Banned Photography?

Discussion in 'Photography Board' started by Myron, Feb 24, 2013.

1. Myron

Myron Earning My Ears

I am confused about whether videos can be taken inside Disney attractions. In past visits, I had problems doing photography at such places at the American Showcase and the China film both at Epcot. What exactly is the policy now?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. BirdsOfPreyDave

BirdsOfPreyDave Disney Lover, DVC Member, SSR Fanatic DIS Lifetime Sponsor

You need to listen to the cast member (or recorded message) at the entrance of the attraction. The rules are different for each. In some, you can video so long as you don't use an external light. At others, videos are not permitted at all.

4. wbeem

wbeem DIS Veteran

Unless there is an announcement, photographer is generally permitted. As said above, you need to listen for an announcement or watch for signs.

On some rides, they say "no flash photography" That means you can take pictures, but don't use your flash because it's distracting to other guests on a dark ride.

Then there are rides where all photography is prohibited. Star Tours is a good example there. It's part of the opening presentation by one of the droids just before you enter.

5. nigelp

nigelp Mouseketeer

Carousel of Progress - I have been told no photography at all, no flash photography and once not a mention of whether you can take photos or not.

6. C&B Young

C&B Young Twitter @CanaDisney

CoP is always a mixed bag depending on the cast member. However, once on the carousel you're usually unsupervised so just don't use a flash and you'll be fine. ;)