plan to hand these to the girls at Fantasmic! Only six more days...can't wait!!

14. RobinLyn

RobinLyn <font color=0000CC>DIS Veteran<br><font color=6600

"Thank You" Nancybell!!! It takes so long to get here and then it goes by sooooo fast! We always have a great time at WDW though, who doesn't ;)

15. Nancybell

RobinLyn: In agreement. You wait and wait and wait and can't wait for the Disneyday to arrive. And than Poof it's over. Why does it have to end so fast???Regardless, have a safe trip and hope you have excellent weather - went this time last year and in July and the weather was hot hot hot. Enjoy!!! By the way, let me know how the hotel is - haven't stayed yet but would like to though. Much magic to you and yours!

Nancybell

16. SheilaCNJ

SheilaCNJ Earning My Ears

Here in Central NJ, there's a store called Dollar Planet on Route 27 in Franklin Park.

I was in there on Sunday and they had quite a few little Disney story books. They had Dumbo, Toy Story, Tarzan, Cinderella, etc.

I found that reading books like these was a great way to prepare my little ones the first time we went to Disney and they were too young to sit through the movies. It helped them get to know the characters.

They also had Winnie the Pooh pencil sets that were cute. I stocked up prior to our trip and gave our girls a little surprise every day. It really helped keep souvenier costs down.