Barcelona Private Car Service

DisneyOHFan

Livin' for Disney
We are looking to use a private car service from the port to the airport when we get off the ship in Barcelona. If anyone has used a car service in Barcelona, would you mind sharing the name and your experience?

Thank you

We used Angie's Taxi Service and LOVED them. The driver gave us a short tour of the city on our way to the hotel. We also used them to take us from the hotel to the port. Right on time and courteous. {can't find them now -- wonder if they are out of business}

Also found this one: barcelonataxivan.com

We used Angie's Taxi Service and LOVED them. The driver gave us a short tour of the city on our way to the hotel. We also used them to take us from the hotel to the port. Right on time and courteous.

Thank you. Did you pre-arrange it before you left the US?

Yes -- all done through email and price quotes and all. It all went very smoothly.

I did find a question on the Cruise Critic site about them from last year and it appears they are no longer in business. Try the other place I listed. It's a shame though because I would have used them again.

Also do a search on Cruise Critic and Trip Advisor.

If you are just going straight to the airport--there is a very efficient and quick moving taxi line right when you get off the ship. Taxis are clean and really quite inexpensive. we always use a car service in Florida, but the Taxi in Barcelona is so cheap and so easy we would never bother with arranging a car service there :goodvibes

If you are just going straight to the airport--there is a very efficient and quick moving taxi line right when you get off the ship. Taxis are clean and really quite inexpensive. we always use a car service in Florida, but the Taxi in Barcelona is so cheap and so easy we would never bother with arranging a car service there :goodvibes

I heard that the lines for the taxis are REALLY long at the port in Barcelona.

We sail from BCN 2-3 times a year and have for the last 4 years. The lines are long but move fast. We have never waited more than 20 minutes in the line (even off the much BIGger Royal Caribbean ships and less getting off of the Magic). Maybe we just have good luck, but if so we have had a lot of it:goodvibes

ETA--the wait is often 5 minutes or less. The 20 minute wait was when my daughter was on crutches and they wanted us to wait for a larger vehicle for her.

We sail from BCN 2-3 times a year and have for the last 4 years. The lines are long but move fast. We have never waited more than 20 minutes in the line (even off the much BIGger Royal Caribbean ships and less getting off of the Magic). Maybe we just have good luck, but if so we have had a lot of it:goodvibes

ETA--the wait is often 5 minutes or less. The 20 minute wait was when my daughter was on crutches and they wanted us to wait for a larger vehicle for her.

That is great news. Thank you. We have an 11:20 flight and I didn't want to spend too much time in line waiting for a taxi.

You may still want to book something private--but I wanted to give you the info:goodvibes I love how easy that is in Barcelona (and I totally get stressing about getting to the airport in time; I am always a nervous wreck about that stuff).

We are looking to use a private car service from the port to the airport when we get off the ship in Barcelona. If anyone has used a car service in Barcelona, would you mind sharing the name and your experience?

Thank you

A taxi would be a great way to go. Unless things have changed, there is a limit of 4 people in a taxi in Barcelona(not sure how many is in your party). I know I paid 30-35 euros from the airport to my hotel on Pau Claris and they do charge you an additional 1 or 2 euro for each suitcase in the trunk. I'm not sure what they would charge from the port to the airport.

I think it was 25 Euro plus another 1 per suitcase the last time we went to the airport (which was last summer) and that was with just two in the taxi. I might be off by a little though--it is close to that one way or another.

We used them to get from the airport to our hotel in 2010:

http://www.carsdeluxe.es

Very friendly driver (compared to the cab-idiot who drove us from the hotel to the port, he charged too much), clean car, good email contact. We will use them again next year for the ETA.

Oliver

We used Barcelona Airport Transfers in 2011 from Airport to Hotel, Hotel to Port and Port to Airport. We are a family of 5 and knew that taxis wouldn't work for us. They were great. Prompt and a nice roomy and clean van. We had the same driver for each leg of our transfers. I thought their prices were reasonable too.

http://www.barcelona-airport-transfers.com/

We used Barcelona Airport Transfers in 2011 from Airport to Hotel, Hotel to Port and Port to Airport. We are a family of 5 and knew that taxis wouldn't work for us. They were great. Prompt and a nice roomy and clean van. We had the same driver for each leg of our transfers. I thought their prices were reasonable too.

http://www.barcelona-airport-transfers.com/

We also used Barcelona Airport Transfers in 2011 for the trip from the airport to our hotel and from the port back to the airport. They were prompt (quite a bit early for the trip from the port back to the airport, actually) and courteous. I definitely recommend them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter